The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must say, I had a close call on friday night last week, very very close to have a collison. Which means, I almost crashed my car to the other one on friday night. I was driving normally, and suddenly the car in front of me, stopped suddenly, and I was like, WTF! I slammed my brakes and the clutch at the same time, and swivelled the car to the left, where my car went to the dunk instead of crashing into the car, but it was a grassy dunk and I made it, didnt even get a single stratch or anything, and then I drove the car back onto the road and continued. Whew!

YIKES! What a scary moments! I bet your heart racing so fast!!!! :shock:
I must say, I had a close call on friday night last week, very very close to have a collison. Which means, I almost crashed my car to the other one on friday night. I was driving normally, and suddenly the car in front of me, stopped suddenly, and I was like, WTF! I slammed my brakes and the clutch at the same time, and swivelled the car to the left, where my car went to the dunk instead of crashing into the car, but it was a grassy dunk and I made it, didnt even get a single stratch or anything, and then I drove the car back onto the road and continued. Whew!

Going to miss seeing my dad tomorrow. He, my mom, my sister and her hubby and both kids are under quarantine. The kids have the H1N1 Swine Flu! So all of them have been exposed to it from the kids so we are not doing a Father's Day thing tomorrow. :(

aww im so sorry to hear that. hope they all are feeling better soon. Poor them.

You were lucky! Did you figure out why they stopped?

It was not okay that JClarke was in danger of that situation. I would be so pissed off at the driver. I would look fast to see the license plate and report it to the police. It is probably not that easy, and maybe a police don't give a damn about it.

That has to be a very harrowing experience for u!

I had a similar experience like that a month ago. It was my fault..I turned to say something to my son and when I turned back, all of sudden the car in front of me was approach at lightning speed so I slammed on my brakes and skidded to the shoulder nearly hitting the guardrail.

It was not okay that JClarke was in danger of that situation. I would be so pissed off at the driver. I would look fast to see the license plate and report it to the police. It is probably not that easy, and maybe a police don't give a damn about it.

yep you're right. police can't do nothing about it. the best they can do is record the complaint and review the driver's history. if it's clean, you're shit out of luck. if he's got history of DUI - you might have a case. That's why I'm installing camera on my bike. :mad2: I was supposed to do that on weekend but... it was raining and I slept 90% of my time... damn cough medicine :mad2:

That has to be a very harrowing experience for u!

I had a similar experience like that a month ago. It was my fault..I turned to say something to my son and when I turned back, all of sudden the car in front of me was approach at lightning speed so I slammed on my brakes and skidded to the shoulder nearly hitting the guardrail.

:-o

I know...for sure my SUV would have been totalled cuz I was going 55 mph. Someone would have most likely have gotten seriously hurt also. I was very very lucky. I put like 3 cars distance between myself and the other car but traffic just came to a complete stop without warning. Geez!

I know...for sure my SUV would have been totalled cuz I was going 55 mph. Someone would have most likely have gotten seriously hurt also. I was very very lucky. I put like 3 cars distance between myself and the other car but traffic just came to a complete stop without warning. Geez!

that's why German car manufacturer was very clever about it couple years ago. All latest german cars in Germany now emit rapid blinking braking light at sudden stop. If it's a normal braking, it does not emit rapid-blinking light. Clever, right?

Too bad American DOT does not allow it. I'm not sure why. :dunno:

that's why German car manufacturer was very clever about it couple years ago. All latest german cars in Germany now emit rapid blinking braking light at sudden stop. If it's a normal braking, it does not emit rapid-blinking light. Clever, right?

Too bad American DOT does not allow it. I'm not sure why. :dunno:

My SUV is a Hyundai...Japanese, I believe.

Hyundia is a Korean car. So are Daewoo and Kia. Get it right :mad2:

j/k

And Hyundai and KIA have the reputation of the cleanest factories in the world.

I have KIA>

really? cool. what kind of Kia? I like Kia Sorento

Spectra. It was the best buy. I actually wanted the cute little Rio station wagon, but the salesman was determined we would buy Spectra.

It is three years old and we have had no problems with it.

Next time though I am thinking of Scion because I like the design.

Or a Kia Soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back