Sorenson's scare tactic is pathetic

So? They are faced with the same issues with every other business. Not every business out there can afford a $4,000 piece of software for their own people. You have to work with what you got.

There's a reason why Skype is the choice of video-conference technology among small businesses and European businesses. They don't want to spend that much money.

This is to give you idea how much Sorenson would shell out for VP-200. It is NOT cheap as you might think. So, are you suggest that we just throw away VP-200?

So? They are faced with the same issues with every other business. Not every business out there can afford a $4,000 piece of software for their own people. You have to work with what you got.

There's a reason why Skype is the choice of video-conference technology among small businesses and European businesses. They don't want to spend that much money.

Moot point? Whats your point? If there is no FCC funding then we will NOT even have videophone or we may have to pay thousands of dollars for a videophone.

If you don't mind, check Polycom they got their own videophone and the starting price tag is $4,000 dollars for a unit! Check out their website Telepresence, Voice and Video Conferencing Solutions

So back to your argument, if we do not target toward bridging communication between hearing and Deaf, then why should FCC support?

FCC purpose is to provide accomodation and the accomodation has price tag on it.

Wait...

You're comparing government welfare to private businesses?

That analogy will only make sense if there's only VRS agency n the country is established by the government.

To compare SSI/SSDI to VRS, there would be no competition; there would be no private businesses; it would be government agents running it.

This is to give you idea how much Sorenson would shell out for VP-200. It is NOT cheap as you might think. So, are you suggest that we just throw away VP-200?

How is it the government's fault that it's expensive? It's not their fault.

If you can't afford to keep investing in it, you either have to go to a third-party investors; wait for a third-party to develop it and reduce to a reasonable cost or use what is already available.

Can you define profit?

Wait...

You're comparing government welfare to private businesses?

That analogy will only make sense if there's only VRS agency n the country is established by the government.

To compare SSI/SSDI to VRS, there would be no competition; there would be no private businesses; it would be government agents running it.

Where is the blaming to government that it is expensive?

How is it the government's fault that it's expensive? It's not their fault.

If you can't afford to keep investing in it, you either have to go to a third-party investors; wait for a third-party to develop it and reduce to a reasonable cost or use what is already available.

You're the one with the rationale that if FCC cuts back on the rate, that VRS companies won't be able to maintain their R&D programs.

How is it FCC's fault? All they see is that VRS companies are doing better than breaking even, and they're cutting back how much of the industry is subsidized.

Did I ever said it is FCC fault? Where do you get this from?

You're the one with the rationale that if FCC cuts back on the rate, that VRS companies won't be able to maintain their R&D programs.

How is it FCC's fault? All they see is that VRS companies are doing better than breaking even, and they're cutting back how much of the industry is subsidized.

If FCC true business cut the rate, then I can bet you there may be no new product and we will be getting just like what we got with TTY, 50 years of minimal improvement. That is where you miss this point. If we support stable funding, I can assure you that VRS companies will be more motivated to develop new products.

This. And numerous more posts.

The inclination you are making is that if FCC cuts the rate, R&D will stop. That is indirectly blaming the FCC for the lack or progress.

TIME, they have to walk to the office to apply for the benefit, that is what they are investing with their time to get money, viola! profit! They got excess out of time which result money.

So... what are the welfare people are "investing" in?

If FCC cuts the rate, where does VRS provider gets money from for R&D?

Sadly, there is no money tree exists.

This. And numerous more posts.

The inclination you are making is that if FCC cuts the rate, R&D will stop. That is indirectly blaming the FCC for the lack or progress.

Want a break? Learn how the economy runs, once you understand you will get break.

Souggy, I got nothing against you what I am trying to do is educate so that more Deafies like us understand better about hearing world and try to win the functionality equilvent with them.

I am not against SSI/SSDI people. Just that I hope that we see reduction in SSI/SSDI and have us as productivity society and equal to hearing people.

Give me a break...

Nah... the "give me a break" comment was in reply to the "time" investment thing.

In term of profits among SSI/SSDI recipients, the profit will be what is left over after paying rent, utilities and necessary basics. The money SSI/SSDI recipients spend on luxury goods would be considered as profit. Unfortunately I know people who are on welfare who collect twice as much than it is needed (ie. they lie about how much they have to pay in rent by living with their parents and so on.) Too bad the only real way to curb those that profit off of welfare is to report them

I got nothing against the VRS industry. I am not siding with the FCC; but as long the VRS industry is being subsidized by the government, it's always going be at that risk. Every subsidized industries go through this. It's the reality that all of them face.

Majority of them are on SSI/SSDI how can they afford it?

The idea is to try to transform those on SSI/SSDI to productivity society, this takes time and does not happen overnight.

Also since your in Canada, why not you Deaf canadian be a paying customer? Will you see this happen?

The paying customers.

Majority of them are on SSI/SSDI how can they afford it?

Get a job then. Most of them are physically capable of performing job tasks. Just because they are deaf doesn't mean they should automatically qualify for welfare.

The idea is to try to transform those on SSI/SSDI to productivity society, this takes time and does not happen overnight
and when will this happen? This has been going on for way too long. They should do what Alberta did years ago. Cut them loose forcing them to get jobs.

Also since your in Canada, why not you Deaf canadian be a paying customer? Will you see this happen?
If it's an option, why not?

Back