What are you thinking about Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just found out that the lady behind me in the accident driving the Prius her car was totaled too. She was driving a company car and just so happens to be the same company my husband works for. They are blaming her 80% and the guy behind her 20%.

After seeing all the damage and injuries everyone is agreeing with me that her air bag should have gone off.

AAA settled with us for my car but now we have to put claims in with the other two insurances and see what they do.

Just found out that the lady behind me in the accident driving the Prius her car was totaled too. She was driving a company car and just so happens to be the same company my husband works for. They are blaming her 80% and the guy behind her 20%.

After seeing all the damage and injuries everyone is agreeing with me that her air bag should have gone off.

AAA settled with us for my car but now we have to put claims in with the other two insurances and see what they do.

You mean the guy that cause the accidents in the first place is only 20 % at fault ? I was driving on a draw bridge once and the traffic had stopped and I happen to look in my rearview mirror and saw a guy speeding in my lane and it did not like he was going to stop. I got into another really fast and just in time. The guy rammed into the car I was behind. I felt horrible for the person but I was hoping the guy would had notice the traffic was not moving when I stopped behind the second car. I had just gotten my car and I am sure glad I was not hit. I have no idea if the person in the car that got hit was hurt. I hope not.

You mean the guy that cause the accidents in the first place is only 20 % at fault ?

No It's kind of confusing. The lady behind me didn't see me stopping and hit me going around 35mph, hard really hard. Then the guy behind her couldn't stop fast enough so he hit her pushing her into me again. So I was hit twice from behind and then pushed into the guy in front of me.

No It's kind of confusing. The lady behind me didn't see me stopping and hit me going around 35mph, hard really hard. Then the guy behind her couldn't stop fast enough so he hit her pushing her into me again. So I was hit twice from behind and then pushed into the guy in front of me.

Kind of like a chain-reaction accident? You stopped, the woman behind you was going 35 MPH, and hit you really hard, and the man behind her couldn't stop fast enough to avoid an accident. Is there a failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident citation in the CHP report?

Wow! You're lucky to had not been hurt a lot worst . I hope you will fully covered for your car . I guess you can go after the guy and woman ?

Kind of like a chain-reaction accident? You stopped, the woman behind you was going 35 MPH, and hit you really hard, and the man behind her couldn't stop fast enough to avoid an accident. Is there a failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident citation in the CHP report?

Exactly right Mark. Both parties behind me were cited for excess speed for traffic conditions, which was stop and go.

Exactly right Mark. Both parties behind me were cited for excess speed for traffic conditions, which was stop and go.

That's what I thought. Those kinds of citations can bring steep fines if someone gets hurt like you did.

Wow! You're lucky to had not been hurt a lot worst . I hope you will fully covered for your car . I guess you can go after the guy and woman ?

Yes we always carry full coverage. My insurance has already settled for my car. They will go after the other two people to recoup their loss.

Have you start looking for a new car yet?

No not yet. I have no idea what I even like or want. I started looking at Consumer Reports a little bit.. We might go out and start looking some time this weekend. I'm still not feeling that great and there really is no hurry since I have my daughters car I can use for now. I'm still pretty freaked out to drive.

No not yet. I have no idea what I even like or want. I started looking at Consumer Reports a little bit.. We might go out and start looking some time this weekend. I'm still not feeling that great and there really is no hurry since I have my daughters car I can use for now. I'm still pretty freaked out to drive.

See if you can find one that will have your seat's back rest extend up to the height of your head, may help to ease using your injured neck. :)

I can relate to that , after my car was totaled from being T boned I freaked out when a car got too close to the passenger side of my husband car , my car was hit on the passenger side . I would throw my arms up to protect my head b/c I didn't think the other car was going to stop . It took me some time to feel comfortable in a car again.

Thinking how silly I am that I can't stop crying about my car. Hubby went to the repair shop to clear it out. It's gone now..... So many good memories in the car.
not silly at all.

I felt the same way when I traded my Tracker in for a CRV (loved the Tracker but it had been in a major accident- amazingly not totaled). Then again when I totaled the CR-V five years later.

This car I wouldn't mind seeing the back end of. It's ok but never totally loved it even though I've had it for 11 years now. Kept it that long because a) I hate car shopping and b)cashflow changed a lot over the years between jobs.

not silly at all.

I felt the same way when I traded my Tracker in for a CRV (loved the Tracker but it had been in a major accident- amazingly not totaled). Then again when I totaled the CR-V five years later.

This car I wouldn't mind seeing the back end of. It's ok but never totally loved it even though I've had it for 11 years now. Kept it that long because a) I hate car shopping and b)cashflow changed a lot over the years between jobs.

Thank you. I think what is making me so sad is the fact that I had just started feeling comfortable driving as a newly deaf person. It was a big change, took me awhile but I finally got out there and did it. My fear was getting into an accident and it happened. I haven't had an accident in over 30 years and have never had a ticket.

If anyone has some suggestions for new car models please share.

I was sad when I totaled my first truck 20 years ago... but on the positive note..vehicles are replaced, life is not. I hope things get better for you Angel. It's never fun to deal with car accidents and the result of it.

What kind of car was it?

Would you like a brand new or used SUV? CUV? mid/small/large car? minivan? price range? then I'd able to help you out.

What kind of car was it?

Would you like a brand new or used SUV? CUV? mid/small/large car? minivan? price range? then I'd able to help you out.

We are looking at new cars. Larger model, I think they are classified as luxury sedans. I definitely can't afford like BMW, Lexus, Mercedes etc. and wouldn't want those regardless. Definitely want something that has good reviews with Consumer Report. Toyota seems to have the best ratings. We have a HUGE auto mall close by, so we can see a lot of different cars.

I was sad when I totaled my first truck 20 years ago... but on the positive note..vehicles are replaced, life is not. I hope things get better for you Angel. It's never fun to deal with car accidents and the result of it.
That's exactly what my aunt said to me when I had the major accident with my Tracker (I miss that car so much... it was the first car I owned outright and paid off on my own- and one full year ahead of schedule too!)

Trying to figure out why my AD account has suddenly started acting funny. Earlier this afternoon, I saw 7 likes, but only one showed up, and then just 15 minutes ago, five more showed up, all from earlier tonight. :squint: Something's not quite right.

Thinking that I survived two weeks at my new job. Yay me!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back