Vp Sorenson :(:(:(

Does it work if you have two different video phones with same IP in one house? i.e. VP-200 and Ojo or other brands. I mean just one person to call or answer the video phone call.

Does it work if you have two different video phones with same IP in one house? i.e. VP-200 and Ojo or other brands. I mean just one person to call or answer the video phone call.

yes one public ip address only in one modem. I have three different VPs - VP-200, VPAD and OJO. but never use OJO now. someone almost call me in VP200 at all. I will wait to get another vp like MVP soon. if you want two different public IP addresses, you may charge extra ip address or two modems for two different ip addresses. too costly.

yes one public ip address only in one modem. I have three different VPs - VP-200, VPAD and OJO. but never use OJO now. someone almost call me in VP200 at all. I will wait to get another vp like MVP soon. if you want two different public IP addresses, you may charge extra ip address or two modems for two different ip addresses. too costly.

Yeah -- such if a VPAD user calls you with the VSN while you are chatting with someone on VP- 200, but you need high speed internet to make it both smooth.

I have a problem with my video phone VP-200. It does not work properly. For example, someone "rang" my video phone and the strobe lights and sound rang for one second, only once, when that person really rang about four times. It is supposed to continue for several rings and flashing lights until the person "hangs up the VP."

I disconnected my new D-Link DGS-2208 and now it is back to normal function. I do not want it to be disconnected because I want to use one switch which will allow me to use both my printer and my second video phone.

I hope that you can suggest something that will solve the problem.

This is a diagram of the switch.

wirednetwork.jpg

aha! did you hook up the router to uplink port of lan switch? my setup is much larger with 3 switch boxes no problem sharing ojo,vp200,4 desktop pc and 2 wireless laptops plus playstation 2 and 3 and gamecube not to mention sony psp

I have a problem with my video phone VP-200. It does not work properly. For example, someone "rang" my video phone and the strobe lights and sound rang for one second, only once, when that person really rang about four times. It is supposed to continue for several rings and flashing lights until the person "hangs up the VP."

I disconnected my new D-Link DGS-2208 and now it is back to normal function. I do not want it to be disconnected because I want to use one switch which will allow me to use both my printer and my second video phone.

I hope that you can suggest something that will solve the problem.

This is a diagram of the switch.

wirednetwork.jpg

You could change the Ojo move to Link 2 while the SVP200 on Link 1, it's would auto "Hunt" which the IP or phone nbr enter which to be detecting a 2 VPs for example Hovrs or your buddies called in on VP200 and Ojo number called in on Ojo.

Here my Dlink EBR 2310 before MVP comes in,

Cable modem goes into EBR 2310 router box.
SVP 200 on Link 1
Sony Lappy (Linux) on Link 2
Black bulky original xbox on Link 3

So when I get the MVP comes in, then I will add the AP Wireless adapter.

Cable modem goes into EBR 2310 router box
SVP 200 on Link 1 (.125)
AP Wireless on Link 2 for MVP (use .124 for 2nd VP or direction on book if number lower than high then move to other Link slot).
Sony Lappy on Link 3 (auto detecting).
Black bulky oringinal xbox on Link 4 (auto detecting).

It's much easier "hunt" from top .125 down to .100 just like old BBS multi-line system used the phone hunting system from top to bottom between from the main phone nbr.

Webexplorer, Which one is DHCP or Static IP address for your OJO??

Webexplorer, Which one is DHCP or Static IP address for your OJO??

My computer uses a DHCP for the cable modem. I was told that my Ojo works only with someone who has Ojo by using the IP number, not a telephone number. Then, I guess that it's Static IP address.

You could change the Ojo move to Link 2 while the SVP200 on Link 1, it's would auto "Hunt" which the IP or phone nbr enter which to be detecting a 2 VPs for example Hovrs or your buddies called in on VP200 and Ojo number called in on Ojo.

Here my Dlink EBR 2310 before MVP comes in,

Cable modem goes into EBR 2310 router box.
SVP 200 on Link 1
Sony Lappy (Linux) on Link 2
Black bulky original xbox on Link 3

So when I get the MVP comes in, then I will add the AP Wireless adapter.

Cable modem goes into EBR 2310 router box
SVP 200 on Link 1 (.125)
AP Wireless on Link 2 for MVP (use .124 for 2nd VP or direction on book if number lower than high then move to other Link slot).
Sony Lappy on Link 3 (auto detecting).
Black bulky oringinal xbox on Link 4 (auto detecting).

It's much easier "hunt" from top .125 down to .100 just like old BBS multi-line system used the phone hunting system from top to bottom between from the main phone nbr.

I will try it. I called someone, and they are not home. I felt that today is Friday, but it's really Tuesday.

aha! did you hook up the router to uplink port of lan switch? my setup is much larger with 3 switch boxes no problem sharing ojo,vp200,4 desktop pc and 2 wireless laptops plus playstation 2 and 3 and gamecube not to mention sony psp

You mean that my Switch's first port, for an ethernet wire, should connect to the first port on the router?

check your switch 's manual or info but some switch have port labeled as uplink usually last port mine is on linksys 5 port is on last port

oh that DGS-2208 is not a hub right? ok try turn off the dchp on DGS-2208 , the router will assign dchp ip to that DGS-2208 same thing i did with belkin wireless router connected to sorenson router it works again the ehrernet hub is good for expanding ports

Back