What are you thinking about Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been gone for months and I'm thinking it's way too daunting to catch up on some of these threads..

Around, just not here :) I got sucked into Netflix so I haven't been here at night. Not sure why I haven't checked AD out during down time at work. Just.....haven't.

I have the times for the Chicago Air & Water show this weekend.... 10 AM to 3 PM (8/16 & 8/17)That should be a fun day.

Last edited:
Thinking about the weekend. :)

thinking that I could be wrong about a lot of things about my old boss and her system of managing the school. Seems the same system at my new workplace.

Around, just not here :) I got sucked into Netflix so I haven't been here at night. Not sure why I haven't checked AD out during down time at work. Just.....haven't.

When I am tired or exhausted, I just check in on AD but don't really post.

Thinking about the bicycle trip tomorrow..... it's going to be the longest of the year, as I will be riding from Rogers Park all the way to Fullerton or North Ave, and that trip one way is at least 8-10 miles. I'll need to leave early for that (8:30 AM).

I'll be headed to Fullerton Beach. Easier that way, since North Ave is WAY down there, and Fullerton I can easily reach, but North Ave? Not a chance.

Last edited:
Thinking "Am I happy my mower is fixed already or mad because I didn't get anyone to mow my lawn while it was in the shop?". Got a call today that it's ready for me to pick up. I'll pick it up tomorrow morning. Guess I'll be mowing my lawn this weekend.
(No mention on the VM that I owe anything :) )

That Marty and I had a very close encounter with a skunk tonight. I took my dog out in the backyard and we walked right into a skunk! My dog almost touch the skunk with his nose. The skunk had it tail raise up but it was able to back up and I pulled my dog back. Damn , we both could had been spayed by the skunk ! I wonder if the skunk is HOH b/c it did not hear my cane hitting ground as I walked.

Thinking how great a few of the houses in our neighborhood look after getting fake grass put in their front yards. If you didn't know they had it done you would not be able to tell the difference just by looking at them. Better then having dried brown lawns due to the drought plus saves a lot of water.

Thinking how great a few of the houses in our neighborhood look after getting fake grass put in their front yards. If you didn't know they had it done you would not be able to tell the difference just by looking at them. Better then having dried brown lawns due to the drought plus saves a lot of water.

When I moved to California I took my dog with me and when we got off the plane I took her outside to pee the grass was fake and my poor dog kept sniffing the grass and was not sure what to made of it. I guess as long as you have no dog fake grass will be OK . I thought it looked horrible but it may look better today and I agree it will save water.

When I moved to California I took my dog with me and when we got off the plane I took her outside to pee the grass was fake and my poor dog kept sniffing the grass and was not sure what to made of it. I guess as long as you have no dog fake grass will be OK . I thought it looked horrible but it may look better today and I agree it will save water.

The new synthetic grass looks really good. There is over 30 different types. My sister-in-law had some in her backyard and we really could not tell the difference.

The new synthetic grass looks really good. There is over 30 different types. My sister-in-law had some in her backyard and we really could not tell the difference.

When we lived in El Paso we had rocks and cactus. There was some kind of black netting under the rock to keep away weeds.

I really liked that landscaping.

When we lived in El Paso we had rocks and cactus. There was some kind of black netting under the rock to keep away weeds.

I really liked that landscaping.

In areas where we have this drought I think it's about time people make better choices with their landscaping. I don't know if my husband would ever consider the synthetic grass, maybe in the backyard, but it looks a lot better then the brown dry grass everyone has now.

We have been downgraded to only water our yards 2 days a week now.

For those of you who pay for your water, check to see how many gallons you use per day. Shocking!!!!

Even though my city isn't in a drought this year, we still have a permanent rule by the city that you can only water on the even/odd days that correspond with your house number. So mine ends in a 2, so I can only water on even days. Been that way for as long as I've lived here.

Our new house will be well water, though, so I suppose we can water as much as we like then. But I think we won't change what we've been used to doing.

Better Than Real Artificial Grass - Synthetic grass, artificial grass and landscaping - Bay area San francisco, California .:. Information of What is the artificial synthetic grass made of?

I can tell right on line that this fake grass, I can by looking at the border of lawn . I think I would rather have the brown grass than fake grass.

http://www.installitdirect.com/synt...-properly-clean-maintain-my-artificial-grass/

You have hose the fake grass off if it get dirty and it can burn too ,it sound like more work that real grass.

Had a great run this morning. 12 x 1/4 mile intervals with a brief recovery in between. Finished well below my goal time, but not too tired or sore!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back