Vp Sorenson :(:(:(

LoL. You guys want to know what is wrong with my vp. Let me explain to you. When I got first vp in Oct 2006. I had no problem until in end of June 2007. My husband bought a new macbook. In July 2007, He started to change the rounter and ip address cause messed up my VP. I was suspect with black video. The tech support thought it was westell dsl. I told my husband what's wrong with my VP? I was very frustrate with black video and not show up the incoming. The tech support told me to remove the top of router from double. My husband didn't believe tech support said. He called tech support bullshit. My husband and tech support drove me crazy. I was tired of it. He didn't want me to call to tech support to let trainer come over. He want to do it himself. I told him. He know nothing about vp's situation. He did contact to tech support. They had no idea what we were talk about. I gave it up. I contacted to Tech Support for trainer to come over last Aug 11. The trainer was asshole to my husband. He tried to explain to trainer about ip address, NAT, Ports, Switch. But trainer ignore him. My husband didn't appreciate with him for rude. The trainer think he know it all about sorenson. I found it out he never attend to college for computer programmer. He said he know about network a little bit not at all. My husband said he is a computer engineer. He was frustrate with trainer for not respect to him. He walked away from him. The trainer talked with tech support through AIM then set the ip address on my network. It was finally work. After he left. When I use vp to someone for long times. It cause my husband's macbook and computer get disconnect itself. He got mad. I reported to Sorenson's boss to get other advance trainer to come over. The last trainer came to my apt. He did check it out and test on my vp while my husband is on the computer. Trainer was waiting for disconnect itself. It's nothing happen. He said my husband was complain about disconnect itself. He thought vp got his macbook disconnect. The trainer said everything are fine. He did contact to tech support for report. My husband did apology to me. Trainer told him that comcast is the best than westell verizon. My husband realized. We are plan to get rid of Verizon Westell DSL change to Comcast cable soon. He said don't like use switch port cause virus and steal the information. I am not good at switch port. I don't know about network. Just a little bit.

Please don't judge on my husband. He did realize for make mistake what he did to change the ip address cause my vp messed up. He didn't know that. I told him need to report on tech support when he is transfer to other ip address instead without I know. I was upset and start to argue with him over VP issue. I told him I need to use the VP not dumb TTY.

I am happy that VP is working! Whew! I am so relieve!

Great!. Did you contacted my former sorenson manager that order some installer to come back? I hope that VP would be working so long. You check email message from my HOVRS outreach representative.

LoL. You guys want to know what is wrong with my vp. Let me explain to you. When I got first vp in Oct 2006. I had no problem until in end of June 2007. My husband bought a new macbook. In July 2007, He started to change the rounter and ip address cause messed up my VP. I was suspect with black video. The tech support thought it was westell dsl. I told my husband what's wrong with my VP? I was very frustrate with black video and not show up the incoming. The tech support told me to remove the top of router from double. My husband didn't believe tech support said. He called tech support bullshit. My husband and tech support drove me crazy. I was tired of it. He didn't want me to call to tech support to let trainer come over. He want to do it himself. I told him. He know nothing about vp's situation. He did contact to tech support. They had no idea what we were talk about. I gave it up. I contacted to Tech Support for trainer to come over last Aug 11. The trainer was asshole to my husband. He tried to explain to trainer about ip address, NAT, Ports, Switch. But trainer ignore him. My husband didn't appreciate with him for rude. The trainer think he know it all about sorenson. I found it out he never attend to college for computer programmer. He said he know about network a little bit not at all. My husband said he is a computer engineer. He was frustrate with trainer for not respect to him. He walked away from him. The trainer talked with tech support through AIM then set the ip address on my network. It was finally work. After he left. When I use vp to someone for long times. It cause my husband's macbook and computer get disconnect itself. He got mad. I reported to Sorenson's boss to get other advance trainer to come over. The last trainer came to my apt. He did check it out and test on my vp while my husband is on the computer. Trainer was waiting for disconnect itself. It's nothing happen. He said my husband was complain about disconnect itself. He thought vp got his macbook disconnect. The trainer said everything are fine. He did contact to tech support for report. My husband did apology to me. Trainer told him that comcast is the best than westell verizon. My husband realized. We are plan to get rid of Verizon Westell DSL change to Comcast cable soon. He said don't like use switch port cause virus and steal the information. I am not good at switch port. I don't know about network. Just a little bit.

Please don't judge on my husband. He did realize for make mistake what he did to change the ip address cause my vp messed up. He didn't know that. I told him need to report on tech support when he is transfer to other ip address instead without I know. I was upset and start to argue with him over VP issue. I told him I need to use the VP not dumb TTY.

I am happy that VP is working! Whew! I am so relieve!

Remember computer programmer and IT are not same.

Computer programmer is for skill software only and IT is for skill hardware and some software.

Example: Pilot know how to fly but don't know how to fix the airplane. Airplane engineer know how to fix but dont know how to fly the airplane.

Make sense?

Remind me around 4 years ago my good friend who grad from RIT as computer programmer but he can't figure it out what's wrong with his computer hardware so I knew what's problem and I explained at him for troubleshooting and I solved his problem. Can you image he take RIT college for 4 years and he got BA for computer and I take some college but no degree and I got hired as IT.

That's why most jobs want people with experience over degree like me.

You know switch network for home person do nothing with virus and hacker. It just dummy port. If you worry about virus and hacker then you should get the router or VPN device for security.

Great!. Did you contacted my former sorenson manager that order some installer to come back? I hope that VP would be working so long. You check email message from my HOVRS outreach representative.

yeah. I did. Thank you so much! I haven't get email from hovrs outreach yet. I am waiting for her or him.

Remember computer programmer and IT are not same.

Computer programmer is for skill software only and IT is for skill hardware and some software.

Example: Pilot know how to fly but don't know how to fix the airplane. Airplane engineer know how to fix but dont know how to fly the airplane.

Make sense?

Remind me around 4 years ago my good friend who grad from RIT as computer programmer but he can't figure it out what's wrong with his computer hardware so I knew what's problem and I explained at him for troubleshooting and I solved his problem. Can you image he take RIT college for 4 years and he got BA for computer and I take some college but no degree and I got hired as IT.

That's why most jobs want people with experience over degree like me.

You know switch network for home person do nothing with virus and hacker. It just dummy port. If you worry about virus and hacker then you should get the router or VPN device for security.

Yeah I understand. It's making sense. I am not worry about ports. It's my husband's worrying about ports. I will figure about VPN Device for Security. Thank you for advice.

deafclimber - Thanks for the Q & A for the STB (and STD). It is quite funny that you misspelled it. That's okay.

Pinky - I missed the fun. We wanted to see everything on your VP that you didn't even know what was going on, and now it is locked. Kind of disappointed. Oops never mind! Glad that your VP is fixed. I was thinking that the tech might have forgotten to correct your username or a password because it happened once on my VP last year or two. It took him 25 minutes to struggle and discovered the simple problem. Your husband must be so secretive for his information on his own network. I think that a router is the solution. I am not familiar with the VPN.

Pinky - I missed the fun. We wanted to see everything on your VP that you didn't even know what was going on, and now it is locked. Kind of disappointed. Oops never mind! Glad that your VP is fixed. I was thinking that the tech might have forgotten to correct your username or a password because it happened once on my VP last year or two. It took him 25 minutes to struggle and discovered the simple problem. Your husband must be so secretive for his information on his own network. I think that a router is the solution. I am not familiar with the VPN.

Yeah. He is very secretive person. We are fine and problem the solved. He wasn't happy that I called to Tech Support for Trainer to come over. At first Trainer was rude to my husband. Then second trainer is very nice to him. I am glad it's all over with it. My husband is a computer programmer and engineer. He is student at college now.

At the least, all issues and other situation is out of the clouds, my friends.

it is your fault, you brought the rain, webexplorer! :laugh2:

I called Pinky for working for my HOVRS business in few hours ago. She looked happy for working to use VP when second trainer fixed it. :D

Wouldn't it be nice if there was just ONE VP and we could choose the VRS like channels on a TV ... sigh.. think of all that money and hassles and counterspace and wires saved.

smile

Sigh.... You know, it's fact to tell you that sad to know that VP-200 is man made and always not perfection. We should be glad that device and service are free as charge. Indeed the sorenson still working on to fix issue such bug and delay service. Since I only know this device is least best than another device so far...... I hope someday there new device can do better than this to make sorenson get in competition.

Back