Sorenson's scare tactic is pathetic

VRS is here to stay. The FCC will not let VRS go away. They already recognized that VRS is superior to TRS in every way. The FCC and NECA carefully researched the rate issue, and I believe they have come up with a fair rate. Sure, they may not get as much profit under the new rates, but hey, they will live. They will find a way to make money.

I am sick and tired of all the whining from fear-mongers who feel that this is the end of VRS, and that we will go back to TTY. We will NOT go back to TTY only! Sheesh!

You are right. Ron Burdett is lying. You know what the motive is. VRS is NOT going away. SVRS may go away but it's their problem. Not our customers.

I already sent comment letter to FCC last week. I won't hear any scare tactics till FCC will let us know about changing rate or not on June 30 or early on period.

Bring in proof that borrowing money just for profit only, can you? I never heard any company would just borrow money just for profit only.

Most of the time companies borrow money for several reason, here is example

Some customer ordered something which is alot money and company would need to borrow money because customers won't pay until the products is delivered, sometimes even 3 months after the products were delivered. They borrow money to cover labor, materials, other expenses until they get money to pay back the debts. Also, they do borrow money to do research and develop something. When company do develop something, they have to get money from somewhere not from customer because customer won't see it until it is deliver to stores.

There is lot reason for companies to borrow money, lets say Microsoft, they DO borrow BILLIONS of dollars to develop windows 7 now, Microsoft is collecting money from sales and will have to pay back. Microsoft has excellent credit, the chance of their interest rate is lower.

:lol: Borrowing money for profits sounds like a contradiction in terms. I'd like to be enlightened, too but Kelby probably will not come here because his video above was brought here by an AD member. So I will go and ask Kelby this question directly.

You are right. Ron Burdett is lying. You know what the motive is. QUOTE]

I doubt ron burdett purposely is lying. He probably is just reading the script that public relations dept. set up for him. So basically since he is "representing" sorenson, he is just a trained monkey reading off script. So back to the point, like I pointed out in the past- sorenson has gotten themselves into a bind by themselves and always looks for a scapegoat. Sorenson thinks they have all the facts, do things on a whim, slow to make changes. I know what I'm talking about- I been there before.

Anyways- looks like the general deaf community are now waking up to the VRS reality, it can be a dirty business, trying to taking advantage of our backgrounds with no return of benefit to the deaf community that makes sense.

VRS is here to stay, we will always find a way to make it prevail for the future, and will always be there.

Bring in proof that borrowing money just for profit only, can you? I never heard any company would just borrow money just for profit only.

Most of the time companies borrow money for several reason, here is example

Some customer ordered something which is alot money and company would need to borrow money because customers won't pay until the products is delivered, sometimes even 3 months after the products were delivered. They borrow money to cover labor, materials, other expenses until they get money to pay back the debts. Also, they do borrow money to do research and develop something. When company do develop something, they have to get money from somewhere not from customer because customer won't see it until it is deliver to stores.

There is lot reason for companies to borrow money, lets say Microsoft, they DO borrow BILLIONS of dollars to develop windows 7 now, Microsoft is collecting money from sales and will have to pay back. Microsoft has excellent credit, the chance of their interest rate is lower.

But those companies borrow through banks and investors.

FCC should not be viewed as an investor.

Show me proof that it is for bail out from government, please?

What you said is completely misunderstand.

Investors is lending money to Sorenson for some reason what I don't know. It is NOT a bail out.

Sounds like Sorenson is asking for a BAILOUT! If true, Sorenson is becoming the GM of video relay.

I want to add this, ANYONE, even yourself can be an investor. You can lend money to anyone you want to. Of course you want your money back plus some extra money for yourself. This is common, and it is the way it is.

If you have 401K, trust me you invest your money to thousands of companies and hope to get money back plus extra for your retirement. That is how it works.

Investors is lending money to Sorenson for some reason what I don't know. It is NOT a bail out.

:slap: OH for heavens sake. We KNOW its not a government bailout- but it sure feels like one. Investors gave Sorenson a good chunk of thier money for them for a hefty 11% return.

Like everyone wants to know- whats the money for? R and D for the next generation of VRS hardware ? to keep SVRS afloat paying bills? to pay for tech support nice fat bonuses they get every quarter for different ways of motivating the employees ?

The WHOLE point here is its pretty early for sorenson to be "borrowing" money and no other VRS is doing it this way. Who is paying for the 11% return? The ONLY main source of income for Sorenson is the FCC based on VRS minutes!!! This is what makes some people feel outraged since we ALLLLLLLLL pay the FCC surcharge with our pagers, broadband internet, and other sources of communications. We just dont have a say how the money is being spent. This is supposed to be a democracy - voice by the people, not a arbitrary communist world.

Who is paying more than 11% in return? Oh PLENTY! Don't you know any other countries that borrow money from here generally pay at least 30% in interest, Whopping 30% return!!!! How many people with credit cards that pay more than 20%? I am not surprise plenty!

The WHOLE point here is its pretty early for sorenson to be "borrowing" money and no other VRS is doing it this way. Who is paying for the 11% return? The ONLY main source of income for Sorenson is the FCC based on VRS minutes!!! This is what makes some people feel outraged since we ALLLLLLLLL pay the FCC surcharge with our pagers, broadband internet, and other sources of communications. We just dont have a say how the money is being spent. This is supposed to be a democracy - voice by the people, not a arbitrary communist world.

Some of the money the investors are loaning to Sorenson is to pay the owners. I don't know about you, but don't owners of businesses get their money through profits, rather than borrowing money to pay themselves?

Who is paying more than 11% in return? Oh PLENTY! Don't you know any other countries that borrow money from here generally pay at least 30% in interest, Whopping 30% return!!!! How many people with credit cards that pay more than 20%? I am not surprise plenty!

The loans that Sorenson got have 11% interest. The FCC wants to set rates that include 11.25% profit, leaving Sorenson with a slim .25% profit.

The issue is not the investors lending money. That is a fact of running a company here in the USA. The issue is what the money is for, why there's so much money they need to borrow, how they will pay back the loan in five years, why Sorenson is asking for one tier at $5.95 per minute for five years, and why Sorenson appear to be so butthurt about all this.

Say you know Microsoft is BIG and profitable company, right? Why they still borrow BILLIONS and comparing to Sorenson it is like a drop in the bucket

Microsoft | Microsoft sells $3.75 billion in bonds | Seattle Times Newspaper

Did Microsoft borrow money just for profit? eh eh?

I don't think you get it. It has nothing to do with the "companies themselves"

Sorenson source of income does NOT come from whom receives the services/product "the consumer". Its paid for by a government regulated source.

Microshit borrowed money, have profits in millions, and WHO paid for it eventually?! the consumers!!!!

SO you trying to make a comparision here?! :roll: Look.... I get it... Since you work for sorenson now, you have the built in need to be loyal since your job depends on it.Trust me, once you stop working for sorenson, your view can change. I am not saying it will, but could.

Be clear, my perspective remains on Customer level. I am customer still, and this will not change.

I used to be in business with best friend and I used to run my own business and I DO understand how they run.

Even if I not work for Sorenson, I still in favor for Sorenson, why? Because Sorenson has the best product. The best products comes with price, and it is not free. In other word, I do have various VP units from various VRS providers and I STILL chose Sorenson over any other brands, not just because I work for Sorenson. It is because it has met my needs on personal and customer level. For example, I have central light alert system around my house, it is customized. With VP-200 I can hook up with it no problem. Other brand of VP, I simply can't which fails to accomodate my needs. If they have met my needs, I won't have problem using other VRS providers. It is all about meeting my accomodation needs.

This is to remind you that I am treating myself as customer at all the times even though I am proud to be employee of a company that works very hard to provide best product and service to you and myself too. Somebody said SVP cost 250 dollars, and I said nope, it is just fraction of that cost. I was shocked to find out the true cost and was grateful that my friends like you and myself could get for free. Why bash at Sorenson in the first place? If Sorenson is greedy, we won't be getting free 1st class Videophone.

The real point is that Ron Burdett told us that VRS will go away. That's NOT TRUE AT ALL! He does NOT represent the VRS industry! He LIED! He has created unnecessary fear in consumers.

I understand your concern, and I personally and as customer do not think VRS will go away. The point here is that if we do nothing, then FCC would think we do not need it and can abruptly cut off VRS.

It is like back in 1912 where majority of people ignore warning with icebergs and assume that Titanic will never sink, even declared that God himself can't sink Titanic, and assume do not need lifeboats on Titanic. Guess what happen to these poor 1,500 souls? IF they had think as precaution and do something with lifeboats then that 1,500 souls could be saved.

I myself as an employee of VRS industry, plus as a VRS customer really appreciate your support. Any support toward to VRS industry is appreciated. :)

The real point is that Ron Burdett told us that VRS will go away. That's NOT TRUE AT ALL! He does NOT represent the VRS industry! He LIED! He has created unnecessary fear in consumers.

Back