The world's second-ever octuplets were born

Sara,

I already reported on you because you did not respect MY THREAD! Thank you!!!

thanks for that! but i can ingore to AD members to blames at me i dont like that.

The medical ethicists are speaking out strongly against this being allowed to happen.

Agreed! Today, the technologies are amazing!

Well, actually what they are saying is, if this was in vitro fertilization, standards of practice say that no more than 4 embryos, preferably less, are to be implanted at the same time because of the huge risk to the woman and the fetuses.

Then, they say if she was taking drugs to stimulate ovulation, the standard of practice says that the number of eggs about to be released can be seen on a sonogram, and that she should have been checked and told to refrain from intercourse because of the huge risk.

Well, actually what they are saying is, if this was in vitro fertilization, standards of practice say that no more than 4 embryos, preferably less, are to be implanted at the same time because of the huge risk to the woman and the fetuses.

Then, they say if she was taking drugs to stimulate ovulation, the standard of practice says that the number of eggs about to be released can be seen on a sonogram, and that she should have been checked and told to refrain from intercourse because of the huge risk.

what if she'd been implanted with multiple fertilized eggs, as they do to insure that at least one "takes", and they all "took"?

8 is way too many. I know some women refuse to abort a few when there are multiple fetuses, but keeping them all increases the risk of severe birth defects in all of them, not to mention the risk to the mother. I wonder how much money caring for all of those kids in the NICU is costing the parents' insurance company? Maybe she's hoping to get a TV show like "Jon & Kate Plus 8".

what if she'd been implanted with multiple fertilized eggs, as they do to insure that at least one "takes", and they all "took"?

8 is way too many. I know some women refuse to abort a few when there are multiple fetuses, but keeping them all increases the risk of severe birth defects in all of them, not to mention the risk to the mother. I wonder how much money caring for all of those kids in the NICU is costing the parents' insurance company? Maybe she's hoping to get a TV show like "Jon & Kate Plus 8".

Please read the first part of my post. Practice standards are to never implant more than 4 embryos because of the huge risk to woman and fetuses.

There would have been no need to abort any of the fetuses had practice standards been adhered to. That is one of the main points the ethicists are bring up. There are ways to do in vitro and also to use fertilization drugs without creating the risk that was created for both this woman and the fetuses.

The NICU expenses will be in the untold millions, no doubt. And we don't know what lasting negative effects there may be on the babies, and how much additional medical costs will be incurred as a result.

True! I agreed....I don't know if she took any drugs to get pregnant or unexpected to have that many on her own. It can happen. I don't believe to abort the babies inside me if I carry many.
Please read the first part of my post. Practice standards are to never implant more than 4 embryos because of the huge risk to woman and fetuses.

There would have been no need to abort any of the fetuses had practice standards been adhered to. That is one of the main points the ethicists are bring up. There are ways to do in vitro and also to use fertilization drugs without creating the risk that was created for both this woman and the fetuses.

The NICU expenses will be in the untold millions, no doubt. And we don't know what lasting negative effects there may be on the babies, and how much additional medical costs will be incurred as a result.

you'd risk dying in order to bring more than half a dozen babies into the world without a mother?

i can add more stories in world im really wanted in thread please but dont blame for that.

Seriously, you are annoying me and we don't need see too many links that you sent.

STOP IT and respect to thread creator, I means it!

Oh interesting, it's my first time to see story about octuplets and should be rare for sure.

Thats really amazing about the mother that has 8 babies. I have seen many mothers who have more than 8 babies.. its really interesting about their body handling pregnancy and etc... I wish I had that in my body so I can have many babies I want in the future because I love kids. :) The kids are a blast!

True! I agreed....I don't know if she took any drugs to get pregnant or unexpected to have that many on her own. It can happen. I don't believe to abort the babies inside me if I carry many.

The chances of someone carrying 8 fetuses without either IV or ovulation stimulating drugs is astronomical. It would be one chance in the billions.

The interesting quote in this article is "no documented cases of naturally conceived octuplets."

Looks like some doctors may be looking forward to ethical violations.

I just FOUND out that the mother just had 8 babies, and she ALREADY had 6 kids! So that is 14 kids and NO FATHER! :thud: And my best friend saw on News and told me that reporter went where she lived and found out that she had 6 kids before having Octuplets.

More about Octuplets

Congratulations mother of 8!

I feel sorry for this women with so many kids. I read those last two articles and some of the comments on them are very mean spirited.

I think it's great that she kept the babies although it's strange that she should have been on firtility drugs in the first place if she already had 6 children.

Congratulations mother of 8!

I feel sorry for this women with so many kids. I read those last two articles and some of the comments on them are very mean spirited.

I think it's great that she kept the babies although it's strange that she should have been on firtility drugs in the first place if she already had 6 children.

The likelyhood that these children will be healthy is extremely low. They will probably be profoundly hanicapped. I think it is cruel to hurt so many children for no reason. Why would someone choose to do this to their children? Plus, how many people keep high order multiples and then just loose them all?

I just FOUND out that the mother just had 8 babies, and she ALREADY had 6 kids! So that is 14 kids and NO FATHER! :thud: And my best friend saw on News and told me that reporter went where she lived and found out that she had 6 kids before having Octuplets.

More about Octuplets

Oh my gosh!!! :eek3:

Back