The world's second-ever octuplets were born

I'm assuming she's got insurance for medical bills since she was getting treatments.

I highly doubt the insurance will cover 100% of the 8 babies' medical bills since they were prematures, and they could end up with serious medical problems and birth defects and other problems. Insurance companies often balk at that kind of bills, and I am pretty sure the insurance will NOT cover much for the 8 babies, plus the insurance premiums would be skyhigh.

And what was she doing getting fertility treatments if she's already got 6 kids? I am rather surprised the fertility treatment clinic agreed to give her the fertility drugs if they already knew she's already had 6 kids.

Yeah well I only want two kids someday, and NOT twins! One baby at a time! And maybe about 4 or 5 years apart so I would have time between each baby, and that way, the older child would already be in school by the time the second baby is born, so it would be easier to handle.

I am only replying to you cause I think you should keep an open mind. What if god for bid you end up pregnant right now (the only guarteed of that not happening is not having sex) with twins..would you abort? give up 1 or both for adoption? You will never know what you'll do till you are faced with the decison. And you don't always have control (inless you aren't having sex). I was on birth control when I got pregnant 1 year after my middle son was born, I didn't plan it I didn't want it (till after it happened). I was hoping to wait for 3 or so years b/c it was okay when the two older ones being 3 years apart. All I'm asking is to keep an open mind. you'll never know what you will be dealt.

baby every couple years is still a big job. In old time - it's because everybody helped out... since most women stay home while husbands work. Nowadays.... you're pretty much on your own. it's hard enough to raise even 1 child. How depressing is that?

the image of 8 screaming, crying, pooping, puking babies at once... :barf:

That's true. And right now, the economy sucks, so people probably will limit their family sizes to only a couple kids now. In the past, people would have large families - hence the baby boomers - but now people are limiting their family sizes due to financial and physical reasons and possibly other reasons.

LOL the famous Jiro line...

well theres one thing.. with all those kids you can start your own soccer and basketball teams!

arnold_stfu.jpg

I am only replying to you cause I think you should keep an open mind. What if god for bid you end up pregnant right now (the only guarteed of that not happening is not having sex) with twins..would you abort? give up 1 or both for adoption? You will never know what you'll do till you are faced with the decison. And you don't always have control (inless you aren't having sex). I was on birth control when I got pregnant 1 year after my middle son was born, I didn't plan it I didn't want it (till after it happened). I was hoping to wait for 3 or so years b/c it was okay when the two older ones being 3 years apart. All I'm asking is to keep an open mind. you'll never know what you will be dealt.

I would keep twins because they are still do-able with my fiance. But 8 babies? No. If I had 8 babies, I would give up most or all for ADOPTIONS. I would arrange adoptions so that they would have homes to go to when they are big enough and healthy enough to leave the hospital. I cannot keep 8 babies. I cannot take care of 8 babies all at the same time. Even with my fiance. I don't think I would be able to keep my sanity if I kept all 8. I am NOT giving up my sanity just because some people think it is WRONG to adopt out the babies I give birth to if I feel I cannot handle taking care of all 8 of them at the same time. I do not want to end up like that woman here in Texas who drowned all 5 of her kids. (Yes, I know she didn't have all 5 at once, but you see where I am coming from). My sanity is rather important to me, so I would rather do what I can handle. Taking on all 8 babies all at once will destroy my sanity. Is it really worth it to give up my sanity? I don't think so.

Abortions? I don't even know. That is something that I and my fiance would have to discuss if we are faced with this situation. That is a possibility. I will NOT say that I WON'T do it if I am faced with having 8 babies. If it was two babies, I wouldn't abort. But 8 babies. Maybe. But I would NOT keep all of the babies, I would find adoptive families for all or most of the babies. I don't see how that is so wrong. Secretblend is acting like it is the most worst sin ever. :roll:

I am being realistic about my ability to care for 8 babies at the same time.

I would keep twins because they are still do-able with my fiance. But 8 babies? No. If I had 8 babies, I would give up most or all for ADOPTIONS. I would arrange adoptions so that they would have homes to go to when they are big enough and healthy enough to leave the hospital. I cannot keep 8 babies. I cannot take care of 8 babies all at the same time. Even with my fiance. I don't think I would be able to keep my sanity if I kept all 8. I am NOT giving up my sanity just because some people think it is WRONG to adopt out the babies I give birth to if I feel I cannot handle taking care of all 8 of them at the same time. I do not want to end up like that woman here in Texas who drowned all 5 of her kids. (Yes, I know she didn't have all 5 at once, but you see where I am coming from). My sanity is rather important to me, so I would rather do what I can handle. Taking on all 8 babies all at once will destroy my sanity. Is it really worth it to give up my sanity? I don't think so.

Abortions? I don't even know. That is something that I and my fiance would have to discuss if we are faced with this situation. That is a possibility. I will NOT say that I WON'T do it if I am faced with having 8 babies. If it was two babies, I wouldn't abort. But 8 babies. Maybe. But I would NOT keep all of the babies, I would find adoptive families for all or most of the babies. I don't see how that is so wrong. Secretblend is acting like it is the most worst sin ever. :roll:

I am being realistic about my ability to care for 8 babies at the same time.

I didn't mean for you to post your plans if it happened,,just simply think about it. I know I suffered from PD when I had my middle son and got worse after the 3rd..hense the meds I'm on. I of course couldn't take care of 8 babies myself so therefore I wouldn't do the treatment. She thinks she can do it more power to her

I didn't mean for you to post your plans if it happened,,just simply think about it. I know I suffered from PD when I had my middle son and got worse after the 3rd..hense the meds I'm on. I of course couldn't take care of 8 babies myself so therefore I wouldn't do the treatment. She thinks she can do it more power to her

what's PD? to me - it's Police Department.

Postmortem depression. Might be wrong spelling but the general idea is there.

Back