Thyroid Disorders

FreeWoman77 said:
i m sorry u and others got one, i agree with Gemtun, everyone got different diseases, i got lump on my right breast, far high near my neck, more likely on chest, found out its benign(sp?), i was supposed to have biopsy to remove soon :aw: but afraid hurt touching bones on chest u know :Ohno:

sorry if its offtopic
I'm glad you took action and have this done asap. We wouldn't want to see anything bad happen to you! You will be sore for sure, but be thankful that you are here and your two beautiful young girls. Let us know how you make out with the operation and so on. Think +++ :hug:

DeafMonkey said:
Ahh when I was in school from junior school and high school I go involed alots of sports from grade Kingterdgren (sp) till graduated that I play alots volleyball, baseball, hockey, badmation, swimming, etc expect not ballet and rubgy lol that I involed lots and have no plm with my thyriod till found out in march 2002. then I use pills rest of my life .. doesnt bother with my throat from pills.. but I hate PILLS! lol :lol:
Wow, you did all kinds of sports... You did better than I did when I was young because I was such a lazy goof. You probably had more ambitious than I ever had. Ha! Wow, that's great! I know you hate taking pills, but think about it if you don't take it you'd crash and burn! :lol: Over time you will not mind, but right now it's too soon. It did take me few years to accept it.

Catmandu said:
Wow! That's a lot of gram. I'm glad it's not cancerous. Some people I know had the same thing like your brother had and they become hypo-thyroid so now they have to take the pill for the rest of their life. Does your brother have to take pills?

Nope, he doesn't take pills for his thyroid this time.

Catmandu said:
Wow, you did all kinds of sports... You did better than I did when I was young because I was such a lazy goof. You probably had more ambitious than I ever had. Ha! Wow, that's great! I know you hate taking pills, but think about it if you don't take it you'd crash and burn! :lol: Over time you will not mind, but right now it's too soon. It did take me few years to accept it.

yeah I love sports very much than exercis like lifeweight, thrillmill (spelling), something like that from biggest loser tv show,, but I love sports like hockey, volleyball etc but I love hockey so badly lol .. now i havent play sports since 1997 :( which I cant afford to pay for sports. oh well but I am used it with the pills since 2002. will take test blood next month :)

in 2002 my pills was yellow till doctor changed pills purple but got low in my throat change back to yellow.. next month will find out if will change colour or stay on yellow .. one of my friend had same underactive thyorid is pink.. other my blah friend same as mine underactive thyroid and her pills are green. Right now I am on yellow pills .. hope so not change again lol

Famous Thyroid Patients

President George Bush, and First Lady Barbara Bush were both sufferers of hyperthyroidism. The unusual occurrence of thyroid disease in the First Couple prompted an investigation into the water supply at the vice-presidential mansion. Even their dog Millie was diagnosed with thyroid problems! No cause was ever found, and it was apparently just a statistical anomaly.

Rod Stewart - Rock/Pop Star, singer, writer and producer. During an annual physical doctors discovered a nodule in his thyroid. Surgery on May 12, 2000 removed the nodule, and it was found not to be malignant.

Tipper Gore - Wife of Vice President Al Gore. Became the third resident of the Blair House (the vice-president's residence) to suffer from thyroid problems. Tipper's recent surgery to have her thyroid gland removed because of a nodule has raised awareness of the thyroid in general and thyroid nodules in particular.

Gail Devers - Olympic Gold Medal Winner. Her courageous battle to overcome thyroid disease is portrayed in "Run for the Dream: The Gail Devers Story", an original movie of her battle to overcome thyroid disease and win an Olympic Gold Medal. This movie was made by Showtime, and runs occasionally on television.

Faith Ford - plays Corky on "Murphy Brown". She was diagnosed with hyperthyroid after suffering an episode of heart palpitations and breathlessness on the set. She experienced a classic symptom of Grave's disease, and told Ladie's Home Journal, " I felt like I had sand in my eyes." She also lost a considerable amount of weight and two dress sizes, but like so many mistaken women, she felt this was not a problem.

Muhammed Ali - "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee" is this World Champion heavy weight boxer's motto. It could just as easily be the thyroid's motto as well, as any sufferer of thyroid disease can attest. Muhammed Ali lost a championship fight after being mistreated for thyroid disease.

Carl Lewis - Olympic Gold Medal Winner. Five months before the 1996 Olympics, Carl was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. He was successfully treated and able to compete.

Ben Crenshaw - World class golfer.

Pat Bradley - Top player in the Ladies Professional Golfers Association.

Patty Berg - Winner of the first Women's National Open Golf Tournament in 1946 and member of the LPGA Hall of fame.

Joe Piscopo - Actor, producer, writer, singer, and comedian.

Charles Marion Russell - ( 1864-1926 ), cowboy artist, had a large goiter that choked him, and squeezed is air pipe, and gave him dizzy spells. He was unable to sleep, or work, and finally went to May Clinic. World famous thyroid surgeon, William Plummer, removed the goiter. Unfortunately, for him during the pre-op evaluation, they found severe Emphysema, and associated heart failure, and coronary disease. He died in 1926, not long after the thyroid surgery. C.M. Russell Museum in Great Falls Montana, has many of his art pieces. The best photo of him on the Museum web site shows him in a suit, but due to his massive goiter he could no button the shirt all the way, or put the tie on tight. See www.cmrussell.org/meet.html. for his biography and photograph.

DeafMonkey said:
yeah I love sports very much than exercis like lifeweight, thrillmill (spelling), something like that from biggest loser tv show,, but I love sports like hockey, volleyball etc but I love hockey so badly lol .. now i havent play sports since 1997 :( which I cant afford to pay for sports. oh well but I am used it with the pills since 2002. will take test blood next month :)

in 2002 my pills was yellow till doctor changed pills purple but got low in my throat change back to yellow.. next month will find out if will change colour or stay on yellow .. one of my friend had same underactive thyorid is pink.. other my blah friend same as mine underactive thyroid and her pills are green. Right now I am on yellow pills .. hope so not change again lol

thyroidpillscolor.jpg

Mine is .112mcg I can't even tell what color of mine is. Is it dark orange? or red? I think it is red. Anyway, you said your friend takes pink pills, which is .200mcg? Wow, that's high pretty high. When I first diagnosed with hypo-thyroidism and my doctor had to put me on .150mcg to kick start my system. Two months later my heart was racing and I was getting a lot of palpitation in the heart. My hands were trembling a lot. The doctor said ok, it is too high so let's cut back. Have you experienced that?

Catmandu said:
thyroidpillscolor.jpg

Mine is .112mcg I can't even tell what color of mine is. Is it dark orange? or red? I think it is red. Anyway, you said your friend takes pink pills, which is .200mcg? Wow, that's high pretty high. When I first diagnosed with hypo-thyroidism and my doctor had to put me on .150mcg to kick start my system. Two months later my heart was racing and I was getting a lot of palpitation in the heart. My hands were trembling a lot. The doctor said ok, it is too high so let's cut back. Have you experienced that?

heheh that pills?? mine different pills here is the pics .. you see red circle that is yellow that i am taking

pills2.gif

DeafMonkey said:
heheh that pills?? mine different pills here is the pics .. you see red circle that is yellow that i am taking

pills2.gif
I forgot that some of us take different brand. Is this Synthroid?

Catmandu said:
I forgot that some of us take different brand. Is this Synthroid?

yes synthriod
(levothyroxine (Synthroid))

i see my pills bottle of yellow said 0.1MG

Catmandu,
Thanks for bring Link about Doctor... Top list.. I would love to go and pay visit at kitchener, Ontario and to see top list doctor.. One day I will go there..
Thank you very much again.. You gave me lift up..
Wha.. world thanked to Internet and postive feedback other Deaf peoples who talk postive about the important health. If no internet.. I would trap and nowhere could find good top list doctor.

wow, Pretty interesting... awful lot information.. Quite made feel me lift up..
I don't know how can I say more.. Thank you again.

Interesting about these pills.. Seems different usa and canada compares pill shaped.

GalaxyAngel said:
Catmandu,
Thanks for bring Link about Doctor... Top list.. I would love to go and pay visit at kitchener, Ontario and to see top list doctor.. One day I will go there..
Wha.. world thanked to Internet and postive feedback other Deaf peoples who talk postive about the important health. If no internet.. I would trap and nowhere could find good top list doctor.

Interesting about these pills.. Seems different usa and canada compares pill shaped.

yeah different shape new to me lol

:hug: Anytime GalaxyAngel. I know this is awful a lot of information for you to aborb in your head in one day. It took me few months to research and understand what's going on. Take your time. Ask your doctors good questions. If you have questions, write them down because doctors love patients like that. :) Also, ask your doctor for a referral and s/he will get you a doctor who specializes in endocrinology. Good luck!

GalaxyAngel said:
Catmandu,

Catmandu,

Was the weight gain gradual or did you gain it all at once?

I now understand some about the Thryoid condition, thanks to you. :hug:

GalaxyAngel, I hope you'll get some help with your thryoid problem.

Miss-Delectable said:
Catmandu,

Was the weight gain gradual or did you gain it all at once?

I now understand some about the Thryoid condition, thanks to you. :hug:

GalaxyAngel, I hope you'll get some help with your thryoid problem.

It was the gradual weight gain because I gained about 11 pounds per year. 67 pounds in 6 years.

Hypothyroidism Diagnosis

Hypothyroidism is a relatively common disorder. It affects more women then men, but I happen to be one of the men who does have it. Symptoms of hypothyroidism include fatigue, gradual weight gain, constipation, muscle aches, joint pain, feeling cold, menstrual irregularities, weakness, hair loss, dry, cold skin and slow reaction time. Many patients will have a goiter (enlarged thyroid). Although it has received much discussion, I believe low body temperature is not a reliable sign of hypothyroidism.

I just recently told by my doctor in December that I have thyroid disorder. My doctor told me I have hypothyroidism, I haev little TH (underactive thyroid). I get in depression, weight gain, my hair fall off, sore throats, irregular menstruation, problem getting pregnant and high cholestrol. I get tired very easy everyday and don't have the much energy. Every 2 months, I have to visit my doctor office for radioactive iodine test (blood test), I have to take little amount of iodine and then take the blood test and Thyroid scan and every 6 months, I have to take ultrasound to see some tumor or lumps. It's sucks!!

Doctor put me on medication, at first, he prescribed me on .137mcg (the blue one) and few week, I went to see the doctor, my blood test showed level was high, so they switched me to .112 mcg (the red one) and my last test showed it was pretty normal, so I have to be careful.

Yep, I had problem getting pregnant, due to thyroid disorder, and my cycle was not normal, and my cholestrol was way high, and I had to change my diet plan. I exercise everyday, (member of Curves) and trying to change the diet plan, every day, I eat was salads, but my doctor told me it is okay to eat other meats, etc.

CrazyMomma said:
I just recently told by my doctor in December that I have thyroid disorder. My doctor told me I have hypothyroidism, I haev little TH (underactive thyroid). I get in depression, weight gain, my hair fall off, sore throats, irregular menstruation, problem getting pregnant and high cholestrol. I get tired very easy everyday and don't have the much energy. Every 2 months, I have to visit my doctor office for radioactive iodine test (blood test), I have to take little amount of iodine and then take the blood test and Thyroid scan and every 6 months, I have to take ultrasound to see some tumor or lumps. It's sucks!!

Doctor put me on medication, at first, he prescribed me on .137mcg (the blue one) and few week, I went to see the doctor, my blood test showed level was high, so they switched me to .112 mcg (the red one) and my last test showed it was pretty normal, so I have to be careful.

Yep, I had problem getting pregnant, due to thyroid disorder, and my cycle was not normal, and my cholestrol was way high, and I had to change my diet plan. I exercise everyday, (member of Curves) and trying to change the diet plan, every day, I eat was salads, but my doctor told me it is okay to eat other meats, etc.
I remember going through all this myself in 1998 and it was a scary experience for me because I was the only one in the family who had it at the time. I had my radioiodine test and it showed it was very, very low so the doctor told me to increase salt intake. I'm not a salt person and still am. My blood pressure is still stands at 64/100.

Speaking of cholestrol, I noticed that my cholestrol level went up from 128 to 176 in 10 years. My family's cholestrol are in 120s. Grr! Cholestrol and diabetes associates with hypothyroidism. That's why I have been so anal about my weight because I do not want to get diabetes. I started excercising at around 5pm for 4 times a week at home since the beginning of January. The metabolism slows down in the afternoon to evening so I have to excercise to give it a boost. So far I've lost 2% of bodyfat in almost 3 weeks. I'm really trying.

I have trouble conceiving lately, too and I don't know if this have anything to do with my low thyroid level. At the same time I was under a lot of stress last year and left the job for few reasons. I am going to wait a year and try conceiving again. Right now I am focusing on my health and see my Endocrinologist about conceiving at the right time.

I'm sorry that you have to go through so much trouble. Everything will get better with time. You're not alone. :hug:

My doctor was checking my cholestrol level and he said my cholestrol is PERFECT!!! that I was surprised me wow my cholestrol is perfect :)

wow interesting thread here...

I saw tablets in some of your posts which different as mine... The sort of thyriod pill, I have.

Thyroid Levothyroxin sodium 75 (Thyroid Hormones)

http://www.rxmed.com/b.main/b2.phar... (General Monographs- T)/THYROID HORMONE.html

I will be back for response more posts and tell you about myself here... I´m sure you remember my posts in other forum and other threads here, Catmandu...

yes unfortunately I have to take it for the rest of my life. 30 minutes before breakfast every morning... I´m using it...

Back