What are you thinking about Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking I might back out of our trip to Chicago and let hubby go by himself. His sister just sent a message with all the things she has planned to do for this family reunion.

Going to see a play or two and going to the opera.

OMG OMG OMG OMG....what a friggin nightmare for me. I can't hear..remember!!!!

I want to be able to just pack jeans and sweaters and not have to go shopping for "theater and opera" outfits. So not me!!!

Thinking I might back out of our trip to Chicago and let hubby go by himself. His sister just sent a message with all the things she has planned to do for this family reunion.

I want to be able to just pack jeans and sweaters and not have to go shopping for "theater and opera" outfits. So not me!!!

You should go and just take the evenings of the play and opera to rest and talk to us.

You can have fun with them when they are doing things you are able to participate in.

Most families just get together and have cookout in the backyard or met at a park . I my ex husband family met at park and had cookout , I am so glad they did not want to go to a play or opera. I would had stayed home , there no way I would had drove for more than half a day to go to a play that I would not hear either.

Angel1989, a small word of advice on the weather here. It might be October, but it will still be warm here. I'm talking 60's and 70's, and it usually doesn't get cold here until closer to Thanksgiving. Odd, I know, but it's been that way ever since I moved here. You may want to pack some short sleeved shirts, and maybe a light jacket, if you have plans to visit the beach here either in the early morning or in the early evening, as those winds can bite, as I discovered last Thursday.

Most families just get together and have cookout in the backyard or met at a park . I my ex husband family met at park and had cookout , I am so glad they did not want to go to a play or opera. I would had stayed home , there no way I would had drove for more than half a day to go to a play that I would not hear either.

I saw a lot of cookouts last Saturday. The beach was quite busy last weekend.

Angel1989, a small word of advice on the weather here. It might be October, but it will still be warm here. I'm talking 60's and 70's, and it usually doesn't get cold here until closer to Thanksgiving. Odd, I know, but it's been that way ever since I moved here. You may want to pack some short sleeved shirts, and maybe a light jacket, if you have plans to visit the beach here either in the early morning or in the early evening, as those winds can bite, as I discovered last Thursday.

I was in the city for several days in mid Oct. last year. I wore turtlenecks and sweatshirts and my winter coat.

That's what we did in CT last week at our reunion. We had a whole pig cooked in an outdoor pit. Other family members made baked beans and clam chowder from old family recipes. One cousin printed out copies of family history to pass out. Some family members swam in the river behind the house. A few cousins played instruments and sang. Mostly we caught up on family news. It was very casual.

I was in the city for several days in mid Oct. last year. I wore turtlenecks and sweatshirts and my winter coat.

Last year October was colder than usual, that I'll admit, but for the most part, it's fairly warm, with a few exceptions. Can't remember the last time it got cold in October.

You call that warm? That's jeans and sweatshirt weather to me. :lol:

It is to me. It was in the 70's last Saturday, and I still sweated too much. I've lived in the Midwest my entire life, and the weather here as of late has been unpredictable.

My car was suppose to be ready on Thursday. They just spoke to my husband and said they found a lot more damage. Now over $6,500 in damage. They have to wait to see what AAA wants to do. Today just keeps getting better....NOT!!

Between whiplash, dystonia, family reunion plans and my car....I have had enough for now.

I am so grumpy!!!!

It is to me. It was in the 70's last Saturday, and I still sweated too much. I've lived in the Midwest my entire life, and the weather here as of late has been unpredictable.

Mark my husband lived in Chicago most of his life. I know the weather can be unpredictable in October. We are going near the end of October. 70º for us is pretty cool after a whole summer of upper 90º-100º.

I will definitely check the weather before I pack.

For any location at any time of year the people that live there can tell you what the weather is most likely to be like at the time you are planning to visit. What they can't tell you is what type/amount of clothing you will need to bring. For a given temperature what you will need is governed by where you are coming from and what temperatures you are used to.

I think this has already be illustrated by some of the comments above.

Mark my husband lived in Chicago most of his life. I know the weather can be unpredictable in October. We are going near the end of October. 70º for us is pretty cool after a whole summer of upper 90º-100º.

I'm having fun, not, planning my clothes for my trip since I will be all over the country. Most of my outdoor time will be in the Bay Area, but I hope to get out in Chicago during at least one of my layovers there and then I hope to step out into LA for at least a few minutes (should have 1-1/2 hours though). I don't plan to leave the train stations in NY or WAS since those layovers will be relatively short.

And, of course, just in the Bay Area, the temps vary. I have a vague idea where we'll be 3 days, but won't see the final itinerary for a few more weeks.

I'm having fun, not, planning my clothes for my trip since I will be all over the country. Most of my outdoor time will be in the Bay Area, but I hope to get out in Chicago during at least one of my layovers there and then I hope to step out into LA for at least a few minutes (should have 1-1/2 hours though). I don't plan to leave the train stations in NY or WAS since those layovers will be relatively short.

And, of course, just in the Bay Area, the temps vary. I have a vague idea where we'll be 3 days, but won't see the final itinerary for a few more weeks.

The most common recommendation for that seems to be layers (chosen with colors that go together in mind). Put on more or take some off depending on how hot or cold you are.

Good idea. Even I can't say how it'll turn out this fall, with the temps having been on a roller coaster the entire summer. There have been days in the 60's, and most days are 70's and 80's, but once it rains here, it gets a whole lot cooler. It's been a crazy summer here, I'll say that much.

That's what we did in CT last week at our reunion. We had a whole pig cooked in an outdoor pit. Other family members made baked beans and clam chowder from old family recipes. One cousin printed out copies of family history to pass out. Some family members swam in the river behind the house. A few cousins played instruments and sang. Mostly we caught up on family news. It was very casual.

Yeah , I think going casual it best way to go , and it cost less money , some people not be able to afford go a play or opera or like going to them at all.
It sound like you had good time , glad to hear that , b/c you got rained out one day. Did you go Lizzie Borden's house while in Fall River ?

The most common recommendation for that seems to be layers (chosen with colors that go together in mind). Put on more or take some off depending on how hot or cold you are.

Yes, I know about layering. I still have to decide how many of this and that I should plan on wearing. Plus I'm trying to minimize what I have to pack. I'm going to be gone 12 days. 8 of those days will be on trains and at stations/layovers. I should be able to pack for 8 days because I can wash my 1st 4 days of clothes at my daughter's. I doubt I'll want to do laundry at the hotel before getting on the return train(s).

My plan for the Bay Area is to wear long-sleeve blouses where I can roll up the sleeves if it's warm and keep them long if/when it's cool. Will also have a warm hoody, as the nights can be quite cool.

70 is warm to me, we had 70's weather here I wore sleeveless top and shorts the whole time. I only wore a turtleneck and jeans and a winter coat last winter . My ex husband was the one that had to have the heat up really high , it drove me nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back