Vp Sorenson :(:(:(

Dlink modem available only for cable Internet, not DSL, Westell mainly for DSL.

It is not necessarily Dlink the best, there are several excellent modem and routers out there. Just need to understand the basic of set up, once understand the basic of set up, you could practically set any brands and make it work.

My dlink modem I have at home works well with the DSL, but never mind - there is many modem/routers that can work. So my assumpations with Pinky's problem is correct, becuase I have experienced the same thing as DMZ is cauing the black screen ;)

Understood, but do not confuse between modem and routers Dlink actually makes both, need to be careful which one. :)

As for Dlink routers can be use with any modems even DSL, however one router is all needed. The more routers the more complicate it gets. Westell has built in router. Whenever you see "Gateway modem" It means it has router built in, and adding another router is possible but more headache because it has to be set properly otherwise potential problem will arise. Cable modem usually don't have built in router, that is why need to have router if need to share single public IP address to multiple equipment. But I am seeing more cable modems have built in gateway nowadays.

Hope this clears the confusion.

DHB
My dlink modem I have at home works well with the DSL, but never mind - there is many modem/routers that can work. So my assumpations with Pinky's problem is correct, becuase I have experienced the same thing as DMZ is cauing the black screen ;)

Yes, yes -- sorry about my messy writing.

I have a modem with in built router too. That explains and it is more easier to have in one than having wierd boxes next to the computer... like in the past. >.<

Understood, but do not confuse between modem and routers Dlink actually makes both, need to be careful which one. :)

As for Dlink routers can be use with any modems even DSL, however one router is all needed. The more routers the more complicate it gets. Westell has built in router. Whenever you see "Gateway modem" It means it has router built in, and adding another router is possible but more headache because it has to be set properly otherwise potential problem will arise. Cable modem usually don't have built in router, that is why need to have router if need to share single public IP address to multiple equipment. But I am seeing more cable modems have built in gateway nowadays.

DHB

Hi. I have double D-link router, Airport Express router, Wentell 6100 DSL verizon. I don't have a Comcast Cable. I am using directv for TV. The Tech Support did explain to me about ip address through Firefox Moiliza. I did type a http wth ip address then login like Admin and password. I found Wentell is very difference from TS's sent me with picture of firewall. I tried to click on firewall. It's not show up. I gave it up. I will have trainer come over here on Monday. I will figure it out what's wrong with my VP's black video. I tried to call through VRS. But the ip address is messed up. I can't make a call through vrs relay to talk with my mom. :( I am using a TTY to call on relay. Yuck! Argh!

DHB

Oh you got three routers, it is like having three steering wheels in a car with three drivers in same car, how could the car travel? You know the answer.

That explain why system is so confused what you want them to run.

I dont see why need three routers, for what? it would not do you much good. cut down the routers. Anyway, since trainer is expecting to show up. he or she will help you.

Hi. I have double D-link router, Airport Express router, Wentell 6100 DSL verizon. I don't have a Comcast Cable. I am using directv for TV. The Tech Support did explain to me about ip address through Firefox Moiliza. I did type a http wth ip address then login like Admin and password. I found Wentell is very difference from TS's sent me with picture of firewall. I tried to click on firewall. It's not show up. I gave it up. I will have trainer come over here on Monday. I will figure it out what's wrong with my VP's black video. I tried to call through VRS. But the ip address is messed up. I can't make a call through vrs relay to talk with my mom. :( I am using a TTY to call on relay. Yuck! Argh!

if failure, you contact tech support in your support ticket number again. They sent service call to some installer for fixing it.

if failure, you contact tech support in your support ticket number again. They sent service call to some installer for fixing it.

The trainer from Sorenson will come over to my apt on Monday. I already got my purple number. :) They will take care of it. I can't call on TS through vp because of black video. The ip address is messed up. I can email them. I gave it up call to TS through vp and email. I told them I want someone to come over my apt. But someone will come on Monday. I hope my vp is repair. I will tell him about purple hovrs.

Oh you got three routers, it is like having three steering wheels in a car with three drivers in same car, how could the car travel? You know the answer.

That explain why system is so confused what you want them to run.

I dont see why need three routers, for what? it would not do you much good. cut down the routers. Anyway, since trainer is expecting to show up. he or she will help you.

It was not my idea. It was satalite man come to my past last 2 years ago. He put a double D link router together. I tried to remove one router from TS offered me. My husband won't let me remove the router. He didn't believe what TS said. I am tired of dealing with my husband and TS between.

I didn't tell my husband about trainer will come over on Monday because my husband will be gone out of town. He won't let me have trainer come over. But I ignore him. I am tired of problem with my vp over black video. He know nothing! He think he know it all about network, ip address and etc. Blah Blah. I need to stop be stress and frustrate. I really need to use vp. It's very important to me.

It was not my idea. It was satalite man come to my past last 2 years ago. He put a double D link router together. I tried to remove one router from TS offered me. My husband won't let me remove the router. He didn't believe what TS said. I am tired of dealing with my husband and TS between.

I didn't tell my husband about trainer will come over on Monday because my husband will be gone out of town. He won't let me have trainer come over. But I ignore him. I am tired of problem with my vp over black video. He know nothing! He think he know it all about network, ip address and etc. Blah Blah. I need to stop be stress and frustrate. I really need to use vp. It's very important to me.

Wow. Pain in ass for do that. I hate to tell you that. I believe most TS don't know how to use Airport Express because it won't work to use firefox or IE or etc.. like (192.168.1.1) to access router. Only airport utility can access. I don't understand why your husband don't fixed the network like get rid double D-link router and make ONE router for everything. It's pretty easy to do the job. You don't need satellite anymore since you have comcast cable for internet now. DirecTV is for tv only, not internet.

Don't worry. I am sure TS can rebuild the network with D-Link router for you.

I think that it would be a good idea if we buy a high speed switch device that has 8 ports or more because someday, we will have more video phones and other devices in our home. It's because many companies discontinued selling their switchers that has 4-ports. Be careful, no one is buying your old switcher. It is the same thing on eBay that no one is buying it. Your old switch device will end up at the dump.

I think that it would be a good idea if we buy a high speed switch device that has 8 ports or more because someday, we will have more video phones and other devices in our home. It's because many companies discontinued selling their switchers that has 4-ports. Be careful, no one is buying your old switcher. It is the same thing on eBay that no one is buying it. Your old switch device will end up at the dump.

Not at dump... drop it off at Best Buy customer service. They will recycle for you.

They also have trade in for all working device that may have value. So give Best Buy a try.

Not really. Most small business still need small switch for each rooms due they have single port wall for ethernet and want to add more ports for network copiers, printers, and another computers. My company still buy 4-ports switchs for many customers.

highlander - I assume you are one of the tech support for VRS comapnies?

I have been thinking about purchasing a switch that has 8 ports or 16 ports because I need a few plugs on the surge box.

I checked on BestBuy, and it does not trade for a router or switcher. I'll go to the store to see if they would accept my two switchers, and they work perfect. The D-Link Company discontinued some switchers (i.e. DI-604 and DSS-5+) that I bought last year. I am upset about it.

I wanted them to continue! But when I move to a new house, I will get a 8 switch port so I can connect my endless VP's

I know about routers and switches. I had worked for Sorenson in three years.

If you have lots of different videophones in your household, your high speed internet should be increased over 512 kbp or more and more monthly charge.

VP charges the electricity very little so, so what?

Back