What camera do you use?

I have a 14.2 megapixel and a wide (7X) 28-196mm Nikon Coolpix S600 digital camera that I got for Christmas from my cousin...
I will be using it tomorrow at my brother's.

The correction: S6000... I took some pictures. They came out pretty good.

I forgot to add that my other digital camera was stolen. It's Kodak EasyShare M753. Thank goodness, it was not that expensive.

Also, I have a Canon EOS 30D Digital camera.

I don't know what to do with my old camera, which I bought in 1984 - Canon T70 camera was a 35mm FD-Mount single-lens reflex. I guess I have to sell it to Ebay. I don't think they want to buy it from me. Sigh...

You all guys have nice digital cameras, BTW.
Enjoy your new camera, guys!

I forgot to add that my other digital camera was stolen. It's Kodak EasyShare M753. Thank goodness, it was not that expensive.

I don't know what to do with my old camera, which I bought in 1984 - Canon T70 camera was a 35mm FD-Mount single-lens reflex. I guess I have to sell it to Ebay. I don't think they want to buy it from me. Sigh...

I gave away my old camera to a high school student, on Freecycle. You can check with your local high schools. Some of them still use 35mm for their photography classes. Or try Freecycle.org

That's right. Image sensor + big len = win.

Very correct. Good glass, goes a long way. Check out these two pictures...one was shot with a canon xsi with a 18-55mm kit lens, the second was shot with the same xsi using a Canon 70-200mm F4/L ($600 lens). Dont pay attention to the subject, but compare the quality

IMG_4915.jpg

IMG_5321.jpg

Yes I read reviews about S6000 is really good digital camera that my wife almost bought it but she changed mind and buy L110. Her decided.

My digital is an old Canon PowershotA20...works great. My brother is really into everything new that comes out, and I wind up with his old stuff. My other camera is a Canon Rebel EOS, was a birthday gift from Mom about 7-8 yrs ago. The Rebel is not digital, though there is a Rebel that is both - sometimes I regret not getting that one, I definitely use the digital camera more.

My digital is an old Canon PowershotA20...works great. My brother is really into everything new that comes out, and I wind up with his old stuff. My other camera is a Canon Rebel EOS, was a birthday gift from Mom about 7-8 yrs ago. The Rebel is not digital, though there is a Rebel that is both - sometimes I regret not getting that one, I definitely use the digital camera more.

FWIW Canon makes currently 4 different rebels; the xs, xsi, t1i, and t2i
Canon U.S.A. : Consumer & Home Office : Digital SLR Cameras

I gave away my old camera to a high school student, on Freecycle. You can check with your local high schools. Some of them still use 35mm for their photography classes. Or try Freecycle.org

I never thought about that. What a great idea?! I will check into it. Thanks for the website, Reba! :)

Yes I read reviews about S6000 is really good digital camera that my wife almost bought it but she changed mind and buy L110. Her decided.

Really? I haven't read reviews about S6000. I got it for Christmas from my cousin.
Your wife has a nice camera. I believe it must be new because I haven't seen it around here until now....
My cousin told me that she bought it from the Ritz camera store when it is on sale at the time. It was a good deal!!!

Very correct. Good glass, goes a long way. Check out these two pictures...one was shot with a canon xsi with a 18-55mm kit lens, the second was shot with the same xsi using a Canon 70-200mm F4/L ($600 lens). Dont pay attention to the subject, but compare the quality

IMG_4915.jpg

IMG_5321.jpg

Nice pictures!!! They look sharp!

Nice camera you have in there. A lot of people buy a digital camera these days. I guess it's popular...

A camera that has no full manual mode settings. >:-(

Nice camera you have in there. A lot of people buy a digital camera these days. I guess it's popular...

yes, popular because it is much easier, and of course the instant gratification of having your pictures right away...and the savings on not having to develop worthless shots, you just erase the bad stuff. But, I kind of like the wait to get one's pictures, the anticipation to see how they came out, relive the moments that they were taken etc etc. You don't have that anymore with digital.

Back