What are you thinking about? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three more days until my best friend gets here. Apartment is now 95% packed. I just have .02% of my work clothes out and a few clothes for the road trip. It'll be a grand adventure.

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable.

Best of luck on your new chapter!

just watch micheal moore's Capitalism - A love story....

I've seen it. Probably his best movie ever. Watch The Corporation. That one will really scare the shit out of you. And for desert, Inside Job. You'll get a nice tingly feeling of outrage and apathy.

i think about go gym join member. i need personal trainer help me weight loss and perfect body.

Thinking how delicious this Key Lime Cake is tasting....Pepperidge Farms...

Thinking about how cold it is going to get tonight!! Brrrrr. Dipping down in the 20s tonight.

Three more days until my best friend gets here. Apartment is now 95% packed. I just have .02% of my work clothes out and a few clothes for the road trip. It'll be a grand adventure.

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable.

Good luck for you!!

Asl

Exceptable? That isn't a word. Do you mean are there exceptions from using one sign for one thing?

There are always multiple signs. There are subtle differences just as in any language.

Breakfast, lunch, dinner... Did you learn "eat morning" "eat midday" "eat night." ??

You probably should just stick with what your tutor teaches for the moment, rather that confuse yourself further.

Im sorry once again for using the wrong word. Its just a little confusing and I want to make sure I'm learning it right. I haven't met another deaf person to ask.
So thanks. I will just follow my tutor. The signs for breakfast, lunch and dinner were just tapping your chin with the letter B, L and D. I have seen 3 different signs for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Ok stupid question here: If i learn signs one way for these words will I know what others are signing to me? Will they know what I'm signing if its different. I have so many questions. Can you help me. If its too much trouble thats ok. I just really need to talk to someone who can understand what i need.

Im sorry once again for using the wrong word. Its just a little confusing and I want to make sure I'm learning it right. I haven't met another deaf person to ask.
So thanks. I will just follow my tutor. The signs for breakfast, lunch and dinner were just tapping your chin with the letter B, L and D. I have seen 3 different signs for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Ok stupid question here: If i learn signs one way for these words will I know what others are signing to me? Will they know what I'm signing if its different. I have so many questions. Can you help me. If its too much trouble thats ok. I just really need to talk to someone who can understand what i need.

Get a new tutor, or go take a real class.
You need to be confident and trust the information. People are going to understand you, especially if you are learning for communication in your own family. What are the credentials of your tutor?

Oh, and you didn't use the wrong word. You used a word that does not exist. I think you spell what you hear like phonics and it is very confusing.

Last edited:
Being from N.C., I noticed that some signs are different here in Florida...and I was misunderstood a lot....When in doubt, I usually just finger spell out the word. My signing has always been somewhat "jerky"...never could get into the smooth flow of it....

Confusing

You need to be confident and trust the information. People are going to understand you, especially if you are learning for communication in your own family. What are the credentials of your tutor?

Oh, and you didn't use the wrong word. You used a word that does not exist. I think you spell what you hear like phonics and it is very confusing.

I thought you could help me. Thats why I asked you those questions. Yes I typed a word that doesn't excist but I think people knew what i ment. Anyway thanks for the information. I can ask my questions to people on PM. Sorry if I bothered you. Have a good night.

Last edited by a moderator:

I thought you could help me. Thats why I asked you those questions. Yes I typed a word that doesn't excist but I think people knew what i ment. Anyway thanks for the information. I can ask my questions to people on PM. Sorry if I bothered you. Have a good night.

I tried to help you. At least this time you aren't calling me names.

Phonics are not my strong point , or of most deaf people. I read whole word.

That's how I learned.

It's small wonder hearing people annoy me.

I tried to help you. At least this time you aren't calling me names.

Phonics are not my strong point , or of most deaf people. I read whole word.

That's how I learned.
Exactly. I have mentioned that for many years I didn't get Robert Loius Steveson's play on Edward Hyde's name in his book Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde even though I could hear the similarities in pronunciation between Hyde and Hide in a different thread on this forum.

Exactly. I have mentioned that for many years I didn't get Robert Loius Steveson's play on Edward Hyde's name in his book Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde even though I could hear the similarities in pronunciation between Hyde and Hide in a different thread on this forum.

This isn't an isolated example for me.. I tend to miss other similarities in other words as well.

Thanks

Being from N.C., I noticed that some signs are different here in Florida...and I was misunderstood a lot....When in doubt, I usually just finger spell out the word. My signing has always been somewhat "jerky"...never could get into the smooth flow of it....

Thanks RR thats what i needed to kmow.
Bott i never call anyone a name. That day of my first post i was scared and reached out for help. Some thought i was asking a stupid question and got mad at me. I have learned my lesson. I have apologised many times. Hope I can still post questions even though they might seem stupid to some. I just want good imformation, thats all.

Thinking that despite the fact that it is my vacation, I better not stay up late. I have to get up early to take my son to school as he returns tmw. GRRR!

I didn't know that until you mentioned it the other day.

California her you come

I wish you well on your journey home. Its been beautiful here in Calif. We will be living so close to one another. Hope one day we can meet.

Good luck, be careful.
:angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back