What are you thinking about Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good or bad?

usually sacrifices mean that one doesn't want to give up something, right? I am giving up an ASL-rich environment so that's hard. I gained working only 35 hours and higher salary. Pros and cons.

usually sacrifices mean that one doesn't want to give up something, right? I am giving up an ASL-rich environment so that's hard. I gained working only 35 hours and higher salary. Pros and cons.

Yea that sucks!! hey, you ll be ok to adjust to it and will use ASL after work. LOL

my bad joke.

im in the hearing work world, and i am doing alright. eh..

:hug:Good luck with your new job, Shel!

I'm thinking about having to go to work in the pouring rain. Been working extra hours because we have so much expenses including that I have a hernia <inguinal, congenital, related to prematurity> and need to decide what I'm gonna do about that...

:hug:Good luck with your new job, Shel!

I'm thinking about having to go to work in the pouring rain. Been working extra hours because we have so much expenses including that I have a hernia <inguinal, congenital, related to prematurity> and need to decide what I'm gonna do about that...

I am sorry to hear this dogmom , I hope you not have to a lot heavy lifting t work .

just bought digital camera book of instuctions every langage but English and dvd with camera may aswel be in japenese.going by pictures I hope it charging....the world moving to fast I got try get into this centary

just bought digital camera book of instuctions every langage but English and dvd with camera may aswel be in japenese.going by pictures I hope it charging....the world moving to fast I got try get into this centary

I hate it when that happen , I find the pictures to be useless when trying to put something together . The drawings are done so poorly .

Do a search for that model on the internet. Often you can download a PDF copy in the language you need but it may be a bad translation. Even then they are usually usable.

There was a shooting yesterday about 10 miles away. I don't live in a high crime area so it was a surprise. And the shooter took off in the victim's car. Police were looking for the car all day yesterday and it was found last night just mere blocks from my house. Creepy. The shooter is still on the run.

There was a shooting yesterday about 10 miles away. I don't live in a high crime area so it was a surprise. And the shooter took off in the victim's car. Police were looking for the car all day yesterday and it was found last night just mere blocks from my house. Creepy. The shooter is still on the run.

Y'all be careful and stay inside. If you go out make sure the hubby goes with you too :shock:

Thinking I am really tired of dealing with someones horrible attitude every.single.morning.

Learning I need to find a way to not be so influenced by the moods of others...

Thinking how funny it was that my grandson was telling his mommy to stop singing Happy Birthday. Today's his second birthday. They sent me 2 videos. One where they sung to him and he (or someone behind the camera) blew out the candles and the other where he starts eating the cake - just chomping down on the whole cake. :D Can't wait to see them in Oct.

Thinking that it's been ten years since Cathy ran in the newspapers, and the final strip was a classical one:

final_cathy_comic_strip.jpg

Is the shooter still on the run?

Thinking that deaf children being mainstreamed with terps is not ideal at all. I have been at orientation with terps this week for my new job. While I appreciate having the terps, it is so hard to engage in group projects with other non-signers using the terps. By the end of the day, I lose interest in participation. I can imagine that it must feel that way for deaf kids being mainstreamed. Feels like back in my pre-Deaf culture days. Very rough adjustment for me.

Thinking about run from a few days ago. Pleasantly startled by neighbors horse coming up along side me at the fence line on the last tenth of a mile! So weird to feel her hooves pounding on the ground then see her come out the corner of my eye.

Early start at work today doing system changes. The work didn't take long, but waiting for the updates to get pushed out did. Did some other quick changes on other systems, too. So easy to be productive when no one else is around. Don't even seem to be any security on shift, which is weird. Used to see them at least once when I came in early. We have little barcodes on the far walls on each floor they have to swipe to show they were on patrol. Maybe they cut back to save money?? We have some arrangement with the local police, too. An officer hangs out and walks the building during operating hours, and several cops stop in for meals. I think they eat free or the department gets a low rate.

:aw:thanks, WDYS! <your response to my post about hernia>

I've been avoiding lifting cases of cans, which is likely <my opinion> what prompted the hernia to become the bulge. And I was doing more overall bending and lifting, repetitively, then I had before I got that job. Even though overall, in comparison to the average person, what I was lifting wasn't heavy.
I'm physically not capable of lifting very much anyway, because I'm a small person with little muscle mass but I -was- lifting cases of cans before.
Folks at work have been very good about it.

Thinking about the weekend, and all the fun that's coming up :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back