Summer Olympics 2008

aussie_20oi_.jpg

Proud Australians.

What are Australians famous for winning in Olympics? Since I never knew anyone from Australia before I never paid attention.

This will give me more fun this year when I look for your country too. What are the sports you excel in?

Bottesini said:
Proud Australians.

What are Australians famous for winning in Olympics? Since I never knew anyone from Australia before I never paid attention.

This will give me more fun this year when I look for your country too. What are the sports you excel in?

Many of Australia’s gold medals have been in swimming, a popular sport in Australia. But our swim star Ian Thorpe has retired so your Michael Phelps will dominate those events.

Other sports in which Australia have been strong are cycling, archery, equestrian events, rowing, shooting, field hockey, basketball, diving and water polo. The women’s hockey team, the ‘Hockeyroos’, won a total of three gold medals at the 1988, 1996 and 2000 Games and the men’s team won in 2004. Beach volleyball was made instantly popular in 2000 when we won the gold medal for Australia at Bondi Beach in Sydney.

The magnificent performance of the Aussie ‘Opals’ in pushing the USA all the way before having to settle for silver, again, in the women's basketball competition was the highlight of the basketball program from an Australian perspective.

We have excellent runners in the Athletics but as you know, the blacks are dominant in that area.

I'll watch anything, but I enjoy watching the sports I once play, so then I know the rules (gymanastics and swimming)

is Ian Thorpe retired?? Why? He is only 25 years old. I am sure that Michael is happy about Ian's retired. Michael didn't like him. I remember at Athen's Olympic in 2004. He got pissed off at Ian got a gold medal to show off. Ian was criticize on Michael for eat a gold as shark. Ian called him stupid! It make Michael pissed off. I can see his emotion! I still have a magazine "TIME" or "People" about Michael Phelps. I am big fans of him. Go Phelps!

Many of Australia’s gold medals have been in swimming, a popular sport in Australia. But our swim star Ian Thorpe has retired so your Michael Phelps will dominate those events.

Other sports in which Australia have been strong are cycling, archery, equestrian events, rowing, shooting, field hockey, basketball, diving and water polo. The women’s hockey team, the ‘Hockeyroos’, won a total of three gold medals at the 1988, 1996 and 2000 Games and the men’s team won in 2004. Beach volleyball was made instantly popular in 2000 when we won the gold medal for Australia at Bondi Beach in Sydney.

The magnificent performance of the Aussie ‘Opals’ in pushing the USA all the way before having to settle for silver, again, in the women's basketball competition was the highlight of the basketball program from an Australian perspective.

We have excellent runners in the Athletics but as you know, the blacks are dominant in that area.

is Ian Thorpe retired?? Why? He is only 25 years old. I am sure that Michael is happy about Ian's retired. Michael didn't like him. I remember at Athen's Olympic in 2004. He got pissed off at Ian got a gold medal to show off. Ian was criticize on Michael for eat a gold as shark. Ian called him stupid! It make Michael pissed off. I can see his emotion! I still have a magazine "TIME" or "People" about Michael Phelps. I am big fans of him. Go Phelps!

Ofc, Ian knew that Michael is pissed off, and Michael will blow Ian's ass off if he didn't retire.

Ian had enough of swimming and his heart wasn't in it anymore.

Yeah, that's right, it is rubbish! :lol: And Pinky678 to correct the answer, Ian thorpe isn't 25 years old, he is around 26 to 27 years old, really.

Born Oct 1982 = nearly 26 years old

Yeah, that's right, it is rubbish! :lol: And Pinky678 to correct the answer, Ian thorpe isn't 25 years old, he is around 26 to 27 years old, really.
He will be 26 on Oct 13, 1982. I never forget about his birthday. He is close to my birthday. But I am 1 year older:giggle: than him.

He will be 26 on Oct 13, 1982. I never forget about his birthday. He is close to my birthday. But I am 1 year older:giggle: than him.

How about you ask him out? :naughty: He wouldn't mind being your second husband :rofl: (He lives in L.A )

London 2012's logo is the most worst I ever seen. :eek3:

what wrong with you! im sure London,England would have approve logo for Olympics im sure i dont think London 2012 is worst you think!?! DUH snap out it

Back