What are you thinking about? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think about so many exciting changes! :)

And how Hamhuis could not score on empty net with nobody around. *Facepalm* Dan, I love you, but that was CRAP.

Cranked up my heater... Cold front is here!!!! God, so cold.

I'm thinking i better be able to fall back to sleep. I hate waking up at 4:15am.

Thinking that it will be hard to get off this treadmill
due to legs feeling like jelly.5 more mins left.

I'm thinking that I'm procrastinating by surfing through AllDeaf when I should be getting on with my tasks for the day :hmm:

Boo. My son goes back to school today. Oh, how I love time off. Oh well. Back to the grind.

I've seen it. Probably his best movie ever. Watch The Corporation. That one will really scare the shit out of you. And for desert, Inside Job. You'll get a nice tingly feeling of outrage and apathy.

Did you forget Enron the smartest men in the room?

Im sorry once again for using the wrong word. Its just a little confusing and I want to make sure I'm learning it right. I haven't met another deaf person to ask.
So thanks. I will just follow my tutor. The signs for breakfast, lunch and dinner were just tapping your chin with the letter B, L and D. I have seen 3 different signs for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Ok stupid question here: If i learn signs one way for these words will I know what others are signing to me? Will they know what I'm signing if its different. I have so many questions. Can you help me. If its too much trouble thats ok. I just really need to talk to someone who can understand what i need.

What Bott mentioned is how you sign breakfast, lunch, and dinner in ASL. The signs you were taught are SEE (Signing Exact English).

Thanks for the information. I just started with my tutor and flash cards. I have a DVD but havent tried it though. Little confused because some words i learned are different on the flashcards. Is there exceptable differnt signs for same word. Like dinner, lunch and breakfast? Tutor taught me one hand sign, flash card shows 2 handed sign. If you or someone knows, that would be nice to learn if I'm doing ok? Thanks again.

It can get confusing especially when SEE and ASL get mixed up. The B, L and S sign for breakfast, lunch and dinner I was taught in class but the true ASL signs would be:

breakfast would be "eat" + "morning"

lunch "eat" + "noon"

supper "eat" + "night"

Your best bet would be to take an ASL class or private tutoring from someone fluent in ASL and make sure you verify it's ASL, not SEE.

And watch lots of and lots of ASL videos on youtube. The more you watch, the more it all sinks in and do try to mimic what you're watching to practice your signing.

What's your tutor's background and qualifications?

Eh, let's not get overzealous. Many strong ASL users just bounce the L and D on the chin for lunch and dinner. For breakfast, there's more of a preference for the morning+eat combo because bouncing the B on the chin is the same sign as bitch.

Eh, let's not get overzealous. Many strong ASL users just bounce the L and D on the chin for lunch and dinner. For breakfast, there's more of a preference for the morning+eat combo because bouncing the B on the chin is the same sign as bitch.

Yeah, my theory is that some SEE signs got adopted as shorthand.

Yeah, my theory is that some SEE signs got adopted as shorthand.

Sure, but that doesn't mean they aren't "true ASL signs." They are. They just happen to be initialized. Some people don't like initialized signs and brand them SEE signs, even if they didn't originate from SEE.

Asl vs see

Sure, but that doesn't mean they aren't "true ASL signs." They are. They just happen to be initialized. Some people don't like initialized signs and brand them SEE signs, even if they didn't originate from SEE.

Thanks everyone. Thats what i was trying to say but i didnt quite explain it right.

The flash card shows breakfast, lunch and dinner the way Bott and others have said.
The "expensive" tutor provided these flash cards. When she was here though she taught the B,L,D bounce off your chin. I just looked and the B off the chin does mean bitch. I'm so glad I asked. I will send a message to my tutor now. Ask her to clarify before my next lesson. Thanks again

I hate to headache again crapper not sure odd stranger!!!

am thinking to leave this All Deaf.. i dont know.. *shrug*

convince me to stay if you can. honestly, its RARELY for me to check/nosy on AD...its fading away.

Thanks everyone. Thats what i was trying to say but i didnt quite explain it right.

The flash card shows breakfast, lunch and dinner the way Bott and others have said.
The "expensive" tutor provided these flash cards. When she was here though she taught the B,L,D bounce off your chin. I just looked and the B off the chin does mean bitch. I'm so glad I asked. I will send a message to my tutor now. Ask her to clarify before my next lesson. Thanks again

:giggle: ...hope you don't get "Bitch" & "Breakfast" mixed up....The way I sign "Bitch" is a "B" to the forehead.... and "Breakfast" to the chin....

Anyhoooo...what's for breakfast bitch? :giggle: j/k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back