Thyroid Disorders

Oh my medicines information must be reversed. Thanks.

BTW, you mean that you are not taking the medicine anymore. If yes, I'm glad that you are so relief!

What a pain the neck to take a blood test every month. My nurse drew my blood, and she moved the needle twice in different times. I hate her. I found another nurse in other town that I never had a problem. Whew!

LOL I remember going through the same thing myself with one bad nurse who tried to find my good vein and after 3rd time I was really grilling at her. I went to different clinic and have been very happy with one doctor. I was told to drink more water so the vein would pop out more and easier for the needle to get in, ya know? I know it's TMI, but it works. hehe So, I try to remember drinking a glass of water 1 hour before I go there for a blood test.

Sometimes, the lab assistants forgot to call your doctor for the result. It is not your doctor's responsibility because most doctors have so many patients everyday. The doctors do have the responsiblitiy when they receive your result paper from the lab.

My lab forgot three times per year so I had to call my doctor's secretary get my blood test result. I really like the people at the lab, and I don't want to mad at them. Actually, it is my responsibility to find out my blood test.

For the diabetic device, there is one but I am not exact sure if they have needless. That's why we need to find out where the company come from. Of course, the company is in Europe, but where? France, Italy, etc.

Same here sometimes my doctor don't call because she get so busy. So after a week then I would call and find out.

Oh my medicines information must be reversed. Thanks.

BTW, you mean that you are not taking the medicine anymore. If yes, I'm glad that you are so relief!

What a pain the neck to take a blood test every month. My nurse drew my blood, and she moved the needle twice in different times. I hate her. I found another nurse in other town that I never had a problem. Whew!

I am still taking Toprol XL but don't have any medicine for thyriod since its all good.

LOL I remember going through the same thing myself with one bad nurse who tried to find my good vein and after 3rd time I was really grilling at her. I went to different clinic and have been very happy with one doctor. I was told to drink more water so the vein would pop out more and easier for the needle to get in, ya know? I know it's TMI, but it works. hehe So, I try to remember drinking a glass of water 1 hour before I go there for a blood test.

I never thought of drinking water that work this way. I will definitely take your advice. Thank you.

I am still taking Toprol XL but don't have any medicine for thyriod since its all good.

That's good to know. What makes your blood so high? Heart condition? Overweight? Keep forgetting to go out for exercise?

My mother has a high blood pressure, and she is always busy herself and excuse herself for not being going out for a walk enough. Her boyfriend always takes her out for dinner almost everyday - I don't like it. She does not have any medicine from her two doctors for a checkup. I am surprised about that.

I don't have that much tolerance with air conditions either because I get very cold easily. Even nice cool breeze makes me chill and I'd wear heavy sweater to keep me warm. Even in summer time! :crazy: If I miss a pill then the next day I would feel like sh*t! Even just for one day. Imagine that? That's why its so important that I don't forget to take the pill. Ugh!

oh you wear sweater thur in the summer ? wow when in summer I get easy so hot and in winter normal but in the house feel so cold cuz no heat then I get cold brrrr but not always I get easy cold :dunno: but before March 2002 I was freeze cold only during in winter time which that time I had no underactive thyroid till find out in march 2002. then it stop feel brrrr cold but this house where I live is LOUSY! cold cuz the heat always turn off and on like up and down arghhh and in summer time I use air cond not much I feel brrr lol but if it too high air cond then yeah BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR lol I guess that my pills help me but only one is always tired that is all :)

One day you miss the pill then next day you feel sh*t ? mine if no pill which forgot then next day I get easy too tired like not thinking in my mind like a blank as weak :)

That's good to know. What makes your blood so high? Heart condition? Overweight? Keep forgetting to go out for exercise?

My mother has a high blood pressure, and she is always busy herself and excuse herself for not being going out for a walk enough. Her boyfriend always takes her out for dinner almost everyday - I don't like it. She does not have any medicine from her two doctors for a checkup. I am surprised about that.
its overweight. My dr told me to lose 20 lbs thats it. So I am trying for past 2 yrs. I sometimes lose like 2 to 5 lbs a week then went back up again. Oh well. Its happened.

I have it and still I don't thinks the pills is workin'g, first started it and was losin'g weight and now I gained all back ....what do you thinks what I should do ?

its overweight. My dr told me to lose 20 lbs thats it. So I am trying for past 2 yrs. I sometimes lose like 2 to 5 lbs a week then went back up again. Oh well. Its happened.

I wanted to tell you that white breads, white bagels, and waffles have high carbohydrate which is not good for anyone because they have sugar. A large amount of sugar (carbohydrate) makes you overweight. It's better to eat grain breads and spelt breads because they have less carbohydrate. Just let you know that honey is a real sugar. You can use the honey for tea or on a toast or bread. The honey converted to sugar in the tea...

How will you find the information about the carbohydrate for your food? It is on the ingredient list that tell you how many percent so that you can compare with your other food products such as cereal, flour?, bread, juice, etc. You also should compare the sugar percent, too.
It's hard for me to tell you the difference between the underactive thyriod problem and the carbohydrate. It is best for you to make a judgement to eliminate the overweight problem. It is not good for us to take the pills, but it is our survival. Although, I would rather to take the herbs, but I cannot take the risk because it is irreversible. However, my last resort if I have little money or no insurance, I will take the herbs.

Sorry to hear that you had a rash from taking generic. Glad you got the right brand and is under control. :) I was told to twitch over to Levoxyl from generic because it's more accurate. The generic pills are not too accurate and that's why my thyroid level was always up and down. Since I'm on levoxyl it has been stabled since.

yeah me too
since i had the allergic attack and my body just reject the generic cuz it is not real only levoxyl is real oh well

How did you make out with your medicine? Better or just all right?

I am a little annoying when I go inside a shop. The air conditioner makes me feel cold. My mother didn't feel that cold. I believe that it has to do with the medicine. Sometimes, I am awkward to deal with my breathing different temperature environment like hot and cold air. I never had the problem before my heart surgery last December. *sigh*

oh you wear sweater thur in the summer ? wow when in summer I get easy so hot and in winter normal but in the house feel so cold cuz no heat then I get cold brrrr but not always I get easy cold :dunno: but before March 2002 I was freeze cold only during in winter time which that time I had no underactive thyroid till find out in march 2002. then it stop feel brrrr cold but this house where I live is LOUSY! cold cuz the heat always turn off and on like up and down arghhh and in summer time I use air cond not much I feel brrr lol but if it too high air cond then yeah BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR lol I guess that my pills help me but only one is always tired that is all :)

One day you miss the pill then next day you feel sh*t ? mine if no pill which forgot then next day I get easy too tired like not thinking in my mind like a blank as weak :)

This make me feel funny now cuz when it is air cond is on and didnt make me feel cold brrr just like normal feel cool werid :dunno: before was make me feel cold but not anymore hmm :confused:

Already took blood test and my doctor said it all good nothing change or else glad to know still the same green pills so far :) it make me feel like it normal feel like no thyoird inside me but still taking my pills darn! lol :lol: but no fun! :(

i always feel cold no matter if winter time and AC cool on HIGH during the summer BLAH

I was recently diagnosed with hyperthyroidism - I have no clue what it is. Anyone here with that? I dont suffer from cold like most posters here mentioned.

Catmandu

I am taking Levothroxine (green). It is for my underactive thyroid. I don't like it, but it is a temporary for about 6 months. I am not sure that it has a side effect because I take two other pills (Amiodarone and Toprol - they are very bad side effects. i.e. my fingers numb, often tired, a little difficult walking, some hair loss not major loss, and sometimes feet numb).

The underactive thyroid is for people who have very low activity or very low energy before the surgery. I would say that people are lazy for not going the exercise daily - I think my sister told me about it a few months ago when I was in the hospital for my heart surgery.

I am sorry that you had it removed. It helps to control your kidneys, liver, and I don't remember one more organ. Your pill trick your brain to make your organs working.

I take the pill because I laid on a bed at the hospital for 3 months. At home, I get up every morning that make my body sweat due my thyroid problem. It is pretty scary to me.

I am curious do you have a home monitor for your blood test?
(A small device with a tiny needle checks your blood level from your finger without going to a lab.)

A few weeks ago, my friend takes Levothroxine every 6 months. I am surprised about that. Now, I cannot miss my daily pills. Sigh!

I am still lazy for not doing my exerise shame on me anyway, I had thyroid problem since 1974 and the doctor says that is normal for me to having my neck swelling up a bit but it was building up over years until 1991 i had a surgery to have my right thyroid gland removed completely and i still have neck scar but not noticeable and i had medication changing over years but right now i am taking Levothyroxine 0.150 mg (generic for Synthroid 0.15mg) in round light blue pills - Groan taking those pills for rest of my life - yuck but have to take those pills to keep my weight stable and have to watch my diet cuz i have high cholestrol as i am taking Lipitor 20 mg daily as well... And also i had neck pains for nearly 8 months straight and for the last two or three months ago i weighed 238 lbs but now it's 217 lbs - wow what a big drop like that.... You see, i sleep alot when i had my neck pains so severe and got sicker and didn't want to eat any food except water and went to Pain Clinic to get the injection on my upper back where the spine is (near my neck) to releive the pains about three to four weeks ago but didn't work at the first time but at second time, i went back to get different injection that directly my right side of my neck and that was two weeks ago and at first it worked but few days later the pain went back on but now it's starting working slowly and the pain starting to decrease slowly but still having mild pains right now... that's big plus for me to get this pain off my neck for a change!!!!! But have to go back to Pain Clinic on August 23rd in the afternoon for another injection to get the pains off my neck so i can enjoy my life this year.... BEEN miserable for nearly 8 months straight non stop pains!!!!!!!! GEEEEEZZ WHIZ!!!!!!! :mad:

I am still lazy for not doing my exerise shame on me anyway, I had thyroid problem since 1974 and the doctor says that is normal for me to having my neck swelling up a bit but it was building up over years until 1991 i had a surgery to have my right thyroid gland removed completely and i still have neck scar but not noticeable and i had medication changing over years but right now i am taking Levothyroxine 0.150 mg (generic for Synthroid 0.15mg) in round light blue pills - Groan taking those pills for rest of my life - yuck but have to take those pills to keep my weight stable and have to watch my diet cuz i have high cholestrol as i am taking Lipitor 20 mg daily as well... And also i had neck pains for nearly 8 months straight and for the last two or three months ago i weighed 238 lbs but now it's 217 lbs - wow what a big drop like that.... You see, i sleep alot when i had my neck pains so severe and got sicker and didn't want to eat any food except water and went to Pain Clinic to get the injection on my upper back where the spine is (near my neck) to releive the pains about three to four weeks ago but didn't work at the first time but at second time, i went back to get different injection that directly my right side of my neck and that was two weeks ago and at first it worked but few days later the pain went back on but now it's starting working slowly and the pain starting to decrease slowly but still having mild pains right now... that's big plus for me to get this pain off my neck for a change!!!!! But have to go back to Pain Clinic on August 23rd in the afternoon for another injection to get the pains off my neck so i can enjoy my life this year.... BEEN miserable for nearly 8 months straight non stop pains!!!!!!!! GEEEEEZZ WHIZ!!!!!!! :mad:

That's really hard. I do understand your situation. I would get the injection for my neck if I have a problem. But, I really suggest you to see a chiropractor and talk to her about it. I guarantee that you will find this better alternative than taking an inject shot. I'm not making you to do that. I want the best for you to get rid of your neck problem. You will thank me for that. Please don't tell me that you cannot see the chiropractor because you are adult. I am very happy with my chiropractor.

Do you take your pills everyday or every 6 months? I take it everyday. I think that you are very lucky that you have a small dose of Levothyroxine. Mine is 88 mcg.

Off record - did you know that many doctors who give people some prescriptions to their patients and the doctors buy pills on stocks? (I mean stock market.) It is a dirty business. They think that the medicines are working so they give them the prescription. There are thousands of different medicines that the doctors have to decide which ones that might work for them. FDA doesn't tell them which is safe because of the money issue.

That's really hard. I do understand your situation. I would get the injection for my neck if I have a problem. But, I really suggest you to see a chiropractor and talk to her about it. I guarantee that you will find this better alternative than taking an inject shot. I'm not making you to do that. I want the best for you to get rid of your neck problem. You will thank me for that. Please don't tell me that you cannot see the chiropractor because you are adult. I am very happy with my chiropractor.

Do you take your pills everyday or every 6 months? I take it everyday. I think that you are very lucky that you have a small dose of Levothyroxine. Mine is 88 mcg.

Off record - did you know that many doctors who give people some prescriptions to their patients and the doctors buy pills on stocks? (I mean stock market.) It is a dirty business. They think that the medicines are working so they give them the prescription. There are thousands of different medicines that the doctors have to decide which ones that might work for them. FDA doesn't tell them which is safe because of the money issue.

Webexplorer.... i went and see two different chiropractors in 4 or 6 times this year and it didn't get me better and i asked one of my chiropractor to referring me to Pain Clinic so i did go there twice this past two months now... and Yes i am taking thyroid pills every day for rest of my life. My Medi-Care/Medi-Cal pays for it as i don't care for it but it works for me either way as long as my doctor fills prescription and i take that to pharmacy to fill that order and be done with it and take it home and be happy! :giggle:

It looks like that you are taking a Toprol.

I take Toprol for my heart condition after the surgery. It keeps the heart to slow down. I have to wait for my doctor to tell me to stop taking the pill - maybe in 6 to 8 months. This medicine is so bad and it has many side effects. He said that I might take it for rest of my life.

If you have Amiodarone pills, this is one of the most worst of all that has so many side effects. After stop taking Amiodarine, it takes 6 months to take the toxic out of your body. This pill makes me feel down and tired. It is for my high blood pressure, but I don't that problem, but my doctor told me to take it. gggrr. (I am relief to hear that it is a temporary for about 6 months.)

Forgive me for not see your post until today...

No, it's not Toprol.

Yes I'm surprised when I saw American pills which is different as here in Germany because they have color which I only have white pill... Interesting.

I took thyriod hormones pill 30 minutes before breakfast everyday. I went to doctor for check twice a year. My family doctor told me that I have to live with pill forever... :eek3:

Back