The Closet Poll

What should we re-name The Closet?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i disagree with ur concept vamp u shld be a bit more open and not oppressing our right to decide what we want. :)

i disagree with ur concept vamp u shld be a bit more open and not oppressing our right to decide what we want. :)
How am I oppressing what you want if I'm trying to allow members to throw in names before creating a poll? :dunno:

he's talking like.. setting up a thread where you can discuss various names, and the top 10 names that are discussed will be thrown into the "ring" to choose to rename "the closet".

he's not oppressing anyone if he's trying to get an idea of which names people like the best. like picking 10 that everyone likes... and having people pick the top name that they like. I don't see anything wrong with that.. better than picking a name out of a hat.

he's talking like.. setting up a thread where you can discuss various names, and the top 10 names that are discussed will be thrown into the "ring" to choose to rename "the closet".

he's not oppressing anyone if he's trying to get an idea of which names people like the best. like picking 10 that everyone likes... and having people pick the top name that they like. I don't see anything wrong with that.. better than picking a name out of a hat.
Exactly.

I mean, this poll was created rather suddenly. While the first choice sounds good, it didn't seem that there was enough time or a chance for people to throw in their ideas before this poll was created. That's all I was simply suggesting. :)

Exactly.

I mean, this poll was created rather suddenly. While the first choice sounds good, it didn't seem that there was enough time or a chance for people to throw in their ideas before this poll was created. That's all I was simply suggesting. :)

:nods: I agree also I don't see " The Closet " on the poll listing either hmmm :hmm:

I am not gay or lesbian, but I think GLBT lounge is more appropriate than "The Closet." Since not every gay people we will meet are hiding about their sexuality, we should make it more comfortable to chill out in here. "The Closet" makes it sounds like we are encouraging them to stay inside and not be open about their sexuality.

I think this is very well put.

As for re-naming - I dunno - how bout Friends of Dorothy?

The only issue I see coming up with using 'GLBT' is that, as different smaller communities within the GLBT community emerge - they will want their initial included and that will lead to yet another name change. For instance - at the moment I see LGBTQ - Lesbian/Gay/Bi/Trans/Queer - as people now identify.

My two cents

Consider the name change done!

Mod's Note:

Thread's closed and served it purpose.

As this forum has been changed to "GLBT Lounge".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back