Sorenson's scare tactic is pathetic

I never said 200,000 terps. I said 200,000 deaf

Therefore, I would guess it's probably 5 to 6 million minutes per MONTH?

If someone was smart enough to do the math, I bet that they could get a real good estimate of the # of minutes per month Sorenson does just by looking here:

https://www.neca.org/cms400min/WorkArea/linkit.aspx?LinkIdentifier=id&ItemID=3326

All you'd need to do is make an assumption about the 3rd tier... is that all Sorenson minutes or just mostly? You get 500,000 minutes as you make it through Tier 1 and Tier 2.....

Anyone wanna do the math?

DENNIS, would the computation include, say, a conservative % like 70 as Sorenson's market share?

DENNIS, would the computation include, say, a conservative % like 70 as Sorenson's market share?

If you add up ALL the minutes for the month for all the VRS providers, and take 70% of that, and you compare that 70% number to (500,000 plus the 3rd tier total minutes).... that'll tell ya if you're right or wrong on the market share computation.

If someone was smart enough to do the math, I bet that they could get a real good estimate of the # of minutes per month Sorenson does just by looking here:

https://www.neca.org/cms400min/WorkArea/linkit.aspx?LinkIdentifier=id&ItemID=3326

All you'd need to do is make an assumption about the 3rd tier... is that all Sorenson minutes or just mostly? You get 500,000 minutes as you make it through Tier 1 and Tier 2.....

Anyone wanna do the math?

Ooo, thank for the status report. I have been puzzle where to find on FCC. Turn out, it's at NECA...

updated:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQMd9dYQjDo&feature=related]YouTube - FCC Public Notice on New VRS Rates - Part 2[/ame]

Ooo, thank for the status report. I have been puzzle where to find on FCC. Turn out, it's at NECA...

Correct, nad's second vlog mentioned its NECA who suggested/doing the collect datas on VRS industries.

and, Sorenson owns 85% of the marketing, and that help to boost the numerous of minutes as they usually collect over milllion minutes monthly, why worry? its slightly less budget they benefit since they slurp the big bottle too much

Not just Sorenson. ConvoRelay is doing the same. Convo Communications

Yeah, Convo made themselves lookish fool for being asskisser on sorenson, now why Convo quiet after big panic attack last week? =$ no offense yet again.

Thats the reason why i refuse to use any service that is not respecting the customer nor their opinions as well as feedin false information upon us isnt cool.

Moot point!

Do you have any idea why Sorenson donated to Gally?

That is the way Sorenson say thank you to Gallaudet for allowing Sorenson providing VRS training programs on their campus, also thank Gallaudet for allow Sorenson set up VRS center there, also provided free VP loaner to their students. If there are no donations to Gally, Gally will not invide Sorenson into their campus, simple put. Sorenson invest money in for what? Improving interpreting service quality though VRS for all of you Deaf people that could enjoy top quality. Believe it or not, they provided VRS trainers to students and students can join any VRS providers. How nice of Sorenson!

If we do not provide training program, we will eventually have trouble finding qualified Terp which can result longer wait time for next available operator. KUDO to Sorenson! Also did you know that there is sorenson VRS center right in Gallaudet University campus? If we do not support Gally, that center will close.

See Amy's blog and vlog last three years ago.
DEAF WORLD AS EYE SEE IT I challenge you, Sorenson…

Sorenson has 85% market and give away to Gallaudet. Why worry about FCC cut rate?

Moot point!

Do you have any idea why Sorenson donated to Gally?

That is the way Sorenson say thank you to Gallaudet for allowing Sorenson providing VRS training programs on their campus, also thank Gallaudet for allow Sorenson set up VRS center there, also provided free VP loaner to their students. If there are no donations to Gally, Gally will not invide Sorenson into their campus, simple put. Sorenson invest money in for what? Improving interpreting service quality though VRS for all of you Deaf people that could enjoy top quality. Believe it or not, they provided VRS trainers to students and students can join any VRS providers. How nice of Sorenson!

If we do not provide training program, we will eventually have trouble finding qualified Terp which can result longer wait time for next available operator. KUDO to Sorenson! Also did you know that there is sorenson VRS center right in Gallaudet University campus? If we do not support Gally, that center will close.

I understand what you say. Yes, about new Sorenson Communications building in Gallaudet. I won't hurt you. I send comments to require better technology, better quality interpreters and better job opportunities. ask FCC to cut rates will be eliminated. I will happen to see FCC changing rates next week. If not satisfy, we can send final comments before May 21.

I already knew there was something fishy about the whole Sorenson thing.

When I was at Deaf Chat Coffee last week, a friend of mine there was freaking out talking about this. She was trying to point out how the whole VRS thing will shut down and we would end up going back to the beginning... TTYs/TDDs.

I told her that what she said was exaggerated and that I didn't think it was as bad as it sounded.

Well, I guess she was wrong! :nono:

The deadline for offical petition is tomorrow (May 14th), FCC had extended the deadline to May 21, remember from may 15th to May 21 may or may not be honored. The final decision will happen sometime in mid June. I hope FCC support and encourage growth and expand. Which means allow future new products and services for all of us.

Remember even though I work for Sorenson as full time employee (Not independent contractor), I STILL am customer outside my work life. I do use SVRS all the time. So, I am here to help you Deafies have better quality VRS experience though my work and my personal life. :)

I understand what you say. Yes, about new Sorenson Communications building in Gallaudet. I won't hurt you. I send comments to require better technology, better quality interpreters and better job opportunities. ask FCC to cut rates will be eliminated. I will happen to see FCC changing rates next week. If not satisfy, we can send final comments before May 21.

Yeah, Convo made themselves lookish fool for being asskisser on sorenson, now why Convo quiet after big panic attack last week? =$ no offense yet again.

Thats the reason why i refuse to use any service that is not respecting the customer nor their opinions as well as feedin false information upon us isnt cool.

Well Sorenson is not only company is worry. Purple, Convo and ZVRS too. They are worried because if Sorenson goes out of business with a lower rate then it will impact on another VRS porviders.

The information is TRUE, not false. They are telling them that will drive them into out of business.

Well Sorenson is not only company is worry. Purple, Convo and ZVRS too. They are worried because if Sorenson goes out of business with a lower rate then it will impact on another VRS porviders.

The information is TRUE, not false. They are telling them that will drive them into out of business.

Next time you stop making assumptions.

Purple said it's NOT true.

Purple Communications - Is VRS really coming to an end?

SVRS is scum.

Wow! You are right the company that gets rate increase for still serving smaller amount (Level II rate) in new plan is not worried. I am feel better about it now. Obviously they are not worried about losing money at higher prices.
How about we see what VRS consumer group saying, stop listening to any VRS co opinion. VRSCA

Purple would be singing a different tune if their tier was cut 40%.

Of course it's a good business move to take advantage of "big brother" sorenson.

Who's greedy now?

VRSCA is a front organization for Sorenson.

Video Relay Services Consumer Association - Association of Deaf and Hard of Hearing Video Relay Services Consumers

Q: Whose idea was it to set up VRSCA?

A: VRSCA was first established in 2002 by Sorenson Communications with the intention of educating and empowering VRS consumers.

If you were to compare Sorenson's positions with VRSCA's positions historically, you'd see they were ALWAYS lockstep. ALWAYS. Doesn't that tell you something? An independent organization wouldn't always be in agreement with one company's viewpoints, especially when OTHER independent orgs like NAD or TDI aren't. Hmm?

stop accusing

Back