The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.
My tonsillitis still hasn't gone :( I've had to call in sick today. I feel bad about it, but I don't want it to flare up again like Tuesday night when I was out for dinner with friends - woke up yesterday morning with a high temperature. Have to stay away from kids in order to prevent it from spreading.

I had an interesting day so far. I decided to rearrange my house and get rid of all the stuff I'm never gonna use again, like CDs and stereo system, etc.. I got my apartment looking pretty spiffy if you ask me, but there's just one more item. My phone sort of sticks out there. I haven't touched it or heard it ring in probably over 6 months, and I doubt anybody has ever used it since then. All hearing people who visit at my house have their own cell phones. I guess I'll get rid of that. Shame. It was a nice phone.

I was gonna decorate for Christmas, but there's plenty of time for that. Today, I've run out of time. It's time for me to go down and try to help my mom learn to sign. We've decided to start spending half an hour each day to practice signing. Yesterday, it took me half an hour to tell her I went to the store and bought cornstarch and pumpkin to make a pumpkin pie with pastry crust for Halloween. Let's hope today is more productive. She seriously needs to work on her fingerspelling. I have to sit there and show her each letter for like 5 seconds before she gets it. I should be done with the whole sentence in the time it takes to show her one letter. She knows about a hundred signs, so I have to mostly fingerspell to her.

I don't want to seem obtuse, but you are late deafened. You should just speak to her for quick communication. You could probably teach her signs faster that way too.

Yes it is better to have sex even if infrequently - Jiro is one of these ahem you know virgins :D therefore hethinks im lucky!

Jiro, a virgin? :laugh2:

He is a scorpio, which incidentally--Happy Birthday--he is the master of sexual relations.....

I don't want to seem obtuse, but you are late deafened. You should just speak to her for quick communication. You could probably teach her signs faster that way too.

You are correct, I am, but I thought this would also help to improve her reception with fingerspelling. She has shown considerable improvement since yesterday, so I think these half-hour sessions will help a lot. I'm hoping to have her comfortable with signing by Christmas. It may sound selfish, but I want this for myself. If I can't communicate with my family, this will not be a very happy Christmas for me. Yes, I can talk, and I can read lips to some diminishing degree, but I want to be able to communicate without effort as I have always been able to before. I believe it is possible, and my family seems to have a desire to learn. My ASL teacher lost his hearing when he was about 8 years old, but he had a rule in his class that there was to be no verbal communication during class time. All I'm asking for is 30 minutes per day of no talking because I found that helped our class learn rapidly, and I think it will help my family in the same way by forcing them to use what they have learned instead of rely on my ability to lipread.

You are correct, I am, but I thought this would also help to improve her reception with fingerspelling. She has shown considerable improvement since yesterday, so I think these half-hour sessions will help a lot. I'm hoping to have her comfortable with signing by Christmas. It may sound selfish, but I want this for myself. If I can't communicate with my family, this will not be a very happy Christmas for me. Yes, I can talk, and I can read lips to some diminishing degree, but I want to be able to communicate without effort as I have always been able to before. I believe it is possible, and my family seems to have a desire to learn. My ASL teacher lost his hearing when he was about 8 years old, but he had a rule in his class that there was to be no verbal communication during class time. All I'm asking for is 30 minutes per day of no talking because I found that helped our class learn rapidly, and I think it will help my family in the same way by forcing them to use what they have learned instead of rely on my ability to lipread.

I can see your point, SimplyMints. When I started learning tactile sign in 1995, my sign language instructor had a rule that there was to be absolutely *no* talking during our one hour long lessons. My sign language instrucor would sign a particular word and then I would fingerspell the correct word back to her. She also fingerspelled a word and I signed it back. This was difficult for me in the beginning (since my first instict was to respond by voice), but I slowly began to improve and it became easier for me to naturally respond in sign.

Jiro, a virgin? :laugh2:

He is a scorpio, which incidentally--Happy Birthday--he is the master of sexual relations.....

:cool2: but it's not my birthday yet.

i am still figuring it out what is the difference between: few rain and few showers?!?! [tv news anchor dude said that, i was like wtf?!]

:confused:

Thank god Friday is here, but still sick :S

I have to start spring cleaning my room this weekend... how exciting.

I think my next phone is gonna have to have a more robust vibrator. It's hard to tell if it's my imagination or if it's really vibrating.

i just do surf and change background from myspace since it's almost 230am which i can't sleep! :eek3: no wondering i m drink iced coffee :-X

Oh gosh.

What a crazy afternoon I've had.

My computer had a major system crash. I had to reinstall windows - lucky the computer was nice and saved all my files onto another partition on the HDD (note to myself: buy an external HDD!).

Have been spending the last 2 hours downloading and reinstalling essential software.

It has been a busy week again, yippy. I somehow managed to leave my laptop on Hiberate since last Saturday when I intended to log back on after I got back from the wedding. I got put to work Saturday night by my dad who insisted the entire downstairs be cleaned, then I got done with that, then worked on some back-assignments for algebra. I like just one more, then I can take my make-up test then I will officially be caught up again! :woohoo: I also have all of my composition assignments completed as well.

Today, I will clean out my truck, head to Mt. Magazine for some fall foliage pics with my DD, then I have to come back to attend a benefit dinner for my HS Algebra teacher who is fighting a losing battle w/ lung cancer. He is in his final stages.

And he's actually a hero. Looky here:
Longtime Park Ranger, Teacher Recognized at Ceremony | freshare.net

In 1978 he was shot in the chest and left for dead in a car trunk on a summer day at Blue Mtn. Lake which is about 20 miles from here. But he incredibly survived such extreme conditions. He was featured on 60 Minutes, 48 Hours, or another of those network news shows back in 1998 when his shooters were executed for killing another park ranger and a sheriff's deputy.

i am sowwy that i havent check AD few weeks cuz of i dont feel good with Vertigo.. gee.. also been work new job too.. so i try check AD here.. lol..

My area went blackout since last night. I had to go to 7xpress to use their free Wifi internet service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back