This is a frightening situation in my area

You posted that Parker reported voluntarily for treatment. My link shows that they are sent to these facilities by the legal systems of other locations.

Also, if he was there voluntarily, why would he need to exit by way of scaling a fence with three other guys instead of checking out thru the front door?

I think you misunderstood. I was referring to voluntary admission in general as opposed to probated admission in general.

I think you misunderstood. I was referring to voluntary admission in general as opposed to probated admission in general.
Then, since he was not there voluntarily, they should have reported his escape right away, which they did not.

Then, since he was not there voluntarily, they should have reported his escape right away, which they did not.

The police dept.says they did not. Neither you not I have seen transcripts or times of any calls that were placed to any authority.

The police dept.says they did not. Neither you not I have seen transcripts or times of any calls that were placed to any authority.
Are you saying that the police lied? Did anyone from the center dispute what the police said?

Are you saying that the police lied? Did anyone from the center dispute what the police said?

Are you saying that the authorities have never claimed that they were not informed to cover up their own responsibility for delays in taking action? Like I said, neither one of us has seen transcripts or recorded times of calls to any authority. Calls get made that info doesn't get passed on in a timely manner, as well.

The center didn't comment. Again, they are bound by confidentiality, and no doubt are doing exactly what they should be doing to avoid even an accidental breach: not commenting.

That is "nor" not "not"

You know, I might actually take you seriously once in a while if you actually paid attention to your own mistakes for a change.

Just saying.

That is "nor" not "not"

You know, I might actually take you seriously once in a while if you actually paid attention to your own mistakes for a change.

Just saying.

Frankly, Steinhauer, I could not care less whether you take me seriously or not. Hard as it may be for you to believe, you are of virtually no concern to me whatsoever.:cool2:

Frankly, Steinhauer, I could not care less whether you take me seriously or not. Hard as it may be for you to believe, you are of virtually no concern to me whatsoever.:cool2:

Then stop responding to my posts please.

Stop trolling me, little boy. You are embarrassing yourself.

It was never my intention to "troll" you. As much as you would like to flatter yourself into thinking people go out of their way to give you a hard time, it simply isn't true.

All anyone has to do to "offend" you, is to disagree. People like that I try to avoid anyways.

I still don't understand why, if I am so insignificant ... that you keep responding to my posts. I wish you would just stop.

Its a paradox .... :roll:

It was never my intention to "troll" you. As much as you would like to flatter yourself into thinking people go out of their way to give you a hard time, it simply isn't true.

All anyone has to do to "offend" you, is to disagree. People like that I try to avoid anyways.

I still don't understand why, if I am so insignificant ... that you keep responding to my posts. I wish you would just stop.

instead of telling her to stop responding to your posts... you should stop responding to her posts

it's a hypocrisy :roll:

If you wish she would stop, don't give her anything to respond to.

Thank you Glenn and Jiro. There is something going on behind the scenes that he is trying to justify. No biggie. I refuse to waste my time with it.:wave:

You posted that Parker reported voluntarily for treatment. My link shows that they are sent to these facilities by the legal systems of other locations.

Also, if he was there voluntarily, why would he need to exit by way of scaling a fence with three other guys instead of checking out thru the front door?

You are asking "reasonable" questions to a person that cannot be reasoned with.

As much as this other joker enjoys espousing how much "wisdom" they have, both of my grandparents worked in facilities such as the one these people escaped from.

Both of them worked for the VA. My grandfather worked in the mental ward. Before he became a RN, he was the guy the nurses called to stabilize neurotic and violent patients. He once had his finger bitten off on one such call.

People are put into these facilities for a reason. Attempted murder could be one of those reasons. However much it is argued that this individual may be mentally impaired, mentally ill, or whatever, his cognitive functions worked well enough to work in a team, escape and avoid detection.

The VA bears no resemblence to a psychiatric treatment center for violent juvenile offenders. Even their psychiatric units treat a different population and different disorders than the ones the center in the OP specializes in.

Just in case might mistakenly believe that a comparison of the two was apt.

They were committed to the center by District of Columbia courts under the auspices of the D.C. Department of Youth Rehabilitation Center. Authorities did not reveal what charges they faced in Washington.

District officials described the teens as having violent criminal histories, and a police source told The Washington Times that Parker is a serious offender. An official in Washington told The Post and Courier that he has been charged with attempted murder.

Juvenile records are kept confidential. Parker was arrested in 2008 for fleeing a police officer, according to D.C. Superior Court records obtained by the Times, and was later found guilty of tampering with a monitoring device.

On its website, the Summerville center bills itself as offering a wide array of inpatient treatments geared to children and adolescents 6 to 17 years old. Among disorders treated are sexual aggression, substance abuse and post- traumatic stress.

4 escapees only had to scale fence | The Post and Courier, Charleston SC - News, Sports, Entertainment

It's the same article in the OP. They were not there voluntarily. They have been described as violent offenders by District Officials.

And yes, the VA certainly does treat disorders in the range of sexual aggression, substance abuse and PTSD.

Just in case anyone fell for it.

Again, just so anyone keeping up with this event understands...no one has stated that the individual was there voluntarily. In fact, it has been stated several times that he was probated. That means non-voluntary committment.

The discussion regarding the voluntary vs. probated was in relation to the mental health facility's legal obligation to report a patient missing and the difference in the obligation for a voluntary patient and a probated patient.

At any rate, this individual is likely not a risk to the community, as there is virtually no evidence that he has even approached anyone during the time that he has been missing. In fact, if he is like the vast majority of mentally ill patients receiving hospitalized treatment, he is more a danger to himself than to anyone else. That fact alone makes it important that he be found.

Teen with history of violence still on the run | News | Summerville News

Teen with history of violence still on the run
Submitted by Live 5 News Web Staff
Friday, April 22nd, 6:40 pm

A teen with a history of violence is still on the run. He's one of four teens who broke out of a behavioral health center in Summerville two days ago.

At least five agencies are on the lookout for 19-year-old Delonte Parker. That includes police in Summerville and D.C., where the teen is from.
All four were living at the Palmetto Behavioral Health Center on Midland Parkway. The center treats teen boys with sexually aggressive behaviors, drug problems and psychiatric, behavioral or conduct issues.

Investigators have not said how the teens escaped from the center.

The D.C. Youth Rehabilitation Center says they could not provide a picture of the youth because of confidentiality regulations.

Copyright WCSC 2011. All rights reserved.

And some people might have you believe it does not make a difference where he is from :roll:

You are asking "reasonable" questions to a person that cannot be reasoned with.

As much as this other joker enjoys espousing how much "wisdom" they have, both of my grandparents worked in facilities such as the one these people escaped from.

Both of them worked for the VA. My grandfather worked in the mental ward. Before he became a RN, he was the guy the nurses called to stabilize neurotic and violent patients. He once had his finger bitten off on one such call.

People are put into these facilities for a reason. Attempted murder could be one of those reasons. However much it is argued that this individual may be mentally impaired, mentally ill, or whatever, his cognitive functions worked well enough to work in a team, escape and avoid detection.

but do you have any actual experience at mental ward?

Back