Sorenson's scare tactic is pathetic

I would pay too if the option is available. I have an income, don't I?

When there is communication barrier, they are likely struggling to find job.

Most Hearing people never heard of Video phone. THe point here is to attempt to bridge communication with Hearing people. Once Hearing people realize and they can open up the door for Deaf. Most hearing people look at Deafies, how can they call on telephone? Forget it we wont hire them. That is where the problem is. Trust me there are more than 80% of Deaf don't have job. Does this picture tell you something?

Ok since you said Alberta force them to get job, did it work?

Maybe you don't realize what my job is like. I am pretty much on "Front line" and DO see thousands of Deaf people everyday for almost 4 years and I see it though them and know what it is like. Some of ADers here may not realized that they have met me on Videophone and I know what they are like.

Here is one example what I made a difference on one Deaf person's life. That person called me, he had problem with his Sorenson VP. At that moment I had no clue that he was looking for a job for two years. He almost refused my assistance, and I had tried everyting and finally got him accept my assistance. The problem is that his flashring is not working, and he got unusual modem and router. I said I know these stuff and can fix it. As soon as I finish fix it for him and I was trying to call him back and was blocked.. He said to wait, I said ok then when he is done with the phone call. Guess what happen as soon as I fixed his VP? He got job offer! If I had not fix his SVP, or had not have this SVP he may miss that opportunity and continue to struggling finding a job.

Get a job then. Most of them are physically capable of performing job tasks. Just because they are deaf doesn't mean they should automatically qualify for welfare.

and when will this happen? This has been going on for way too long. They should do what Alberta did years ago. Cut them loose forcing them to get jobs.

If it's an option, why not?

Sure, but how many people like you can afford? I have seen enough.

Why try to oppress those Deaf person who truly struggling? Why not help them to make this possible? If we cut off, will it help? I don't think so.

I would pay too if the option is available. I have an income, don't I?

I don't give a damn what you recently mention it to me. All I can say is sorenson vrs is not going to be end and. FYI, I don't follow the NAD news at all because they are full of it. I dont need to provide you evidences about this. Im sure you aint understand what Im talking. Have a nice day.

It amazing that you are so BLIND!

It not about scare...

Please tell me the math.. how much does the lease office building cost? How much the bandwidth to keep quality service our need? How much does the interpreter paid.

All that stuff and you say MOVE ON.. even you don't have enough source and rest of you..

Look at FCC / VRS SCARE WITH NAD PRESIDENT, BOBBIE BETH SCOGGINS WITH CAPTIONS on Vimeo that friend shared with me.

She say.. no enough data.. then why the hell she post the video at NAD website! She say can't say anything without data first.

Please explain me how she spending the NAD office and so on....

That so LAME and disgrace from NAD because VRS have deaf employee as she say 'protect'... well

It sound LIKE... VRS employee who is DEAF and that DEAF isn't enough?!

Again... it may sound profit... do you expect that volunteer to work VRS?

Wirelessly posted

How is a government trying to cut back on what the agencies think as unnecessary spending on a profitable subadized business oppression?

It sucks, but it's true for all government-backed businesses: to maintain funding, they need to break even, no more than that.

Yeah, it sucks I agreed. There are alot subsizing programs still available to many companies includes OIL companies too.

Wirelessly posted

How is a government trying to cut back on what the agencies think as unnecessary spending on a profitable subadized business oppression?

It sucks, but it's true for all government-backed businesses: to maintain funding, they need to break even, no more than that.

Moot point? Whats your point? If there is no FCC funding then we will NOT even have videophone or we may have to pay thousands of dollars for a videophone.

If you don't mind, check Polycom they got their own videophone and the starting price tag is $4,000 dollars for a unit! Check out their website Telepresence, Voice and Video Conferencing Solutions

So back to your argument, if we do not target toward bridging communication between hearing and Deaf, then why should FCC support?

FCC purpose is to provide accomodation and the accomodation has price tag on it.

Why bother at $4k? VP200 don't have HD, touchscreen, and video conferencing for customers yet.

Again, Everyone own a computer and just download a free software as ZVRS,P3, etc.

There is cheap videophone for afford.

D-Link DVC 1000 i2Eye VideoPhone Video conferencing kit

I don't give a damn what you recently mention it to me. All I can say is sorenson vrs is not going to be end and. FYI, I don't follow the NAD news at all because they are full of it. I dont need to provide you evidences about this. Im sure you aint understand what Im talking. Have a nice day.

Just ignored him.

Back