Toddler's Temper Ousts Family From Plane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eve said:
It’s true, I have heard rumor of such children existing. Unfortunately, mine weren’t that way. BUT, my children never behaved on a plane like that without having an abrupt end put to their tantrum. I will go out of my way to ensure that my children are never an imposition on others.

Rumors and facts are two different things, I don't believe in rumors, I believe in facts. You can stand by rumors all you want, if that helps you live your life.

err.. can I say eve ?

Hey you...

When you buy expensive airplane and already got ticket..
and your child went out of control inside the airplane and will you remove your child away and cancel everything.... straight way return home..
You will upset because of cost is lose money.. nothing you cannot refund.. you know that.
Is that worth for your ruined vacation?
Are you willing do that and dare do it ?
I'll be around and hear anything from you and about your vacation again... you'll be in embrassing section anytime!

*click watch you mode on*

Having had to endure screaming children for eight hours on an airplane directly behind my seat I very enthusiastically applaud the airline's decision to boot the family from the plane. I only wish they didn't offer them tickets afterwards.

Just because a family has unruly children doesn't mean the other passengers on the plane don't matter.

Who said anything about judging the toddler? I’m blaming the PARENTS!

No you judge the parent´s form of discipline.

Fine, but no one else deserves to be subjected to their tantrums. They aren’t the one’s who spread their legs and brought those kids into the world, that is YOUR responsibility.

*shake my head* If anyone who have no patience with their children but use harsh punishment as quick and easiy then is not right for them to be parents.

BRILLIANT IDEA!

This is not brilliant idea and best solution... :roll:

I took my kids to Disneyland via ROADTRIP. That way, no one other than my own family had to be subjected to my kids unruly behavior. That is just common courtesy and respect for others.

This is your own decision what you beleive is the best solution but I see different as you. I I have no problem to respect everyone when we are on the plane, train or bus if we don´t take car. I find sad that the people have no patience to deal with crying kids...

No, the reason the girl didn’t sit on her on her mother’s lap is because she is too old and it is against airline regulations.

What´s wrong with infant belt or toddler seat? :roll: Its not against airline regulations.

No, he is expecting that those who have unruly children who are incapable of behaving, don’t bring the children for pleasure journeys if it will be an imposition on others.

I don´t punish my children for their behavior but use my discipline what/why they did wrong... I still take them to pleasure journeys...

My response to another member was simply one where it mentioned: 'journeys'...therefore, not specifying the method of transportation...meanwhile...I'm aware that a roadtrip is one way to go, but surely might not be always a good thing when such a trip is a very long one whether it's common courtesy or not.

~RR

Very true... My experience as long roadtrip with my family... We often stop for our break and get a walk or movement.

There's nothing wrong with taking advices from children's pediatricians. Why do you think most parents read 'parents magazines' too, they read and find advices how to HELP your own child, What to EXPECT when having a baby, etc.

Exactly, what we parents for. This is our job as parents to help our children´s development into right way, not harsh punishment etc... because they are temper, crying, etc.

That's your best solution? Yet, you don't even have kids of your own, It's best to walk the miles in a parent shoe to experience the role of being a parent.

Again, You don't have kids, What do you know what's it is like to be a parent? Toddlers always throw temper tantrums when they are unable to express themselves, that's why all the outbursts and frustrations, they get. Like I said, You gonna walk the miles in their shoes to understand their emotions.

Agreed

Sure I don't have kids, but even if I had kids, I wouldn't subject them to long travel and subject my fellow passengers on my kids.

Ok, this is your opinion.

That is your answer? I have travelled with my best friend's kids and know what it is like. thank god, they were well behaved and trained for travelling.

Sure, they (kids) know how to be well behaved and trained for travelling but toddlers?

Toddlers are well behaved? hmmm ....:ugh3:

Yes I second that. Don´t they know what "terrible 2" is? All toddlers have it... I survived on my both children when they were toddler. They are temper and crying when they feel tired and wore out... or just wake up after afternoon sleep...

Hon,

It's the airline policy that everyone inculding their children are required to sit in their seats when the plane take off and land...The child can sit in their parent's lap once the airplane is up in the sky .....We have to follow rules that just the way it is .... I'm sorry

I did mentioned in my previous post if anyone who have over 2 years old who wants mother´s or father´s lap then use infant belt... What wrong with that infant belt? It can fix toddler on to parent´s belt... Every flights aware that they must have infant belts when the parents have the problem to calm toddlers down. I beleive that FAA regulations are for it.

Of course I talked to my American co-workers... They laugh and hard to beleive when I show the link of this thread. They said the same... What´s wrong with that infant belt then?

If the toddler is under the age of 2 then they are allowed to sit on their parents lap but if they're above the age of 2, they are required to be in a seat....

Most airlines has this policy for safety reasons....

Use infant belt for over 2 years old.

I agree. The airline did the right thing. Although some toddlers/babies cry on the plane, not every wants to enjoy it.

The same thing happens in the transit industry. One driver refused service to a passenger when her todler was screaming at the top of her lungs. This was after the driver asked the mom to make the baby stop crying and the mon said she was doing the "Furber" method and told the driver not to tell her how to raise her kid and then told the driver to f-off. All the bus operator did was ask her to quiet the baby. But since the passenger was rude, he refused service. She called the agency, but they sided with the operator.

ALL emotions put aside, from a purely PR and business point of view, the decision to remove these people and their child was the correct one.

SOME toddlers are well-behaved. Not all of them, dependin' on the parents who trained their toddlers to behave. Some parents don't train their toddlers to behave well. It's why there's a parentin' class to help the parents how to raise their child.

It´s hard to beleive that some toddlers are well behaved... Every toddlers like that is normal... We parents trained them into well behaved for years until they are familiar to understand what wrong or right when they are out of toddlers... Depend on difference ages.. I would say over 3 to 4 years old... they understand how to behave. During my year experiences, I never see toddlers (under to 3 years old) are well behaved.

I did mentioned in my previous post if anyone who have over 2 years old who wants mother´s or father´s lap then use infant belt... What wrong with that infant belt? It can fix toddler on to parent´s belt... Every flights aware that they must have infant belts when the parents have the problem to calm toddlers down. I beleive that FAA regulations are for it.

Of course I talked to my American co-workers... They laugh and hard to beleive when I show the link of this thread. They said the same... What´s wrong with that infant belt then?

I understand where you're coming from on this Liebling, but I didn't make those rules the airline did, have to take your complaints up to them not me...I have nothing to do with the policy sorry....

Yes I second that. Don´t they know what "terrible 2" is? All toddlers have it... I survived on my both children when they were toddler. They are temper and crying when they feel tired and wore out... or just wake up after afternoon sleep...

:nods: me 2....

hmm wow I read this story .. wonder wish that in flight have coloring book and crayon (sp) to sit on the seat and belt on while to coloring when it is take off on the flight??

I never been on flight before :)

Yes I have seen EVERY planes who have coloring book and crayon,... My both boys received this from them... I really have no problem with every flights, we travel to... I often see crying toddlers ... The stewardness find good way to solve them... etc.. until they are calm down... They have infant belt for toddlers ... Why can´t they do inant belt on 3 years old girl to mother or father´s belt.

I understand where you're coming from on this Liebling, but I didn't make those rules the airline did, have to take your complaints up to them not me...I have nothing to do with the policy sorry....

Yes I have no problem to understand airlines´s rules but I am sure they do have infant belts... It do not against law... My American co-workers often do that with their toddlers to use infant belt... It do not against airline law for toddler´s safety.

No but I don't spank my child in public because I'll be arrest for child abuse... This isn't 1980s anymore....

Yup but some parent did spanked their child on public area, such as happen at Wal-Mart but their child went out of control and run around store but can't stopped it.

I hate to see any parent who spanked their child on public area and would embarrassed on us. :pissed:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back