The Closet Poll

What should we re-name The Closet?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm... I'm starting to wonder about the real reason behind changing the name.

Is it attention?

Is it to emphasize GLBT Pride?

Is it because GLBT don't want to associate themselves with straight people or others that are not GLBT?

Apparently, someone believes that if his friends isn't like him... they aren't his friends any more. No More Friends? ;)

Is it attention?

Is it because GLBT don't want to associate themselves with straight people or others that are not GLBT?

Apparently, someone believes that if his friends isn't like him... they aren't his friends any more. No More Friends? ;)

Another interesting topic might be what your motivation is for being so opposed to it, and/or why you even care.

Is it for attention?

Is it to emphasize your "support" for the GLBT community, or your "disdain" for it? Sometimes in your posts, you appear to attempt to profess your support for us, but more often than not, your disdain for our community shines through.

So which is it? If you're a hater, then I don't see why you think you should have any say in whether the name gets changed, or not. Unless it's just an attempt to further oppress us.

Is it attention?

You're just pissed off because I said it is none of your business. Why do you care? You love to bash me. Admit it. It is very obvious here.

Please knock it out and grow up.

Vampy,

I'm going to try to be rational here, I geninuely don't get how you are in the front line fighting off with the idea of changing the subforum's title and you're not even a member of the GLBT community. You're just a fellow who supports GLBT and in this situation - I think you should be in "laissez faire" mode. I think it should be left to the hands of actual gays/lesbians/bisexuals/trannys for this decision on changing the subforum title. If it satisfies them then let them be happy and comfortable since it's their forum to discuss about GLBT-related stuffand they welcome others to come. I have to say "The Closet" is very misleading and uninviting in my book. GLBT Lounge feels a lot more open community rather than closed community. I'm not trying to create a scene here except I am trying to be rational in here.

Is it attention?

Yes. Everytime when people click to enter this section.

Possible. "The Closet" makes GLBT people feel ashamed and shouldn't be openly express around the AD.

No. Absolute not. This section is about the GLBT, and the straight people are welcome to discuss about the GLBT, that's all really. Like what if a straight person found out that his/her siblings are homosexual, then that person will come to here and ask for some help. This place is for the news about GLBT, policy for GLBT, etc.

No. That is a homophoia and "heterophobia" attitude, and that doesn't work.

That is exactly right, Puy. That's what some straight need to understand and how you describe about heterphobe, is all good point, it's only part, is being an attitude regard either gay or str8.

none of above...

We already have marriage, single forum and penistarium...

It isn't fair for gays to get their own forum.

They should be treated the same, just like everybody else.

none of above...

Well, you just contradicted yourself. If gay people ARE just like everyone else, then we deserve to have a "special interest" section created that caters to our interests just as much as anyone else.

Besides, it's not so much that the forum "belongs" to any one group of people... it's merely a designated area where the subject matter is about GLBT issues, etc. Just like when you go into the Hearing Aids/Cochlear Implants forum, you pretty much know what to expect when you enter that area.

Or would you rather see just one big fat ole "General Chat" section, with no sub-sections?

Well, you just contradicted yourself. If gay people ARE just like everyone else, then we deserve to have a "special interest" section created that caters to our interests just as much as anyone else.

Besides, it's not so much that the forum "belongs" to any one group of people... it's merely a designated area where the subject matter is about GLBT issues, etc. Just like when you go into the Hearing Aids/Cochlear Implants forum, you pretty much know what to expect when you enter that area.

Or would you rather see just one big fat ole "General Chat" section, with no sub-sections?

no, I wouldn't want to see just one big fat ole "General Chat" section with no sub-sections.

I am tired now... I have been to class, ate hot dogs, and writing scripts and stuff... I saw "Big Brothers" production office... across the Elevator
in the same building where film school is...

There are too many rich people around... snobby folks.

anyway, back to the topic.... thank for pointing that out... sub sections,
I think of that.

none of above...

The Closet forum has been around for long time and we're just discussing to see what names to change to, not to remove it.

I voted GLBT Lounge. It's one of six names and GLBT Lounge has more then 50% votes. Now it's more then two weeks now since voting. Didn't VamPyroX mention one of threads relating to this thread to give two weeks for deadline? VamPyroX?

"The Closet" seems not welcome for anyone! It's OLD news. GLBT Lounge seems VERY welcome to visiting. It's educational for any open minded people.

I voted GLBT Lounge. It's one of six names and GLBT Lounge has more then 50% votes. Now it's more then two weeks now since voting. Didn't VamPyroX mention one of threads relating to this thread to give two weeks for deadline? VamPyroX?

"The Closet" seems not welcome for anyone! It's OLD news. GLBT Lounge seems VERY welcome to visiting. It's educational for any open minded people.
It's not my decision.

I guess we'll have to redo the poll again. That's why the poll was fucked up in the first place.

The topics weren't discussed fully. :(

wowanza you're up and so am I in the rocky moutain zone lol... Maybe need to create a new poll of throwing the names for Closet threads with reasons then put then on poll and when get the final answer then change em?

wowanza you're up and so am I in the rocky moutain zone lol... Maybe need to create a new poll of throwing the names for Closet threads with reasons then put then on poll and when get the final answer then change em?
Yep, I'm a night owl.

Names should be thrown in during a discussion thread before being voted on.

We did something similar in the past. We had names thrown in. If there were too many, we used the ones that were discussed the most (top 10 or something) and made a poll for it. If there were enough, then we used all of them. All we have to do is say something like, "Post suggestions for new names and explain why. On this specific date, we will close the thread and create a poll for it and that will last until another specific date. Afterwards, it will be official."

Yep, I'm a night owl.

Names should be thrown in during a discussion thread before being voted on.

We did something similar in the past. We had names thrown in. If there were too many, we used the ones that were discussed the most (top 10 or something) and made a poll for it. If there were enough, then we used all of them. All we have to do is say something like, "Post suggestions for new names and explain why. On this specific date, we will close the thread and create a poll for it and that will last until another specific date. Afterwards, it will be official."

Allright with me... Waiting for it to get ready..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back