What are you thinking about Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are still not done?

Ugh, I think they started in late January or February. I bought it ( Yes bought as in I own this darn thing ) brand new but there was a flaw the HoA found ( because my neighbor fell through her top balcony because of a structural flaw, breaking both of her legs and some other bones... :shock: Poor lady! ) * These are 3 story condos with one balcony off our living room and one off our master bedroom * They tore out the wall off my living room and the one off my master bedroom ( I posted pictures in a thread somewhere on here back when ) and put up temporary walls and scaffolding that made our condos look condemned. :squint: They now have the temporary walls down but they are still in the process of finishing them and painting / sanding them and still have to re-lay the carpet and make it look like nothing happened. There is dust everywhere... EVERYWHERE!!! Not to mention they tore out some of my kitchen ( my island in my kitchen ) because they found bad wood in the kitchen too... 3000 SQ foot condo reduced to 1100 sq ft or something stupid like that.... either way, there is paint tracked through my house and it's one big wreck... I'm beyond livid. If I could hear on a regular basis, I'd be PI**ED... they are constantly banging and drilling 9am-5pm Monday-Friday... My neighbors are LIVID... I can't blame them. All of the units are 3 bedroom 2.5 -3.5 bath depending on which you bought... So most have large families... ( I live alone thankfully. ) So it's not THAT big of a deal to me except the large dusty mess that is upsetting me... but can you imagine those large families? Oh man... I feel bad for them more than myself... So yes, the balconies are up and rebuilt, the permanent walls are up, but they are not done finishing them, painting, my carpet needs to be replaced ( Which they WILL be doing whether they like it or not ) and they WILL be cleaning my place... whether they like it or not... that place was spotless before they came in there ripping crap apart! :mad: :mad2: I could go on for hours!!! :mad2: :pissed: *Mocks father* Buy a new condo in this gated community Mew, it's brand new!!! Nobody has ever owned it and it has maintenance included! Since it's new, you're not going to have any issues! *mocks more* BLAH BLAH BLAH!!! Yeah, thanks dad... :roll: I give him crap every time I see him.... every... time... and will... forever.... and ever.... :squint: Seriously though, I'm shaking just thinking about it. There's talk of a class action lawsuit but I'm unsure of the whole thing and what the community is putting together. :dunno: All I know is I'm P***ED and I'm not being reimbursed squat! :mad: No, they didn't offer to send me to a hotel or give me a check or anything for my inconvenience.... :mad2: Jerks... ( Keep in mind, this is just MY unit of 3 condos... there are like 120 units in my community they have to redo... )

Oh, lets not forget I couldn't park in my garage or driveway ( leading to my garage ) for 4 months. So they gave me these ghetto signs to put in my windshield to give me permission to park in the street since the scaffolding blocked my garage and driveway and when it wasn't they didn't want to risk dropping crap on my car... Okay, I understand this. The HoA strictly prohibits parking in the street EVER. So, these signs in my window will allow it, okay... no biggie ( Since there isn't enough guest parking spaces to accommodate all the residents units being worked on and guests ) Alright... cool. NOT COOL!!! I parked 2.5 inches too close to the sidewalk and they TOWED MY FREAKING CAR!!! I came out that morning and my car was GONE! They left a note on my door saying I was parked too close to the sidewalk ( 2.52 inches ) and I was towed... Guess how much that was?!? $279.00!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, you want to talk about livid.... you have no idea.... Needless to say I went to that HoA meeting and was reimbursed my money by check... took them a couple of weeks... but I got my check! :mad2: Oh I was SO mad! See, told you I could go on for hours... Okay, I need to stop ranting about the condo construction, it's making me boil!!!

Geez. They started in Jan/Feb and they are still not done? I have done some construction with friends that are in the business. Seems like these people working on your condo is extremely lazy. It should have been done months ago.

That's the first I have ever heard of parking too close to a sidwalk. What the hell, they actually measure the damn thing? What a bunch of morons. This is why I will never EVER own a house that has some sort of HOA involved with it. My house, my rules, my life.

Yikes, that's a big messy place to deal with... and they make it a big deal over 2.5 inches? Good grief!

Oh, lets not forget I couldn't park in my garage or driveway ( leading to my garage ) for 4 months. So they gave me these ghetto signs to put in my windshield to give me permission to park in the street since the scaffolding blocked my garage and driveway and when it wasn't they didn't want to risk dropping crap on my car... Okay, I understand this. The HoA strictly prohibits parking in the street EVER. So, these signs in my window will allow it, okay... no biggie ( Since there isn't enough guest parking spaces to accommodate all the residents units being worked on and guests ) Alright... cool. NOT COOL!!! I parked 2.5 inches too close to the sidewalk and they TOWED MY FREAKING CAR!!! I came out that morning and my car was GONE! They left a note on my door saying I was parked too close to the sidewalk ( 2.52 inches ) and I was towed... Guess how much that was?!? $279.00!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, you want to talk about livid.... you have no idea.... Needless to say I went to that HoA meeting and was reimbursed my money by check... took them a couple of weeks... but I got my check! :mad2: Oh I was SO mad! See, told you I could go on for hours... Okay, I need to stop ranting about the condo construction, it's making me boil!!!

Thinking how some people don't seem to know how to do Internet searches.

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

Feeling kind of sad that I am realizing I lost a year plus worth or memories when I was sick.

Such a strange feeling.......

Maybe you could have your friends and family member find photos from that year and write down events that meant a lot to you. That might help you recall some memories.

:laugh2: I'm not laughing at the cooking themselves, I'm laughing because I would definitely not stay in THAT long.... I've done this on multiple occasions, I will be okay. :P I did it last night... Just for 2 hours... it was wonderful and I feel much less sore. However, thank you for your concern of a less cooked Mew... :ugh:

I used a hot tub only once when I was at Big Spur California and I can't remember what it was like . My dad has a steam bath put in the basement but us kids where not allowed to use it. I think mom thought she would find a pool of flesh on the floor if we stay in too long.

ah... a hot tub... first hot tub in a long time in Portugal (business travel) last month

10270634_10103812463234999_821034069943305404_n.jpg

it was unique experience because I've never been to a hotel room with only a curtain that divides bathroom and beds

10251889_10103811126274279_327130779031741166_n.jpg

my truck got towed last week cuz I parked in NO STANDING on bus zone... oops!

$175 tow + $115 fine *weeping*

and plus.... several paint scratches on my door frame and door... obviously done by a tow truck guy jimmying my door opened. *weeping again* I'll be filing a claim against NYC. gotta go to this body shop near my home to get an estimate. I'm going to ask him to mark it up higher because as always - NYC bureaucrat is gonna try to mark it down.

ah... a hot tub... first hot tub in a long time in Portugal (business travel) last month

it was unique experience because I've never been to a hotel room with only a curtain that divides bathroom and beds

I would not want to stay in a hotel like that . I want walls between the guestrooms .

I would not want to stay in a hotel like that . I want walls between the guestrooms .

My understanding is that there are walls between the guestrooms. But instead of yours having a wall between the bedroom and bathroom part it is a curtain. There would be a wall between yours and any other guest.

Am I right, Jiro?

you crazy!! the Laptop is right next to tub. :smh:

but you are the only guest in the room (unless you're sharing it) so.... btw - the place I was staying at is a spa resort hotel. that explains the luxurious amenities offered there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back