Some thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not unusual for deaf twins to have different educational placements. If we are reverting back to anecdote, there were deaf twins in the town in which I and my son lived. One was in a mainstream placement, where his father was the prinicpal, BTW, and the other attended the same Deaf school my son attended.

The point is...no point. Just as your post had no point.

Eating cereal.

And why is it that you were not sitting at the table with her interacting through verbal language about the experience of having breakfast, what she thought about going to the zoo, what she expected to see, etc?

It is not unusual for deaf twins to have different educational placements. If we are reverting back to anecdote, there were deaf twins in the town in which I and my son lived. One was in a mainstream placement, where his father was the prinicpal, BTW, and the other attended the same Deaf school my son attended.

The point is...no point. Just as your post had no point.

Never heard of cases with deaf twins being placed in different placements..usually they are kept together.

And why is it that you were not sitting at the table with her interacting through verbal language about the experience of having breakfast, what she thought about going to the zoo, what she expected to see, etc?

Because she prefers quiet in the morning.

Never heard of cases with deaf twins being placed in different placements..usually they are kept together.

They are a very interesting pair. One has a CI, one two hearing aids. They have Usher's but are a set of triplets, the third is a sighted, hearing girl.

Usually they are. One twin, in this case, had only a moderate loss, and did well in a mainstreamed class with an intepreter. The other twin had a more profound loss, and was more comfortable at a school for the Deaf. And this is also when they were in the 2nd grade. We both know that the mainstream gets more difficult even for kids with mild losses as they get older.

Unfortunately, the father was transferred to another school district, so I lost track of this family. Chances are great, however, that the mianstreamed twin transferred to the deaf school at an older age. I do know that complete access was the father's primary concern, as he was an educator.

:ty: for the interesting posts about the twins.

And now? Never mind...I see that you are off to the zoo to discuss Sri Lanka with a 6 year old. LOL.

:lol: The kid does not want to communicate with her. I have never seen that with my kids, or grandchild... I have a feeling that means something.

ay ay ay, I can see where you guys are coming from, but no sucker punching. Fair game is fair.

Just wait it out.

:lol: The kid does not want to communicate with her. I have never seen that with my kids, or grandchild... I have a feeling that means something.

Well, as I always say, you should trust your gut feelings.

ay ay ay, I can see where you guys are coming from, but no sucker punching. Fair game is fair.

Just wait it out.

No sucker punches being thrown. All based on previous posts.

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it but my comments to her were on the mark and deserved.

And typical. You have always resorted to ad hominem attacks when you run out of valid and reliable sources. We all take them for what they are.

No sucker punches being thrown. All based on previous posts.

I know, was just being a little modest.
I just don't want to observe the wrath of the upcoming messatsu shoryu moves unleashing fury after reading upon return. Then to see the topic locked shortly thereafter, with the intent to kill still there. :sadwave:

Messatsu Gō Shōryū (滅殺豪昇龍, Murderous Strong Rising Dragon punch)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back