Toddler's Temper Ousts Family From Plane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it is a matter of respect for others. If you can’t make your child behave, then don’t subject others to their tantrums. And if you must go on a trip, go by car. And if that is not feasible, simply DON’T GO!

If you can´t deal/don´t have good patience with tantrums then not right for you to be parents in first place.

Maybe that child was 2 or under.

Maybe over 2 years old... ?

Right, what Angel said.

I already remind her about infant belt.

It’s true, I have heard rumor of such children existing. Unfortunately, mine weren’t that way. BUT, my children never behaved on a plane like that without having an abrupt end put to their tantrum. I will go out of my way to ensure that my children are never an imposition on others.

I´m surprised that you take the rumors seriously then take facts... :eek3:

For your information, My children are on the plane a lot with no problem/complication... because we have caring and understanding stewardness around... until your thread here is my FIRST TIME in my life... I am total blaff!!!!!! :jaw:

Let's not forget Eve, their tantrums do not go on for a long period of time, they get over it eventually in a short period of time. What do you say about a baby crying on a plane?, I've seen that happened before and yet, I don't see the airline assistant booting that party off the plane.

me either :roll:

All what I seen here is FIRST TIME in my life... It´s not just me but my Americans, Germans co-workers, friends, my boys and hubby are :jaw: on this thread about kick the parents out of flight.

Yup but some parent did spanked their child on public area, such as happen at Wal-Mart but their child went out of control and run around store but can't stopped it.

I hate to see any parent who spanked their child on public area and would embarrassed on us. :pissed:

Yeah I've seen it too...

A couple years ago, I was shopping at Target, I saw a small child ( looks like he was 2-3 years old ) in the cart , he kept whining about wanting something off the toy shelf, the mother was getting soo frustrated with him, so she slapped him right across the face, and oh the child was screaming and crying, the customers around me were staring at her, I stood there speechless, cause I couldn't believe the mother slapped him soo hard in the face, then the child didn't stop crying, so the mother slapped him once more again, I felt so sick in my stomach and wanted to walk over there and beat the crap out of the mother for doing that, but I couldn't, I didn't want to get arrest, so I pretend I wasn't watching, saw the mother yelling at her son, I suppose she was telling him to stop crying, but he didn't....so I saw her lifting her arm up again, so I ran over there and grab her arm and told her " If you hit that child again, I'll call the police " She looked at me and start yelling, I didn't have a clue what she said, all she was doing was spitting crap all over my face" I never left I stood there and agrue with her, until the store manager arrived and I told him what had happened and then I looked at the mother and I told her " If I ever see you hit your son again, May God help me " then I left the store, I dunno what happened afterwards....If I ever seen a parents doing that to a child, I will end it, I don't put up with that BS! To me it wasn't discipling it was CHILD ABUSE!!!!

Thank you very much for provide this link here.. .I appreicate this very much... I will forward this link to other forum.

That´s what I thought so after read those link because those law is the same as here in Germany as well.

Yes I aware about child´s weight to use infant belt or child seat on the every flight where I saw.

I would suggest the parents who want to take which flight then read flight´s description and question Travel Agency about child´s safety... I often do that accord the interest of my children.

Some?? I haven't seen at least one well-behave toddler not one. how come there's books, magazines, articles about all toddlers throws temper tantrums, and more, why do they call age of 2, terrible 2's? I believe there are some that don't throw temper tantrums too often while others who go through it everyday. It depends on their frustrations. It has nothing to do with how parent's parenting.

Forgot to add: I know what I'm talking about because I used to work at the Daycare twice, and I worked with toddlers and infants. ;)

I am not talkin' about 2 years old toddlers. The article is talkin' about THREE years old toddler. I know about the age of 2 that is called " terrible 2 ". Why we have a parentin' class out there ? That's if, some parents DON'T know how or what to do with their child, if their child has a problem with somethin' and the parents can go to that class to ask some questions. Well to do families can afford to hire someone to train their toddlers how to behave well. I've seen one cute little boy who is only 3 or 4 years old and he behaved well. I am not kiddin' you. That little boy is one of my pastor's son. His son don't throw tantrums like I read about Elly. It's why I said NOT all of them are well behaved. Not many of them. It's just happened that I've seen that little boy who don't throw tantrums like Elly.

Yeah I've seen it too...

A couple years ago, I was shopping at Target, I saw a small child ( looks like he was 2-3 years old ) in the cart , he kept whining about wanting something off the toy shelf, the mother was getting soo frustrated with him, so she slapped him right across the face, and oh the child was screaming and crying, the customers around me were staring at her, I stood there speechless, cause I couldn't believe the mother slapped him soo hard in the face, then the child didn't stop crying, so the mother slapped him once more again, I felt so sick in my stomach and wanted to walk over there and beat the crap out of the mother for doing that, but I couldn't, I didn't want to get arrest, so I pretend I wasn't watching, saw the mother yelling at her son, I suppose she was telling him to stop crying, but he didn't....so I saw her lifting her arm up again, so I ran over there and grab her arm and told her " If you hit that child again, I'll call the police " She looked at me and start yelling, I didn't have a clue what she said, all she was doing was spitting crap all over my face" I never left I stood there and agrue with her, until the store manager arrived and I told him what had happened and then I looked at the mother and I told her " If I ever see you hit your son again, May God help me " then I left the store, I dunno what happened afterwards....If I ever seen a parents doing that to a child, I will end it, I don't put up with that BS! To me it wasn't discipling it was CHILD ABUSE!!!!

Oh my God... I am glad that I am not withness where you withnessed them... It sicken in my stomach and will get me bad nightmare... I would confront her if I see what she did to her toddler because it´s CHILD ABUSE. That abusive mother should not become parent in first place. She has no patience to deal with temper/crying children. I don´t understand why she want to become mother in first place?

I only judge parents for abuse their children, not form of their discipline because form of discipline is their business, not mine. What each parents did with form of discipline to raise their children differently but what that mother did is not belong form of discpline but child abuse.

this is a really highly debatable converstation and i want to say putting my 2 cents in, my neice and nephew were only 3 and 5 when they travelled to hawaii with us 5 yrs ago, and they never misbehaved, only one my older nephew was misbehaving cuz he was upset he left a game he wanted to play at home and i told him i left my pager at the hotel so please stop whining and to play the other games cuz the games will be there when we get home he relize i was right and was fine the rest of the trip. however not ALWAYS when this happens, kids will have thier moods and no matter the age, the understanding is, the stewardess should have been more helpful find distractions and this will quiet the kid down find something he or she likes and zone in on that that ll quiet the kid down.

I think there is a simple solution to this problem. When families enter the airplane then put seatbelt on and prepare for takeoff and then once in the air, There should be a cabin that is empty to the floor with just a carpet then the kids can play with their favorite toys and all around the walls in the room of the cabin, The mothers can talk while they watch their kids play with toys or drawing etc. A couple stewardesses can keep an eye on the situation in the cabin just made for the kids and their mothers. I think that would really help alots.

I think there is a simple solution to this problem. When families enter the airplane then put seatbelt on and prepare for takeoff and then once in the air,

Very, very, very simple solution is put infant belt or toddler seat on ....

There should be a cabin that is empty to the floor with just a carpet then the kids can play with their favorite toys and all around the walls in the room of the cabin, The mothers can talk while they watch their kids play with toys or drawing etc. A couple stewardesses can keep an eye on the situation in the cabin just made for the kids and their mothers. I think that would really help alots.

Due my experiences, when we were on the plane in the sky. Children including my sons make movement sometimes and draw on color book with crayon, play gameboy, reading and chat with us... and chat with stewardnesses, other children... and stewardnesses let 2 of children to go in to watch what/how pilot fly drive... for few minutes then next children then next children... It make children well behaved more and more only if you give them free bit more for their movement but make sure ... as long as it´s okay with Stewardness, pilots and passengars. Children knows how to respect but for toddlers, we parents need to watch their movement... it´s parental´s responsiblitly...

however not ALWAYS when this happens, kids will have thier moods and no matter the age, the understanding is, the stewardess should have been more helpful find distractions and this will quiet the kid down find something he or she likes and zone in on that that ll quiet the kid down.

Yes, I´m with you on this.

this is a really highly debatable converstation and i want to say putting my 2 cents in, my neice and nephew were only 3 and 5 when they travelled to hawaii with us 5 yrs ago, and they never misbehaved, only one my older nephew was misbehaving cuz he was upset he left a game he wanted to play at home and i told him i left my pager at the hotel so please stop whining and to play the other games cuz the games will be there when we get home he relize i was right and was fine the rest of the trip. however not ALWAYS when this happens, kids will have thier moods and no matter the age, the understanding is, the stewardess should have been more helpful find distractions and this will quiet the kid down find something he or she likes and zone in on that that ll quiet the kid down.

Right, I agree !

I think there is a simple solution to this problem. When families enter the airplane then put seatbelt on and prepare for takeoff and then once in the air, There should be a cabin that is empty to the floor with just a carpet then the kids can play with their favorite toys and all around the walls in the room of the cabin, The mothers can talk while they watch their kids play with toys or drawing etc. A couple stewardesses can keep an eye on the situation in the cabin just made for the kids and their mothers. I think that would really help alots.

The train industry used to do something similar to this. I remember advertisements about "Zephyrettes" who would do babysitting on the California Zephyr route from Chicago to the San Francisco/Oakland area in the 50s. They phased it out a long time ago. I think it had something to do with costs, but it could have been for other reasons.

Just some interesting history.

I am not talkin' about 2 years old toddlers. The article is talkin' about THREE years old toddler. I know about the age of 2 that is called " terrible 2 ". Why we have a parentin' class out there ? That's if, some parents DON'T know how or what to do with their child, if their child has a problem with somethin' and the parents can go to that class to ask some questions. Well to do families can afford to hire someone to train their toddlers how to behave well. I've seen one cute little boy who is only 3 or 4 years old and he behaved well. I am not kiddin' you. That little boy is one of my pastor's son. His son don't throw tantrums like I read about Elly. It's why I said NOT all of them are well behaved. Not many of them. It's just happened that I've seen that little boy who don't throw tantrums like Elly.

Have you read my 2nd link in my first post few posts after Eve´s link in her first thread?

Its says that Elly was well behaved on her first plane on 11th January and then "misbehaved" on her second plane on 14th January. I beleive it´s ear infection because most toddlers and kids suffers. A mother stated that Elly had ear problems etc I can feel her pain feeling because I know myself what I had been through with my son´s terrible pain with ear infection. It´s not very easy to deal with toddlers/kids who have ear infections... It´s impossible to stay well behaved when they suddenly got ear infection. No more ear infection ever since.. *knock on the wood*

Have you read my 2nd link in my first post few posts after Eve´s link in her first thread?

Its says that Elly was well behaved on her first plane on 11th January and then "misbehaved" on her second plane on 14th January. I beleive it´s ear infection because most toddlers and kids suffers. A mother stated that Elly had ear problems etc I can feel her pain feeling because I know myself what I had been through with my son´s terrible pain with ear infection. It´s not very easy to deal with toddlers/kids who have ear infections... It´s impossible to stay well behaved when they suddenly got ear infection. No more ear infection ever since.. *knock on the wood*

Well, IF that's the case, then the parents should take care of the problem first BEFORE goin' to the plane with their child. It could be anythin' the parents should check first. Never ignore the child's problem.

Well, IF that's the case, then the parents should take care of the problem first BEFORE goin' to the plane with their child. It could be anythin' the parents should check first. Never ignore the child's problem.

Please re-read my link carefully. It written "Suddenly and without warning, angelic little Elly morphed into every parents’ nightmare"

How could every parents including us know when will our children have their next ear infection? Nobody knows when it comes... Ear infection always come in last minute/suddenly. My son had it suddenly when he was on the plane, not before go in the plane... You have no idea what/how ear infection is... Very painfully... Opal mentioned in her previous post that her daughter had it when she was on the plane. My son, too. All what we do is take care of our children is give them warm damp towel to cover their ear to calm them down is work great than try any medicial.

Please re-read my link carefully. It written "Suddenly and without warning, angelic little Elly morphed into every parents’ nightmare"
How could every parents including us know when will our children have their next ear infection? Nobody knows when it comes... Ear infection always come in last minute/suddenly. My son had it suddenly when he was on the plane, not before go in the plane... You have no idea what/how ear infection is... Very painfully... Opal mentioned in her previous post that her daughter had it when she was on the plane. My son, too. All what we do is take care of our children is give them warm damp towel to cover their ear to calm them down is work great than try any medicial.

I already read and there's no need to re-read it. I understand the whole version. If, the problem should rise on the plane, then take that child out of the plane and take care of what the problem is than to causin' more problem on the plane, because of the passengers' important plans they need to be there where their destinations are. Don't waste their time. And, yes of course I can understand that the child's father's loss hours for his work ... it's better than how many passengers could lose theirs. Just only one person is the father instead of many of them. I think that's silly ... so it's best to take that child out of the plane and deal with what the problem is. All the flights are required to follow their schedules on time to arrive and depart... don't screw it. That's my view of this situation.

I already read and there's no need to re-read it. I understand the whole version. If, the problem should rise on the plane, then take that child out of the plane and take care of what the problem is than to causin' more problem on the plane, because of the passengers' important plans they need to be there where their destinations are. Don't waste their time. And, yes of course I can understand that the child's father's loss hours for his work ... it's better than how many passengers could lose theirs. Just only one person is the father instead of many of them. so it's best to take that child out of the plane and deal with what the problem is. All the flights are required to follow their schedules on time to arrive and depart... don't screw it. That's my view of this situation.

Again infant seat or toddler seat... Very very very simple solution...

I think it´s very silly to hire "uncomfortable" stewardness... She didn´t know how to solve the things with passengars like every stewardness did... :roll:

I also think it´s very silly of Airline to kick them out of their flight and try to make generous offer to defend their good reputation.. Too late, the parents are not stuipd... Lawsuit will cost them a lot of money than just airline´s generous offer.

Of course passengars know how to be patience when there´re delay flight...

No, it is not just loss hours of work but their own loss time and increase stress...

All what I want to say is wish them best of good luck to file a lawsuit against Airline.

The train industry used to do something similar to this. I remember advertisements about "Zephyrettes" who would do babysitting on the California Zephyr route from Chicago to the San Francisco/Oakland area in the 50s. They phased it out a long time ago. I think it had something to do with costs, but it could have been for other reasons.

Just some interesting history.

Yeah Endymion, I am not surprised because way back then the 1950's American society valued the family above all much more than what I am seeing today and in some ways I wish America kept some of the good things from the 1950's.

Amtrak does have a family lounge in the cabin but the problem here is that just about anybody can come and go which is really not that too good or safe in today's society because of safety concerns. What I had in mind for on the airlines was that women can only enter the cabin where the kids are and that men have no business being there in that part of the cabin where the " daycare center " is in the cabin and if men who are single fathers in today's world can let the stweardess have the kids and then he can go and sit down read the newspaper, have something strong to drink to relax. The same thing should be done on Amtrak for the women and the children's safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back