Some thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, was just being a little modest.
I just don't want to observe the wrath of the upcoming messatsu shoryu moves unleashing fury after reading upon return. Then to see the topic locked shortly thereafter, with the intent to kill still there. :sadwave:

Messatsu Gō Shōryū (滅殺豪昇龍, Murderous Strong Rising Dragon punch)

If it was always as civilized as you want, no one would care. Strong emotion is part of life. Confucius

If it was always as civilized as you want, no one would care. Strong emotion is part of life. Confucius

oh oh, I meant that I'm ok with the clash of the titans when they're both around, but what I was suggesting is when the angrier one is not, then the fight will be somewhat handicapped upon round 2! :lol:

oh oh, I meant that I'm ok with the clash of the titans when they're both around, but what I was suggesting is when the angrier one is not, then the fight will be somewhat handicapped upon round 2! :lol:

She said herself she likes drama. Gives her some reason for infuriation when she gets back.

She said herself she likes drama. Gives her some reason for infuriation when she gets back.
:hmm: You're correct. I can't refute with that.

116i8gi.jpg

Information for the non-comprehending:
A challenger appears is a meme derived from Street Fighter 2, a fighting video game. When a new character is introduced the phrase would be used. On the internets, if a related but superior character is mentioned people will say a new challenger appears. Challenger is the key word for starting a brawl.

:lol: The kid does not want to communicate with her. I have never seen that with my kids, or grandchild... I have a feeling that means something.

The electrical stimulation of her CI is very strong after complete silence all night. People liken it to walking into florecent lights from complete darkness. She likes it quiet first thing in the morning. Just because she likes quiet, doesn't mean no communication.

Please, rick, tell it like it really is: you talked to many oral deaf. The oral deaf are not representative of the deaf population as a whole.

Oh, were you there with us?

Now, you are able to determine who is and who is not representative of the deaf population.

Regardless of whether or not oral deaf adults are representative of the deaf population as a whole, why are you contending that they do not have valid life experiences to share?

If they are not representative of the deaf population as a whole then that is a shame for they were and are some of the most caring, giving and generous people we have encountered.

Yes, we did talk to many oral deaf adults, especially those with cochlear implants when we were trying to decide if it was in our daughter's best interests to have one.

I mean who better to tell you about a cochlear implant and the tremendous impact it can have upon a person's life then those who actually have one? What is it you always say, they are the ones who are actually living it. They are the real experts.

Didn't you do the same when you made the cochlear implant decision for your child?

The electrical stimulation of her CI is very strong after complete silence all night. People liken it to walking into florecent lights from complete darkness. She likes it quiet first thing in the morning. Just because she likes quiet, doesn't mean no communication.

Faire Jour,

My daughter is the same way, she will usually put it on after breakfast but she is such a great speech reader that you can hold a conversation with her without her ci.

Hope the zoo was fun.
Rick

Now, you are able to determine who is and who is not representative of the deaf population.

Regardless of whether or not oral deaf adults are representative of the deaf population as a whole, why are you contending that they do not have valid life experiences to share?

If they are not representative of the deaf population as a whole then that is a shame for they were and are some of the most caring, giving and generous people we have encountered.

Yes, we did talk to many oral deaf adults, especially those with cochlear implants when we were trying to decide if it was in our daughter's best interests to have one.

I mean who better to tell you about a cochlear implant and the tremendous impact it can have upon a person's life then those who actually have one? What is it you always say, they are the ones who are actually living it. They are the real experts.

Didn't you do the same when you made the cochlear implant decision for your child?

Didn't have to be there with you. You have already provided that information in posts from the past.

I didn't make a cochlear implant decision for my son. I postponed the decision until he was old enough to participate in the decision making process. Quite a different thing than making it for him.

Faire Jour,

My daughter is the same way, she will usually put it on after breakfast but she is such a great speech reader that you can hold a conversation with her without her ci.

Hope the zoo was fun.
Rick

Once again, expecting her to accommodate you.

Didn't have to be there with you. You have already provided that information in posts from the past.

I didn't make a cochlear implant decision for my son. I postponed the decision until he was old enough to participate in the decision making process. Quite a different thing than making it for him.

People tell themselves that to make themselves feel better. If you wait until they are old enough to decide for themselves, you have made a decision. You have decided that they will not have the benefit of young implantation. You have decided that they will remain without auditory stimulation for two decades. You have decided to make the aural rehab (if they decide to do it) infinitely more difficult. By deciding to wait, you are deciding.

and NOBODY in here is telling you that CI is bad. WHO????? Apparently - you need to calm down because you're COMPLETELY COMPLETELY way off the base.

The MAJOR ISSUE in here is the approach being used for deaf BY hearings to ACCOMMODATE the hearings that has a detrimental effect on deafies.

People tell themselves that to make themselves feel better. If you wait until they are old enough to decide for themselves, you have made a decision. You have decided that they will not have the benefit of young implantation. You have decided that they will remain without auditory stimulation for two decades. You have decided to make the aural rehab (if they decide to do it) infinitely more difficult. By deciding to wait, you are deciding.

Nope, you have postponed a decision,and in the meantime provided them with all the tools they need to make an informed choice as to how they want to deal with their own deafness. The benefit of early implantation, as you and the CI teams so claim, is language development. My son developed language on an age appropriate schedule without a CI.

Where do you get the 2 decades from? Because my son had the benefit of early language skills that allowed him to develop deeper understanding and appropriate cognitions, he was able to think critically long before he was 20 years old.

Nope, you have postponed a decision,and in the meantime provided them with all the tools they need to make an informed choice as to how they want to deal with their own deafness. The benefit of early implantation, as you and the CI teams so claim, is language development. My son developed language on an age appropriate schedule without a CI.

Where do you get the 2 decades from? Because my son had the benefit of early language skills that allowed him to develop deeper understanding and appropriate cognitions, he was able to think critically long before he was 20 years old.

It was a general you. I know several people (Deaf, actually) who have said that if their child wants a CI they will have to wait until they are 18.

It was a general you. I know several people (Deaf, actually) who have said that if their child wants a CI they will have to wait until they are 18.

And Deaf of Deaf are actually the ones that do not suffer language delays, and function academically on par with their hearing peers. Since the whole purpose of the CI is remediate these problems, it is not needed if the problems aren't occurring.

And, after all, isn't it all about parental choice, not just the parental choice that agrees with yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back