What are you thinking about Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
am thinking how proud I am of my closet - immaculate and orderly

10501850_10104146752696239_1544676923830004520_n.jpg

Yeah me too....

kingsmanposterlarge.jpg

I heard free software are not good and can cause more viruses. I might have to fork out $$ to get one. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never had that problem with Bitdefender. I've used it for nearly a year, and never had a problem with it.

For antivirus protection, all you need is the one Microsoft made. It's considered the best, is absolutely free provided you have a legit version of Windows (not pirated) and it has real-time protection. No subscription and it automatically updates the definitions for you. It's the ultimate install and forget security program. I install it on everyone's computer and they forget they even have it.

Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows

And while it can be dangerous to download free programs from shady sites, there are a ton of quality free programs that are just as good as the paid version (for example, OpenOffice is just as good as Microsoft Office.)

A couple of good places for free, virus-free sites are FileHippo.com - Download Free Software and http://ninite.com/ - Ninite is really great because it also automatically updates the programs for you so you don't have to find and install them. I've used both sites for downloading programs for years.

Chicago , I will check it out , thank you.

Matt B , going to check it out as well. Thank you :)

Chicago , I will check it out , thank you.

Matt B , going to check it out as well. Thank you :)

I'll share my experience setting up anti-virus. On the old Gateway laptops, setting up anti-virus was pretty easy to do. Now as for the HP laptop I have, well, that one was a little more difficult, and it took several weeks to figure out how to do it. (I needed to install Service Pack 2 & 3, and finding these was no easy task), but I did manage to succeed. Now that I have a Windows Tablet PC as my primary device, it has the same protection as the others.

I'll share my experience setting up anti-virus. On the old Gateway laptops, setting up anti-virus was pretty easy to do. Now as for the HP laptop I have, well, that one was a little more difficult, and it took several weeks to figure out how to do it. (I needed to install Service Pack 2 & 3, and finding these was no easy task), but I did manage to succeed. Now that I have a Windows Tablet PC as my primary device, it has the same protection as the others.

My laptop is considered "old" Toshiba Windows 7 but t works lol

My laptop is considered "old" Toshiba Windows 7 but t works lol

Toshiba is good. You'll be all right, as that's a good quality laptop.

Questioning how this year school term will work for accommodations...
Will I be able to go to a Convention this year... but have school in the Summer (intensive course) but I'm so determined to go to that Convention this Summer. I got this...

They're missing out on what a nice, thoughtful, and charming individual you are. I would take the time to hear you out, a BIG :hug: to cheer you up! :P

Ahhhh what a sweet message, thank you it made me smile.

I agree

Odd thing is, I discovered that anti-virus by accident while exploring a replacement for MSE, and this came highly recommended, and I haven't regretted it since.

Now I have two interviews tomorrow!!!! Got an email an hour or do ago, this one is in Dallas, about an hour away. It's $20 an hour more than I'm making now though. I'll move :D no practical for this one though. That wicked sucks.

Odd thing is, I discovered that anti-virus by accident while exploring a replacement for MSE, and this came highly recommended, and I haven't regretted it since.

I am getting some annoying pop up ads might have to turn off my laptop and restart. I hope it works. My speed is faster than before.

Good luck tomorrow! :)

Now I have two interviews tomorrow!!!! Got an email an hour or do ago, this one is in Dallas, about an hour away. It's $20 an hour more than I'm making now though. I'll move :D no practical for this one though. That wicked sucks.

Good luck tomorrow! :)

Thanks!!! Either would be an improvement really. I'm so stoked!! But the interviews lately haven't gone well, so I'm giving myself pep talks.

My mom and sister think I should wait til after I get a cochlear implant. Boooo I'm still waiting on a referral to go see the otologist. I've been doing this deaf for over 4 years, I can still keep doing it deaf. It's been awhile since my hearing aids were very useful, I'm just starting to think bosses think my hearing is an issue. Poop, there I go again. Okay pep talk time. Positive thoughts, positive thoughts!!

I am getting some annoying pop up ads might have to turn off my laptop and restart. I hope it works. My speed is faster than before.

That happens when you first install it. Yes, the restart should work. Also, make sure you sign in, too. They won't send you a bill, but it's to protect your laptop.

I wish bosses sees the job performance over the hearing status... the only thing we can't do is hear but can do just anything like hearing people. :)

Thanks!!! Either would be an improvement really. I'm so stoked!! But the interviews lately haven't gone well, so I'm giving myself pep talks.

My mom and sister think I should wait til after I get a cochlear implant. Boooo I'm still waiting on a referral to go see the otologist. I've been doing this deaf for over 4 years, I can still keep doing it deaf. It's been awhile since my hearing aids were very useful, I'm just starting to think bosses think my hearing is an issue. Poop, there I go again. Okay pep talk time. Positive thoughts, positive thoughts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back