Teaching Pre Schoolers ASL

I do not feel like I am doing anything wrong. Read through my thread. No one has claimed that I was being disrespectful to the D/deaf community. Throughout this thread so far only one person claimed it was disrespectful of me to teach a hearing child to use ASL signs.

So I do not understand where you are coming from loml. If anyone is Mocking ASL it is you. Not me.

I do not feel like I am doing anything wrong. Read through my thread. No one has claimed that I was being disrespectful to the D/deaf community. Throughout this thread so far only one person claimed it was disrespectful of me to teach a hearing child to use ASL signs.

So I do not understand where you are coming from loml. If anyone is Mocking ASL it is you. Not me.

Can you please answer my question?

8vus0l.jpg

What on earth is going on here?

I come in and read the last 10 posts and it is like some kind of a witch hunt going on.

Leave Babyblue alone, if she wasn't entitled to teach ASL she'd have parents or the school board complaining to her. It shouldn't be your business to judge off the internet, flat off that...
If you really want to complain about the way she teaches, go find out and go complain to their school board.

Dude, I was just curious if she had like, "signing time" like as a center, or if she sim-coms or sits and teachs sign, or uses songs with signs. It is just a question, not a witch hunt.

Babyblue - I do not believe that taking ASL, basically out of its true form, and saying that this is teaching ASL, and telling parents that their children are learning ASL, is honouring the language of ASL, based on my teachings from the Deaf community.

Babyblue - I do not believe that taking ASL, basically out of its true form, and saying that this is teaching ASL, and telling parents that their children are learning ASL, is honouring the language of ASL, based on my teachings from the Deaf community.

again - read the post above -

Leave Babyblue alone, if she wasn't entitled to teach ASL she'd have parents or the school board complaining to her. It shouldn't be your business to judge off the internet, flat off that...

What you're asking for is UNREALISTIC. Do you think ALL teachers in USA teach the same subjects the same thing? Not all English teachers write the same style in its "purest" form.

again - read the post above -

What you're asking for is UNREALISTIC. Do you think ALL teachers in USA teach the same subjects the same thing? Not all English teachers write the same style in its "purest" form.

Jiro - Are you in fact saying that the expectations of the Deaf community in my area and the teachers therein are UNREALISTIC?

Babyblue- As I said in earlier post, I think what you are doing is awesome. I simply do not agree with the phrase "teaching hearing children ASL", when from my prespective, it is really sign supported spoken English.

If you would truly sit and read the links I provided it will state it.

Jiro - Are you in fact saying that the expectations of the Deaf community and the teachers therein are UNREALISTIC?

are you saying ALL teachers must teach ASL in "its purest form"?

are you saying ALL teachers must teach ASL in "its purest form"?

Jiro - Is this what you a expecting me to consider as your answer to my question:

Are you in fact saying that the expectations of the Deaf community in my area and the teachers therein are UNREALISTIC?

Jiro - Is this what you a expecting me to consider as your answer to my question:

Are you in fact saying that the expectations of the Deaf community in my area and the teachers therein are UNREALISTIC?

I answered that question already. Look up above at post #109 if you didn't get the hint.

I answered that question already. Look up above at post #109 if you didn't get the hint.

Jiro - A simply yes or no would have sufficed.

These are not expectations that I have created, they are those of the Deaf community here.

Jiro - A simply yes or no would have sufficed.

These are not expectations that I have created, they are those of the Deaf community here.

:wave: Can I ask a question now? are you saying ALL teachers must teach ASL in "its purest form"?

8vus0l.jpg

What on earth is going on here?

I come in and read the last 10 posts and it is like some kind of a witch hunt going on.

If you really want to complain about the way she teaches, go find out and go complain to their school board.

I have had no complaints yet.

:giggle:

Not from the parents, teachers, or anyone yet that I am affiliated with at the preschool. The other teachers are doing it as well.

Back