This is a frightening situation in my area

No it doesn't matter. Not in this case. His place of residence has not been shown to have anything to do with his illness, his alleged assault, or anything else.

What area is he from,then? If you are so certain that he is a gang member, then you must know exactly where in DC he lived since the area is an important factor.

I don't think, "oh, he's from DC. He must be a gang member and he must be guilty of trying to kill someone because he is from DC" will hold water in our legal system. No, but the fact he has a violent background as well was court ordered into a mental health facility, as well as escaped with 3 other juveniles that all had violent backgrounds might hold up in court .... but you never know

The fact is that every patient in that facility is being treated for something that could conceivable make them at risk for violent behavior and some given point in time. The fact that he is from DC does not mean that he is a greater risk than any other patient in the faciltiy.

The fact is, if he grew up near 13th and U streets, he is a gang member.

I have heard from former gang members that have stated being initiated when they were 13 years old.

Some have said 14, others ... 15 .. still others .... 19

You still haven't commented on how he escaped with 3 other juveniles that ALL had violent backgrounds.

Sounds like it was planned and not just "walking away" as you have repeatedly stated.

They, quite obviously, had progressed to the point in their treatment that they received grounds privileges. The four of them climbed a fence.

Did you check out what that particular facility does? If you did, you would already have an answer to your question.

Nope. Won't hold up in court at all if there is no evidence what so ever that he is affiliated with a gang. And there isn't. Fortunately, the courts require evidence. They don't just use illogical leaps in their decisions.

The fact is, if he grew up near 13th and U streets, he is a gang member.

Did he?

So, everyone who grew up near 13th and U streets is a gang member?

You really are stretching now.:laugh2: It is virtually impossible to grow up near 13th and U streets and not be a gang member.:giggle:

Did he? is the "if' that elusive?

So, everyone who grew up near 13th and U streets is a gang member?

You really are stretching now.:laugh2: It is virtually impossible to grow up near 13th and U streets and not be a gang member.:giggle:

Its called being street smart. Obviously, you don't have any. You can't get street smart by reading books.

Its called being street smart. Obviously, you don't have any. You can't get street smart by reading books.

This just keeps getting more and more absurd! It is truly amazing the convoluted thought processes some will use to reach totally ridiculous conclusions.:laugh2:

Now Steinhauer has pronounced this guy a gang member who grew up in the area of 13th and U streets in DC. :laugh2:

How the hell did we get from a 19 year old walking away from a mental health facility to Steinhauer knowing his address and his gang affiliation? :laugh2:

Good lord:laugh2:

Now you see what I mean by people exaggerating risk and just virtually making things up when they hear the words "mental illness", Jiro?

I'm frightened all right, and it sure isn't of the guy that has been in treatment. It is of the one's walking around free with a connection loose.

This just keeps getting more and more absurd! It is truly amazing the convoluted thought processes some will use to reach totally ridiculous conclusions.:laugh2:

I agree, like how this 19 year old poses no danger whatsoever and people shouldn't be alarmed by the fact that he tried to kill someone. Lets just ignore that charge because it is imaginary anyway ... :roll:

Now Steinhauer has pronounced this guy a gang member who grew up in the area of 13th and U streets in DC. :laugh2:

And the "if" still eludes you

How the hell did we get from a 19 year old walking away from a mental health facility to Steinhauer knowing his address and his gang affiliation? :laugh2:

You don't know because you have no street smarts.

Good lord:laugh2:

Now you see what I mean by people exaggerating risk and just virtually making things up when they hear the words "mental illness", Jiro?

Mental illness accompanied with "tried to kill someone in an assault" and "court ordered to a mental health facility"

I'm frightened all right, and it sure isn't of the guy that has been in treatment. It is of the one's walking around free with a connection loose.

Like the one spouting everything is peachy and that the 19 year old is simply a pushover poor little lost soul?

:roll:

Confidentialy prevents it in the case of a mentally ill patient. You can't just start calling people and saying "Hey, this guy named Joe Blow is in a psychiatric facility, and he just walked away."
It wasn't just one guy walking away.

It was four guys scaling a fence to escape.

Yes, they can call people and tell them that four young men escaped the facility, be watchful and lock your doors. What's wrong with that?

Sigh...So much for a kinder and gentler nation. This thread was depressing. :(

I don't think anybody is panicking over this. We're just very concerned and this calls for us to be vigilant about it so that nobody gets hurt.
That's right.

Also, people are concerned for Delonte Parker. We don't want any harm to come to him either.

What does that have to do with this specific case?
You posted that Parker reported voluntarily for treatment. My link shows that they are sent to these facilities by the legal systems of other locations.

Also, if he was there voluntarily, why would he need to exit by way of scaling a fence with three other guys instead of checking out thru the front door?

This place is only 2.2 miles from my house:

4 escapees only had to scale fence | The Post and Courier, Charleston SC - News, Sports, Entertainment

Teen escapee remains at large | The Post and Courier, Charleston SC - News, Sports, Entertainment

:eek3:

I drive past that place twice a day when I commute.

On either side of that center are residential care centers for elderly people. Across the street are apartments and professional/medical offices. On the same block is a hospital and retirement residences.

The website for the center says it's for youth ages 12-17. The escapee is 19 years old, 6'2" tall! He has a history of violence (attempted murder). That's more than a troubled little kid. Also, he's been off his meds for at least four days now.

Summerville, SC facilities of Palmetto Lowcountry Behavioral Health ? Charleston, SC Mental Health Services- Depression, Substance Abuse treatment & Mental Illness

:-o

No, I don't.

I've had a stranger in my back yard before.

My backyard is completely enclosed by a 6-ft wood privacy fence with a locked gate. One day, I was home alone at my kitchen table with faces the sliding glass doors onto my back deck. All of a sudden, a man wearing only camouflage pants was standing at my slider and looking in! I didn't recognize, and I yelled, "What are you doing?" (Makes no sense, does it? :lol: )

I headed for the front door, grabbing a phone on my way out. When I got to my front yard, I noticed some other people standing in the street. It was the mother and her daughter (about 20 years old), and they looked upset. I asked what happened. They said that her boyfriend, a Marine, had just come from the base club acting crazy and wild. They had never seen him like that before. I told them that he went into my back yard. Then, the police showed up. They looked around, and caught him.

I found out later that someone that worked at the club had put something in his drink that made him go crazy. (After it wore off, he was fine again.) The club employee confessed to doing that to a few people. :eek3:

Apparently, under the influence of the drug, and being in good physical shape, the Marine (who wasn't tall) was able to scale my privacy fence. Yikes!

When I lived in Berkeley Cal. my dog woke me up at she was barking and was really threaten bark! When I looked out my front door window I saw one flower on a paper that had a poem written and a burning candle on my pouch and there was man sitting on my chair dress like Jesus! He had a long beard and was wearing a long white robe and sandals! I thought WTF is this guying doing at my home in the middle of the night. I lived alone with my daughter and dog and I have a some madman at my door! I told the guy to leave or I will call the cops and he told me to go ahead!! I called the cops and them gave all the details about this nutcase! The cop said they know who the guy was and I should go back to bed and not worry! I am glad I had double blade ax in my house, I would had used it if that nutcase tried to break in! He never came back! I was so glad I decided to get a dog for protection for my daughter and me!
That had to been scary finding a stranger in your when you have 6-ft wood privacy fence with locked gated! This show you really can't keep people out of your yard! I am glad nothing happen to you as the man was out of his mind! I hope club employee spend some time in jail!!

When I lived in Berkeley Cal. my dog woke me up at she was barking and was really threaten bark! When I looked out my front door window I saw one flower on a paper that had a poem written and a burning candle on my pouch and there was man sitting on my chair dress like Jesus! He had a long beard and was wearing a long white robe and sandals! I thought WTF is this guying doing at my home in the middle of the night. I lived alone with my daughter and dog and I have a some madman at my door! I told the guy to leave or I will call the cops and he told me to go ahead!! I called the cops and them gave all the details about this nutcase! The cop said they know who the guy was and I should go back to bed and not worry! I am glad I had double blade ax in my house, I would had used it if that nutcase tried to break in! He never came back! I was so glad I decided to get a dog for protection for my daughter and me!
That had to been scary finding a stranger in your when you have 6-ft wood privacy fence with locked gated! This show you really can't keep people out of your yard! I am glad nothing happen to you as the man was out of his mind! I hope club employee spend some time in jail!!

That really does sound like Berkeley. :giggle:

He was probably an escapee from a hippy commune.

This place is only 2.2 miles from my house:

4 escapees only had to scale fence | The Post and Courier, Charleston SC - News, Sports, Entertainment

Teen escapee remains at large | The Post and Courier, Charleston SC - News, Sports, Entertainment

:eek3:

I drive past that place twice a day when I commute.

On either side of that center are residential care centers for elderly people. Across the street are apartments and professional/medical offices. On the same block is a hospital and retirement residences.

The website for the center says it's for youth ages 12-17. The escapee is 19 years old, 6'2" tall! He has a history of violence (attempted murder). That's more than a troubled little kid. Also, he's been off his meds for at least four days now.

Summerville, SC facilities of Palmetto Lowcountry Behavioral Health ? Charleston, SC Mental Health Services- Depression, Substance Abuse treatment & Mental Illness

Wow... Good thing that you're away from that place, Reba! :shock:

Wow, I'm glad nothing happened. That was weird!

Yeah, it was rather startling at the time. When I went out front, I ended up comforting the young girlfriend, so I didn't worry about myself.

I never did hear what happened to the club employee. Since it happened on military property they were able to keep it out of the news.

Wow, I'm glad nothing happened. That was weird!

Yeah, it was rather startling at the time. When I went out front, I ended up comforting the young girlfriend, so I didn't worry about myself.

I never did hear what happened to the club employee. Since it happened on military property they were able to keep it out of the news.

I freaked out when I saw all that stuff on my pouch! I thought the guy was another Charlie Manson!!

All I saw in the comments was a bunch of rumor and judgement. Just like what happened in this thread, the stories got worse everytime they were re-told.

I was interested in what the psychiatrist interviewed had to say about these facilities. He backed up everything I said yesterday regarding policy and protocol.

That really does sound like Berkeley. :giggle:

He was probably an escapee from a hippy commune.

Uh, that is "hippie", not "hippy". "Hippy" refers to someone that has disproportionately large hips.

And of course, we all know that hippies are all drug crazed murderers and rapists.:roll:

Back