The world's second-ever octuplets were born

I know I wouldn't. Even when I was pregnant with my third child (and I was on birthcontrol pills) I considered adoption but I couldn't see how I could just hand over my child as long as I could provide a home and their needs and love..

Can you provide, feed, clothe, care for all 8 babies plus pay all their MEDICAL BILLS? I'd love to hear your answer on that!

I don't think I could! :shock:

Can you provide, feed, clothe, care for all 8 babies plus pay all their MEDICAL BILLS? I'd love to hear your answer on that!

I don't think I could! :shock:

That's the thing, you always find a way! Right now, I can't imagine taking care of one child. However, I see alot of family taking care of few kids with less than I have.

Yea right! Once you have your own child, your view would change. The truth is, NO you wouldn't!

I'm ashamed now cause you are considered part of human race.

8 kids? Not all the the same time. Do you really think I can handle taking care of, feeding, clothing, and handling 8 babies all at once, and pay for all their food and clothes and medical bills? Really? I don't think I could! I don't think I should keep all the babies if I cannot take care of, feed, clothe, handle all 8 babies all at once and keep up with all the food and medical bills. That is a hell of a lot to handle!

That's the thing, you always find a way! Right now, I can't imagine taking care of one child. However, I see alot of family taking care of few kids with less than I have.

Tell me how would I pay for ALL the medical bills for EIGHT babies? The bills would be in the millions. What job can I take that would pay me well enough to pay all their medical bills? Tell me.

the only way (probably) to conceive 8 babies is to have fertility treatments done. If they can't afford to feed, cloth etc all the babies I'm sure she wouldn't have done the treatments. And once again you'll always find a way..there's garage sales, second hand shops etc.

Tell me how would I pay for ALL the medical bills for EIGHT babies? The bills would be in the millions. What job can I take that would pay me well enough to pay all their medical bills? Tell me.

usually thru donations. for publicity purpose - some companies like Huggies would donate year-worth of diapers. I saw in the documentary of other family with sextuplets (or whatever). The people donated a school bus to them and the locals donated some extra clothes/food to them every week at their doorstep.

I think this woman should offer the octuplets to families who want to adopt. She should not get to keep the octuplets. (I am not saying they should be in foster care). They should be arranged so that when the octuplets become big enough and healthy enough to leave the hospital, to go directly to families who are willing to adopt them. Each adoptive family should get 1 baby each. Unfortunately, I do not think there are many families that want to adopt...they usually prefer to give birth to their own baby. So, this is a rather very unfair situation for the octuplets and for the families that do not get to carry their own babies.

but there are many many parents in other countries who can raise 6+ children easily

usually thru donations. for publicity purpose - some companies like Huggies would donate year-worth of diapers. I saw in the documentary of other family with sextuplets (or whatever). The people donated a school bus to them and the locals donated some extra clothes/food to them every week at their doorstep.

Even with all that, I do not think I can physically handle 8 babies...taking care of them, feeding them, etc. It is a LOT of work. I would be stressed and tired all the time. No thanks!

but there are many many parents in other countries who can raise 6+ children easily

Yep..I'm sure if you have cable you see something about 18 and counting on TLC. Well that's about a family here where I'm at that has 18 kids (well 19 now) and NO debt..Just built a huge house and blabla bla with out ANY debt..

if you look in your bookstores they've just wrote a book about raising that many kids

Even with all that, I do not think I can physically handle 8 babies...taking care of them, feeding them, etc. It is a LOT of work. I would be stressed and tired all the time. No thanks!

yea it's not for all. but that's the thing about "community." Everybody helps out. For me - I'll stick with maximum of 3 kids (not triplets!!)

Yes, but not all at once. One child every other year is do-able. But 8 babies all at once? No way! My grandmother had 7 children, but she did not have them all at once. She had a baby every couple of years, so that is why she was able to handle it. I don't think I can handle 8 screaming, crying, pooping, puking babies all at once.

Yep..I'm sure if you have cable you see something about 18 and counting on TLC. Well that's about a family here where I'm at that has 18 kids (well 19 now) and NO debt..Just built a huge house and blabla bla with out ANY debt..

if you look in your bookstores they've just wrote a book about raising that many kids

oh yes - I believe I saw it on TLC channel. It was quite a while back. I was :-o that mother can even feed enough for her family while spending MUCH LESS than my food bill per week!!!! :-o

it's everyone's choice how many they have or if they should have more (the one's that are able to have more)

oh yes - I believe I saw it on TLC channel. It was quite a while back. I was :-o that mother can even feed enough for her family while spending MUCH LESS than my food bill per week!!!! :-o

I drive by their house alot..And I'm just shocked..I give them kuddoes for being able to do it

yea it's not for all. but that's the thing about "community." Everybody helps out. For me - I'll stick with maximum of 3 kids (not triplets!!)

Yeah well I only want two kids someday, and NOT twins! One baby at a time! And maybe about 4 or 5 years apart so I would have time between each baby, and that way, the older child would already be in school by the time the second baby is born, so it would be easier to handle.

Yes, but not all at once. One child every other year is do-able. But 8 babies all at once? No way! My grandmother had 7 children, but she did not have them all at once. She had a baby every couple of years, so that is why she was able to handle it. I don't think I can handle 8 screaming, crying, pooping, puking babies all at once.

baby every couple years is still a big job. In old time - it's because everybody helped out... since most women stay home while husbands work. Nowadays.... you're pretty much on your own. it's hard enough to raise even 1 child. How depressing is that?

the image of 8 screaming, crying, pooping, puking babies at once... :barf:

baby every couple years is still a big job. In old time - it's because everybody helped out... since most women stay home while husbands work. Nowadays.... you're pretty much on your own. it's hard enough to raise even 1 child. How depressing is that?

the image of 8 screaming, crying, pooping, puking babies at once... :barf:

OMG that is funny

Back