Some thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that was the case, then why there are hoh people who werent able to develop speech skills? I am talking about those who were placed in oral-only environments..I have one student who came from an oral only environment with almost no oral nor ASL skills (no language at all) and he can hear at 40 dB without his hearing aids.

Then, there's me who hear at 120 db wihtout my hearing aids since birth but yet was able to speak fluently although nasally according to many hearing people.

Back at my college, the audiologist told me that there is a guy with similiar hearing loss/background to mine but he hears better than me. They think it is depending on where it is damaged in the cochlear. Interesting?

Back at my college, the audiologist told me that there is a guy with similiar hearing loss/background to mine but he hears better than me. They think it is depending on where it is damaged in the cochlear. Interesting?

Really? That wasnt mentioned in any of my audiology classes in grad school. Cool..

I love iced coffee!! :lol:

seriously.

loml doesn't your avatar and signature say enough??? Of where your stand point is?

I've heard that too. Everyone's cochlea is different, so different hairs are intact, thus the imput for each individual is different. That is why two people with the same audiogram can hear very differently.

You posted quite enough for us to know your stance on this issue.

why? you? I ain't feeling lucky today. Why waste $20? :dunno:

*waiting for you to tell me the cost of some ice*

Jiro _ I do not disagree that I have provided some insight into some of my "stance on the issue". Honestly Jiro, do not presume that there is only one layer of skin to an onion.

$20 dollars for lotto tickets? Whoa ...with your crystal ball into seeing things.... you should be able to spend a dollar for the 'super lotto"...or whatever you call it in the states. :)

Ice...cheap cheap...like Canadian water... :lol:

Jiro _ I do not disagree that I have provided some insight into some of my "stance on the issue". Honestly Jiro, do not presume that there is only one layer of skin to an onion.

$20 dollars for lotto tickets? Whoa ...with your crystal ball into seeing things.... you should be able to spend a dollar for the 'super lotto"...or whatever you call it in the states. :)

Honestly I am very interested in cued speech. I have seen it work in the few kids I've seen that use it. Nothing wrong with options.

I love iced coffee!! :lol:

seriously.

loml doesn't your avatar and signature say enough??? Of where your stand point is?

Babyblue - Are you in tha habit of judging a book by its' cover? Do you seriously think that indiviudal people are so very one dimensional?

I liked ice coffee...but no this late at night. :)

Honestly I am very interested in cued speech. I have seen it work in the few kids I've seen that use it. Nothing wrong with options.

faire_jour - Exactly...the more options the better!

Okay, I am in an area where I cannot claim any experience or study -- But on the surface that sounds insane to me.

Yeah. How can you produce good speech without listening skills?

funny... you don't do what you just said... oh... such a shining example of hypocrisy.... :wave:

$1? oh cool but... I have a better luck with arcade machine to grab the Polar Bear doll that I've been trying for months.... I think I'm feeling lucky this time. :cool2:

oh it's not American? never mind. Freedom Ice only plz.

funny... you don't do what you just said... oh... such a shining example of hypocrisy.... :wave:

$1? oh cool but... I have a better luck with arcade machine to grab the Polar Bear doll that I've been trying for months.... I think I'm feeling lucky this time. :cool2:

MOVING on please......

Jiro - I am not understanding what you are meaning. Can you explain yourself please.

Babyblue - Are you in tha habit of judging a book by its' cover? Do you seriously think that indiviudal people are so very one dimesional?

I liked ice coffee...but no this late at night. :)

Nope. I do not. I have read other threads created by you in the past. (took a peek at your profile and previous threads posted) ;)

I am just basing my judgment on what you have yourself posted.

so far my computer is still one dimensional. :giggle:

I don't drink coffee in the AM .. mostly in the afternoon. :lol:

Jiro - I am not understanding what you are meaning. Can you explain yourself please.

simply go back to every posts you have made. That's all you need to know what I'm talking about. :wave:

Nope. I do not. I have read other threads created by you in the past. (took a peek at your profile and previous threads posted) ;)

I am just basing my judgment on what you have yourself posted.

so far my computer is still one dimensional. :giggle:

I don't drink coffee in the AM .. mostly in the afternoon. :lol:

Babyblue - I believe life is on long learning curve. I am glad to know that you have seen my on line learning curve. My online learning curve, is but one part of who and what I believe.:)

I am all for iced coffee on a hot day at about 2 p.m.

My computer as well...very one dimensional...

If that was the case, then my brother would be illiterate but since he is not so :hmm:

There are different wants of teaching reading ...phonetic awareness is not the only way. If it was, many deaf people wouldnt make it past kindergarten level of reading.
Exactly. I'm a goof reader with an excellent vocabulary. I have no idea what many of the words I know sound like and if someone spoke them aloud, I wouldn't recognize them. I used to think that the word elite is pronounced like this: e-lite but no that's not how it's pronounced. The Chinese surname Hung is NOT pronounced like the English word hung. Finding that out was one of my most embrassing moments of my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back