Weight loss

*sigh* priobotics help regularity-help you poop. I didn't say it was a laxative, you inferred that. That article said yogurt can help with weight loss not that decreases belly fat-specifically.

You always "know" somebody or other, like that makes you some kind of expert by association. If you knew anything about weight loss you wouldn't be recommending prune and apple juice.....AND you know that the whole colon cleanse is just another load of cheap fad.

But go ahead and try to poop yourself skinny.

Personally I love priobotics for the anti bloat factor. I'm lactose intolerant and raw veggies bloat me right up. No problems since I started taking priobotics. Weigh the same though ;)

Ps, instead of drinking water to rehydrate after giving yourself diarrhea from drinking a bunch of juice, how about just drink water? Which, btw is a MORE common, and proven method of promoting weight loss. Drink half you body weight in ounces. Tada

P.s.s I'm not about to get real impressed with a pts "degree" in nutrition. Some might, but most won't. If they go the degree route nutrition might a been a part of their training, but they don't hold a degree in it. They're not generally nutritionists. Not that they can't be both, but again, it's not the norm. If a pt is just certified their training is even less extensive. You can get a certification to be cross fit trainer over a weekend, for example.

First of all, the people I know whom are the experts do not give me their knowledge via osmosis :giggle:

Secondly, some of them are actually family - Emily Joy Fitness

Thirdly, while some of my family members are military biomedical engineers (excluding Emily, she is just a body sculptor), it does not mean that I am one.

Emily did not get her certification over the weekend ....

But, maybe you are right ... maybe instead of cleaning the colon of all the junk food sticking to the walls of your intestines - you should just eat some cheez burgers and jog 10 miles. I see it as a wasted effort ..

I have treatment activity alots of problem. It is very problem too many treatment/ I have sparsm :( something it is happenes. something my body. surprised. activity treatment. I have loss 6 month it is pretty soon better surprised.

Jarvis You not been on forum for ages how it going with head aches

. . . But, maybe you are right ... maybe instead of cleaning the colon of all the junk food sticking to the walls of your intestines - you should just eat some cheez burgers and jog 10 miles. I see it as a wasted effort ..
I think there's a healthy range somewhere between colon cleansing and a "cheez" burger diet.

the thought of someone putting tube up backside not appealing, I stick with prunes

Looks like jimmi the OP has flown the coop.

i always though that probiotics is for anti bloat or diarreahea.

Any medicine or natural medicine dont help you to lose weight.. Stick with food what you are eating, and get a good habit of eating healthy food. Stay away from any medicine or natural medicine for a factor weight loss.

First of all, the people I know whom are the experts do not give me their knowledge via osmosis :giggle:

Secondly, some of them are actually family - Emily Joy Fitness

Thirdly, while some of my family members are military biomedical engineers (excluding Emily, she is just a body sculptor), it does not mean that I am one.

Emily did not get her certification over the weekend ....

But, maybe you are right ... maybe instead of cleaning the colon of all the junk food sticking to the walls of your intestines - you should just eat some cheez burgers and jog 10 miles. I see it as a wasted effort ..

Riiiiight because I said somewhere on here you should eat cheez burgers and jog 10 miles a day.

Oh wait, no, no I didn't. I said getting fit is 80% diet and 20% gym and that you can't out workout a bad diet. Elsewhere on this site I've said you should eat clean, and that the best way to avoid eating processed food is not eat anything that has a commercial. I've said fruit (btw this includes fruit juices) are high in fructose, a natural sugar so should be used as treats and desserts. I've also made recommendations for water intake guidelines. But you know, that's probably all the same as saying eat cheeeeeeze burgers and jog 10 miles.

There's good advice on this thread, just none of it came from you and the "experts" you "know".

Colon cleanses are a fad, and a load of crap. No pun inteaded. They can actually disrupt and damage your digestive system. http://www.med.nyu.edu/content?ChunkIID=13996

What about drinking apple cider mixed with water?

I'm thinking if one has a generally healthy diet and no specific digestive diseases, then the colon won't need "cleansing" in the first place.

I'm thinking if one has a generally healthy diet and no specific digestive diseases, then the colon won't need "cleansing" in the first place.

Exactly. Unless there's an actual bowel obstruction the digestive system works just fine....you just have to eat enough fiber. Actually you'd be better of eating an apple than drinking the juice.

Exactly. Unless there's an actual bowel obstruction the digestive system works just fine....you just have to eat enough fiber. Actually you'd be better of eating an apple than drinking the juice.
Funny you should mention the apple. I eat one almost every day (different varieties). Constipation is a potential problem for people with Parkinson's but I haven't had any trouble with that. I'm very regular--almost anal about being regular. :laugh2:

Just did my first ever P90x class. Wowzers!

Funny you should mention the apple. I eat one almost every day (different varieties). Constipation is a potential problem for people with Parkinson's but I haven't had any trouble with that. I'm very regular--almost anal about being regular. :laugh2:

lol thats a good pun

Any particular brand that you use or found that works the best?

Apples are good for diarrhea and is part of the BRAT diet which is for people that have diarrhea . The BRAT is banana ,rice applesauce and plan toast . I was told by a nurse when I was heath aide to give my client the BRAT diet b/c the woman had diarrhea.

If you are overweight (i.e. the OP alluded to this) then yes, the colon needs cleansing before attempting a workout regimen ... but that is only the advice from fitness experts that I have talked to ..

Back