The Xbox 360 Forum: News and Updates

He might have got his xbox live acct banned if he actually modded his Xbox360...Microsoft went on a banning spree today to find people who use modded consoles with pirated games and such.

That's not mod chip, MS don't know if you are just modding the case only or use Xbox 360 in cold liquid so nothing to shown up in MS server when MS detect the mod chips.

You are just fine to change the cases and left internal hardware unchange.

Hey xbox dudes & chics,

WTF:

Official Microsoft Policy: If You a Buy a Used Xbox 360 That's Banned From Xbox Live, You're Just Screwed...

what if you, randoms, or your friends who can't afford to buy new console, they wanted to buy ole console from randoms or your friends friend.. you ignorant that console had been BANNED from xbox live by random who sold you.. MS don't care if you bought it, but they would be considerate console is permnant banned for good! then, you SCREWED UP.. Now I think there is not SAFE to buy ole console from RANDOM!
MS is F#@king crazy!

Hey xbox dudes & chics,

WTF:

Official Microsoft Policy: If You a Buy a Used Xbox 360 That's Banned From Xbox Live, You're Just Screwed...

what if you, randoms, or your friends who can't afford to buy new console, they wanted to buy ole console from randoms or your friends friend.. you ignorant that console had been BANNED from xbox live by random who sold you.. MS don't care if you bought it, but they would be considerate console is permnant banned for good! then, you SCREWED UP.. Now I think there is not SAFE to buy ole console from RANDOM!
MS is F#@king crazy!

lol, not good move for Gamestop or pawn shop.

Most pawnshops test their consoles before forking money in my experience...

Gamestop and EB sure don't though...

Hey xbox dudes & chics,

WTF:

MS is F#@king crazy!

Only if they are planning to play the pirated games without Xbox LIVE. If Xbox LIVE players bought those banned consoles, they are screwed. UNLESS... Microsoft have ability to deactivate the illegal Xbox 360s, prevent them from functioning.
Be careful with PC games too. Discs with ID codes can be banned too. That why I prefer new, unopened packages over the used games or consoles.

Heard they are already working on CRYSIS 2 which would be coming to xbox360 and PS3...so why not the original to the consoles as well?

Yes but i aint exciting about CRYSIS for xbox 360.. crysis should stay on PC version. MS rodded pc developers who created games for PC only. MS wanted pc developers make games for console, because MS knew some games are top seller for PC, they have chance to steal pc developers for console version games.. Because $$$$$$$.. :(

they working crysis 2 on new CRYTEK 3 engines for console and pc and release crysis 2 in 2010. plus i heard that crysis 2 with trilogy for console..

anyway I enough you get crysis for PC instead of waiting for crysis 2 out launch for console version. Plus you will know what Crysis storyline on PC you play before you buy crysis 2.. ;)

Yes but i aint exciting about CRYSIS for xbox 360.. crysis should stay on PC version. MS rodded pc developers who created games for PC only. MS wanted pc developers make games for console, because MS knew some games are top seller for PC, they have chance to steal pc developers for console version games.. Because $$$$$$$.. :(

they working crysis 2 on new CRYTEK 3 engines for console and pc and release crysis 2 in 2010. plus i heard that crysis 2 with trilogy for console..

anyway I enough you get crysis for PC instead of waiting for crysis 2 out launch for console version. Plus you will know what Crysis storyline on PC you play before you buy crysis 2.. ;)

Yup, I had heard about it in few days ago and learn about why Crysis don't release to console due existing engine is only written for PC.

Yup, I had heard about it in few days ago and learn about why Crysis don't release to console due existing engine is only written for PC.
Yeah me too i am still wondering why since crysis had XInput drivers for X360 controller in 2007 or 2008. I wondering why crysis 2? why not they say "crysis 3" instead of 2?

I kind of have a bad feeling abt this...cause Microsoft may actually win on this case.

Because Microsoft manufactured the console, so they actually have their rights to do what they want their console to be before they sell to the public.

So...yeah it sucks.

I kind of have a bad feeling abt this...cause Microsoft may actually win on this case.

Because Microsoft manufactured the console, so they actually have their rights to do what they want their console to be before they sell to the public.

So...yeah it sucks.

I doubtfully because of anti-trust.

Only if they are planning to play the pirated games without Xbox LIVE. If Xbox LIVE players bought those banned consoles, they are screwed. UNLESS... Microsoft have ability to deactivate the illegal Xbox 360s, prevent them from functioning.
Be careful with PC games too. Discs with ID codes can be banned too. That why I prefer new, unopened packages over the used games or consoles.
Deathpit, Yes, thats sad and crazy! I feel that MS force customers buy new console instead of used console. if they can't afford to buy new one.

Yeah Your own preference entitle a new, unopened package.. Umm Do you buy item from ebay or craigslist?

No fussy, I do buy the used games or new games, I haven't problem with it... Honestly I bought the pre-owner PSP and using it lot without shutdown nor issue. I am happy with it. but I wont buy the used xbox 360 console from random or pawnshop.

Deathpit, Yes, thats sad and crazy! I feel that MS force customers buy new console instead of used console. if they can't afford to buy new one.

Yeah Your own preference entitle a new, unopened package.. Umm Do you buy item from ebay or craigslist?

No fussy, I do buy the used games or new games, I haven't problem with it... Honestly I bought the pre-owner PSP and using it lot without shutdown nor issue. I am happy with it. but I wont buy the used xbox 360 console from random or pawnshop.

I can buy new and latest PC games at local stores if they have them available. If not, I go on internet and grab them for cheap and good S&H. As for old games (DOS and Windows 95/98), I use eBay or Amazon. I only buy them from sellers in United States with good feedbacks.

Hey everyone!!,

Since it's my first Xbox to fix.

A friend of mine brought over his Xbox 360 for me to fix. He said that when he powered on and it show red ring. It won't play games. I asked him if the game CD legit? He said yes it was legit, he purchased it from store. Nothing illegal and his son didn't hook up to the network. He said that it had problem previously. He wonder if it need to clean out dust inside of it which might cause problem. I told him I assumed that because Xbox runs hot. Because I have air compressor and he wanted me to blow dust out and clean it.

The only problem is that how do I crack the case open!?? I'm not going to use crowbar to pry it out. If anyone have cracked the case open, Where should I start with. I already know how to pop off the SATA hard drive case on top of Xbox with push of button. That's all I know and nothing more. :shrug:

Suggestion??

Catty

Hey everyone!!,

A friend of mine brought over his Xbox 360 for me to fix. He said that when he powered on and it show red ring. It won't play games. I asked him if the game CD legit? He said yes it was legit, he purchased it from store. Nothing illegal and his son didn't hook up to the network. He said that it had problem previously. He wonder if it need to clean out dust inside of it which might cause problem. I told him I assumed that because Xbox runs hot. Because I have air compressor and he wanted me to blow dust out and clean it.

The only problem is that how do I crack the case open!?? I'm not going to use crowbar to pry it out. If anyone have cracked the case open, Where should I start with. I already know how to pop off the SATA hard drive case on top of Xbox with push of button. That's all I know and nothing more. :shrug:

Suggestion??

Catty

Only way is take your chainsaw to cut it off. :hmm: :laugh2: Just kidding, just kidding. :rofl:

Here's your tutorial:
How to open/dissassemble a 360 case

Hey everyone!!,

Suggestion??

Catty

Let me google that for you

Back