The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, and my icemaker broke. Gotta make ice the old-fashioned way with ice cube trays :lol:

:lol:

I started using those again for a while, when I moved. Then I thought!

Why not just go to Hubby's and Father in Laws business, at the shop, and swipe some ice from there. :giggle: and that is what I have been doing for ice! :D

I usually just take a small cooler and fill it up. Dump it in the ice bucket and put it in the freezer.

I hate running out of ice!

It is very hot and heat in Las Vegas about 100 F this week during my vacation week. I will return home to Ohio on Friday.

Florida has been sooo Hot and Humid!

Warnings have been placed for the past week. Since it has been so hot and humid. our bodies can not cool off since the evaporation off the skin is what enable people to cool off, been to humid for that. Heat warnings have been places just about everywhere in the south east.

Thunderstorms have been another issue. But I welcome them! releif for my A/C unit from working in overdrive!

Hate to see what my electric bill will be next month, :(

Just finished mowing the front and back yards, gardening, and cleaning up. Boy, I am sweating! It is not hot but just very humid.

I noticed big smoke from forest before going to Grand Canyon. I first been seen small forest fire when driving on road. awful smoke. Wow! Awful smoke.

Florida has been sooo Hot and Humid!

Warnings have been placed for the past week. Since it has been so hot and humid. our bodies can not cool off since the evaporation off the skin is what enable people to cool off, been to humid for that. Heat warnings have been places just about everywhere in the south east.

Thunderstorms have been another issue. But I welcome them! releif for my A/C unit from working in overdrive!

Hate to see what my electric bill will be next month, :(

better start improving your insulation and seal the leak.

better start improving your insulation and seal the leak.

We have had a few old windows replaced, with insulated glass as well, the double glassed windows..

The insulation in the attic is awesome from what Hubby said.

So it will be a wait and see game..

Only if I can keep my kids from running in and out of the house! :mad2:

We have had a few old windows replaced, with insulated glass as well, the double glassed windows..

The insulation in the attic is awesome from what Hubby said.

So it will be a wait and see game..

Only if I can keep my kids from running in and out of the house! :mad2:

ah.... I see. my home has tons of air leaks. :mad2:

ah.... I see. my home has tons of air leaks. :mad2:

Dang! Invest into some weather strips. Put them in the doors and windows.

I have actually seen some neighbors put til foil on the west side of their windows.

:lol: I was like WTF! They said it reflects the heat outside of their home.

Hey.. If my bill gets high.. I will do the same!! :giggle:

Dang! Invest into some weather strips. Put them in the doors and windows.

I have actually seen some neighbors put til foil on the west side of their windows.

:lol: I was like WTF! They said it reflects the heat outside of their home.

Hey.. If my bill gets high.. I will do the same!! :giggle:

wow tin foil as heat deflector? that's actually good DIY idea! Might make you look :crazy: like government or alien is spying on you but hey - at least they get the last laugh when other people are paying $$$$$$$$$$$$ for utility bills :lol:

I did consider using weather strips but.... I..... just... never got around to it... :Oops:

wow tin foil as heat deflector? that's actually good DIY idea! Might make you look :crazy: like government or alien is spying on you but hey - at least they get the last laugh when other people are paying $$$$$$$$$$$$ for utility bills :lol:

I did consider using weather strips but.... I..... just... never got around to it... :Oops:

Then get busy!!! :lol:

I am sitting under the A/C and about to run out to play some footy with my DD. Woot.

Not as hot today. Thank goodness!

I have my thermostat set to between 76 to 78. To keep it from running full blast.

When I go to work, I push it up to about 82 to 85. Just enough to keep the house cool when we get home.

Today was my first day of my summer teaching job. No kids..just inservice and getting the classrooms ready. I had to go back to the deaf school to get my things to bring to the public school and after 20 mins of unloading stuff, I got so weak and dizzy. This f&^%^$%*()(*^ flu is really pissing me off! I am tired of having no energy for anything!!!! :mad:

Today was my first day of my summer teaching job. No kids..just inservice and getting the classrooms ready. I had to go back to the deaf school to get my things to bring to the public school and after 20 mins of unloading stuff, I got so weak and dizzy. This f&^%^$%*()(*^ flu is really pissing me off! I am tired of having no energy for anything!!!! :mad:

Wow! Already! When does school start back up for you guys? (kids included)

Give it time.. Takes a while to restore you energy from being sick.

Wow! Already! When does school start back up for you guys? (kids included)

Give it time.. Takes a while to restore you energy from being sick.

I just teach summer school starting today until the end of July and then have 3 weeks off until school starts. School starts the week before Labor Day Weekend. I only work 5 hours a day..I am off at 12:40 so not bad.

Reunion is on tonight! :hyper:

I am going to enjoy this - definitely. Why? Becuase my mum found an old movie in a DVD that included the kids (us) performing an play and one boy (one of the ex students) was acting as a girl there, there will be absolutey be some laughter :laugh2:

I just teach summer school starting today until the end of July and then have 3 weeks off until school starts. School starts the week before Labor Day Weekend. I only work 5 hours a day..I am off at 12:40 so not bad.

Summer school, is no longer an option in Florida. :( It was cut a few years ago.

Summer school, is no longer an option in Florida. :( It was cut a few years ago.

Really? We just started our summer school 6 years ago due to a lawsuit filed by one of our student's parents. The state was forced to adopt it. GOOD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back