The Xbox 360 Forum: News and Updates

Nathan posted in here, I moved all files from my M$ MU cards to the HD, the reason the M$ would disabling the MU card slots, that would be no more on MU cards and they would stop selling the M$ MU cards.
there is no matter what if you're wrong or right. but Honestly, you are still confusion by this.. please dont give misinformation about MS will not sell OEM MU. so where you get inform from?? or who told you that??? You better read Major Nelson's site, he is representation for MS. Therefore MS still will sell the authorized MU on market..

I think you don't understand what between terminology of unauthorized and authorized which meaning. dictionary is your bestfriend. ;)

XBGMER is right about unauthorized memory card, it means non-MS brand, such as Madcatz or Datel.

If you're a Preview Program member and you've been saving backup files from your Xbox 360 on an another storage device, read this now. This is important. An Xbox 360 system update is coming next week, and one of the changes is that all storage devices that are not officially-licensed for the Xbox 360 will no longer work with the console.

Info comes from Major Nelson himself, who posted at his blog:

When Preview Program members start receiving the Xbox 360 system update next week, one of the changes is that unauthorized Memory Units will no longer work with the Xbox 360. If you’ve moved your profile or saved games onto one to “back it up,” you’d better move it back onto an authorized Xbox 360 storage device prior to taking the update. If you continue to use an unauthorized Memory Unit after the update, you will not be able to access your stored profile or saved games.

No specific reason was given as to the change, but it does look pretty clear that you're gonna have to get an Xbox 360 storage device for that spare memory.

Xbox 360 system update to remove support for unauthorized storage devices - PC Gaming, PlayStation, Wii, Nintendo DS, Xbox 360, News, Reviews, Downloads, Custom Apps, Homebrew and much more.

If you have MS branded memory card so it should work with Xbox 360.

Nathan posted in here, I moved all files from my M$ MU cards to the HD, the reason the M$ would disabling the MU card slots, that would be no more on MU cards and they would stop selling the M$ MU cards.

I did not said that M$ will stop selling MU, I said they will only disable 3th party MUs. Only M$ branded products will work on Xbox 360

I did not said that M$ will stop selling MU, I said they will only disable 3th party MUs. Only M$ branded products will work on Xbox 360

Well, you said post in the #135;

Yep. you should move your backup back to Xbox 360 before prior to updating.
M$ only authorized and allow only made and branded no other than M$ itself. Meaning we buy their products only. M$ is getting greedier and evil.

M$ authorized just the HD, Not M$ MU cards anymore, I put my M$ MU cards into my drawer for in the future.

MOD: if the thread creates fights, mad or whatever and then please close this thread if ppls don't follow Alldeaf policy. thanks :)

Well, you said post in the #135;

Yep. you should move your backup back to Xbox 360 before prior to updating.
M$ only authorized and allow only made and branded no other than M$ itself. Meaning we buy their products only. M$ is getting greedier and evil.

M$ authorized just the HD, Not M$ MU cards anymore, I put my M$ MU cards into my drawer for in the future.

MOD: if the thread creates fights, mad or whatever and then please close this thread if ppls don't follow Alldeaf policy. thanks :)

Yes I did said that, you didn't mention you had M$ branded MU from best buy. If you have MU made by M$ then you souldn't worry. ;)

Just a common sense, I was just showing a point of view. :cool2:
:hmm: just common sense? Ha ofc I understanind your POV. but I just wanted to say it, thats all.. HA... hey none hard feeling.. ;) But I glad you are happy with mac stuff I really respect that..

Dude, Dude, C'mon... We arent going to fight with you nor hate you because of this situation.. We wanted to help you out and make sure you understanding clear what we trying to explain as rather than leaving you out. is that right? ;)

Dude, Dude, C'mon... We arent going to fight with you nor hate you because of this situation.. We wanted to help you out and make sure you understanding clear what we trying to explain as rather than leaving you out. is that right? ;)

You posted in past of message, and I am not friendly of dictionary.. I just saw Major Nelson about memory cards, most store would remove the M$ and Datel Max Memory cards (codejunkie),

Ppls who have a arcade version console already have internal MU that be okay and not the M$ memory cards. when the xbox would update and that will be DISABLED on memory card slots.

USB slots can be use for flash drive as Movies, picture and backup for Xbox system file, cannot save any games.. Maybe in the future USB would able to save games..

Huh???????

My MU card stored for offline profiles and some arcade games on MU cards too., should I move back to my xbox 360 HD or onboard MU?

Most MU cards are M$ authorized, are they going disabling the MU card slots?

You will be fine as long as the memory card is 'Microsoft', and not a 3rd party, for example, Madcatz, etc. Your Worms game will be fine. Odd that you can't transfer the game from the memory card. I wonder if you can download it from XBL onto HDD? I'm going to guess not, because you never 'purchased' it on XBL, but rather from a store, thus 'Worms' is not on your download history.

I read about that postman stealing so many games. Apparently he sold them at Gamestop for cash. I do agree, his sentence is too lenient, too light.

You will be fine as long as the memory card is 'Microsoft', and not a 3rd party, for example, Madcatz, etc. Your Worms game will be fine. Odd that you can't transfer the game from the memory card. I wonder if you can download it from XBL onto HDD? I'm going to guess not, because you never 'purchased' it on XBL, but rather from a store, thus 'Worms' is not on your download history.

I read about that postman stealing so many games. Apparently he sold them at Gamestop for cash. I do agree, his sentence is too lenient, too light.

Hi there,

well, when the xbox update it's would disabling the memory card slots, most stores would have to remove the memory cards from the shelf or racks. Most of xboxer's complains they can't use M$ memory cards or Datal Max cards.

Yes I downloaded some of XBA games, it's brand new game called Zombie Apocalypse it's pretty good game, only "boxed" area of game to keep running around the structures like circle as run a wagon around.

Yep, I saw on web news, The Feds busted him into prison from stolen video game discs.

*facepalm* at above post, I'm going make picture after update is done.

Memory card will WORKS if it is MICROSOFT, not third party, such as Datel.

*facepalm* at above post, I'm going make picture after update is done.

Memory card will WORKS if it is MICROSOFT, not third party, such as Datel.

Yup, that's my point. I have been trying to tell them but I guess some don't understand.

Here is the information to the reason why M$ diable unauthorized MU by 3rd party.
Cheaters: the reason why unauthorized storage devices are getting the boot - Xbox 360 News - QJ.NET
Nat, I agree with reviewers's comments that MS is truly LIAR! Because I got the first and second RODD console without the third party such unauthorized MU, etc... MS trying to blame the third party which might destory 360 console. Plus I havent heard the cheaters use the unauthorized MU to cheathing anythings. MS didnot banned them online for mulitplayers while they use the unauthorized MU. Like MS did banned some use MOD CHIP XBOX from their accounts.. MS is bullcrap..

Nat, I agree with reviewers's comments that MS is truly LIAR! Because I got the first and second RODD console without the third party such unauthorized MU, etc... MS trying to blame the third party which might destory 360 console. Plus I havent heard the cheaters use the unauthorized MU to cheathing anythings. MS didnot banned them online for mulitplayers while they use the unauthorized MU. Like MS did banned some use MOD CHIP XBOX from their accounts.. MS is bullcrap..

Oh yea, M$ dislikes a modded chips as Extreme Xbox and other embbed software that runs on the xboxes as Linux and other brewed system.. I saw Llamma site about modded chips. I really don't need a modded chip, and I just want to get replacements parts for older xbox console, but it's already dead xbox.

Codejunkies software for Windows, they uses downloaded codes from the website and transferred to the MU.. I used be on Codejunkie software to downloaded to my older black MU (Older black bulky xbox). M$ thinks unauthorized or modded MU bans from using it. that's BS on M$ greedy.. It's a SOFTWARE from codejunkie could be blammed it..

Back