Sorenson's scare tactic is pathetic

VRSCA is a front organization for Sorenson.

Q: Whose idea was it to set up VRSCA?

A: VRSCA was first established in 2002 by Sorenson Communications with the intention of educating and empowering VRS consumers.

If you were to compare Sorenson's positions with VRSCA's positions historically, you'd see they were ALWAYS lockstep. ALWAYS. Doesn't that tell you something? An independent organization wouldn't always be in agreement with one company's viewpoints, especially when OTHER independent orgs like NAD or TDI aren't. Hmm?

Curse those people for intending such a thing! I hope those consumers are smart enough to think for themself! So from what you say if organization of consumers is not in "lockstep" with two other organizations of consumers they aren't independent, right? I thought they just have different opinion. Thank you for correct my misunderstand.

SorensonVRS is the only VRS service that did the scare tactic on people, not Purple, not CSDVRS, and not the rest of the VRS providers.

It's unnecessary.

Correction: No longer CSDVRS, It's ZVRS.

I know Sorenson is playing game on everyone. I sure hope they get caught and go down under. If their scare tactic are too much for you, It's time to switch over to different VRS provider and use their products. That'll hurt Sorenson.

Thanks

Catty

As I stand in the shadow watching this thread...this is becoming ridiculous. :roll:

VRS is not comming to an end. The proposed rates are based on averages of historical actual costs. The premise is that the cost to provide services goes down as the minutes of service goes up. I don't know for sure but that may be common in the telecommunications industry. Even at the top rate of over 5 dollars per minute, seems like that should be enough to cover the costs and then some. Maybe some of the Sorenson fat cats need to take a pay cut and join the rest of us poor slobs that are lucky to have a job.

The Executive Director of IdahoCDHH very clearly explains FCC's VRS rate proposal and how it would affect the quality of VRS if accepted in this video.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3raDJI25Tg]YouTube - Basic Summary of FCC VRS Rate Cut[/ame]

Wow!!! Are all of you blind as well....lol. All VRS providers are the same they are in it for the money. I do not support any organization in which the overhead is so high and the "management" is getting high salries while their workers are being taken advantage of. Sorry I think I just described all VRS rpoviders and several educational institutions. At any rate the FCC shoud cut the rates for all providers, make the refund rate standard. Simply the providers either get smart of just leave the play field. I am sure that there is someone out there right now thinking about how to establish a simple VRS provider with excellence in their mind and make it profitable enough for the company. Non of the current providers care enough about their people or the deaf to take that place among the great ones. How about cutting their executives or top management salaries 25%? I bet a lot of people will jump ship then.

29654_1466177575878_1276702067_1303832_566747_n.jpg

Enough said.

Has it ever occurred to you that maybe it is not for themselves, but maybe so Sorenson can use the money to come out with newer and better VRS equipment and give them out to the deaf community for free?

Enough said?

Nope, your missing the big and real picture here.

Lets say, your an investor. You want to invest your own money. Tell me which person you want to invest into if they were offered the same rate of return.

Bob has great credit rating, and has proven products that yield return in investment

John had failed business twice, were unable to manage the finaince, there were constantly losses of money. Has product that does not look good in future, speaking of investment returning.

Okay, which person would you be willing invest (Give money to)? Bob or John?

I am sure you know the answer.

Now on other approach Bob offers return in investment of 6% while John is willing to offer 21% of return in investment, what would you be willing to invest on? If I were myself, I would play safe invest on Bob not John. But if I want to gamble, then go for John. John may have the luck and success this time, then I get 21% in my favor, wow I won my bet. BUT if John fails, then I will lose big time.

There are many factors that determine the return in investment calculation.

There are much more than I would realize, even though I am not on "High Roller" stock investment so I don't know everything BUT I do get the general idea how they works.

That is exact how the % of return is calculated. It is based on how risky that you would invest. Also, to get near guarantee return of money, go to Treasury bonds, however won't get rich fast, they yield about 3% for 5 years.

29654_1466177575878_1276702067_1303832_566747_n.jpg

Enough said.

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JviSqkbPASU]YouTube - Facts abt Ron Burdett's interview with Deafnation![/ame]

I did not realize that Purple is also a Tier 3 provider. Yet, I have not heard any scare tactics from Purple. Hmmm...

I'm sorry, but Sorenson is not looking good there, scaring people with half-truths and outright lies. The VP-200 I have in my office now belongs in a special place: in a box locked in a file cabinet, waiting for their installer to come pick it up. I will never use them again. They disgust me.

"America companies do NOT borrow money to PAY owners dividend (profit)"

Is this fact?

This quote shown on 6:06 is completely untrue. There are thousands of American companies that DOES borrow money since the day Wall street saw first stock transaction! Thats since 19th century... Hello this is 21st century!

Again is this (Quote) fact? Then why there ate stock brokers, treasury bonds (Ahem government borrowing money to pay pwners dividend, har har har) meaning rich people owns America? you could say that!

Mind you, Sorenson is NOT the only company that does this. Other VRS companies does that the same thing.

Now, you got to ask yourself why investors view "Sorenson as riskier junk bond"? That is because most hearing people never heard of VRS, and whoa! they are under 100% federal subsides... Hmmm what happen to Viable VRS as many hearing investors asked... I bet you, that hearing investors see FCC abruptly cut off fund to Viable VRS practically overnight... I bet you that investors would ask, "Will this happen to other VRS companies?, why would I want to risk my money on this? Nah! I will look elsewhere to make sure I get my money back with interest(dividend)".

I did not realize that Purple is also a Tier 3 provider. Yet, I have not heard any scare tactics from Purple. Hmmm...

I'm sorry, but Sorenson is not looking good there, scaring people with half-truths and outright lies. The VP-200 I have in my office now belongs in a special place: in a box locked in a file cabinet, waiting for their installer to come pick it up. I will never use them again. They disgust me.

Yeah. I m too. I m disgusting about Sorenson for Purple s Tier 3.

Yeah. I m too. I m disgusting about Sorenson for Purple s Tier 3.

here the example of rate
YouTube - convorelay's Channel

Purple will be next if Sorenson went down...

Purple is prepare for large volume?

I believe Purple will be next largest provider if Sorenson go down but

I rather go to Convo being next provider due their explain and educate is clear...

here the example of rate
YouTube - convorelay's Channel

Purple will be next if Sorenson went down...

Purple is prepare for large volume?

I believe Purple will be next largest provider if Sorenson go down but

I rather go to Convo being next provider due their explain and educate is clear...

But Purple should pay off 18 million dollars to FCC before July 1. if they don't pay in full due on time, they may be bankruptcy.

Dude66,

I believe Purple was Tier 3 when they processed all calls with their own employees using the Purple VRS... however as FCC just stated that those calls are not reimbursed ;) oops falling into Tier 2 :)

If you are reading Purple's comments to FCC, they already stated that they will be struggling with the new rate, same with ZVRS, Convo, and SnapVRS. Its a FACT that all of the VRS industry will be struggling with the new rate. Wake up and smell the roses! All of you naysayers are focused on what they make in their pockets, how much they will lend out, how much they owe.. you missed the whole point! Dissolution of VRS is highly probablity here because none of us want poor quality video, still using old technology, no support.... just because of the recommendation of new rate.

either complain all you want, vent out all you want and you will get what you wanted, your own trusty TTY.

Cheers!

Dude66,

I believe Purple was Tier 3 when they processed all calls with their own employees using the Purple VRS... however as FCC just stated that those calls are not reimbursed ;) oops falling into Tier 2 :)

If you are reading Purple's comments to FCC, they already stated that they will be struggling with the new rate, same with ZVRS, Convo, and SnapVRS. Its a FACT that all of the VRS industry will be struggling with the new rate. Wake up and smell the roses! All of you naysayers are focused on what they make in their pockets, how much they will lend out, how much they owe.. you missed the whole point! Dissolution of VRS is highly probablity here because none of us want poor quality video, still using old technology, no support.... just because of the recommendation of new rate.

either complain all you want, vent out all you want and you will get what you wanted, your own trusty TTY.

Cheers!

VRS is here to stay. The FCC will not let VRS go away. They already recognized that VRS is superior to TRS in every way. The FCC and NECA carefully researched the rate issue, and I believe they have come up with a fair rate. Sure, they may not get as much profit under the new rates, but hey, they will live. They will find a way to make money.

I am sick and tired of all the whining from fear-mongers who feel that this is the end of VRS, and that we will go back to TTY. We will NOT go back to TTY only! Sheesh!

Last edited:
Back