So...what you think about the health care bill?

Status
Not open for further replies.
watch out, jillio, you are making more of those assumptions again.

Not at all. Your words have just come back to bite you in your "assumption".:lol:

jillio, I have no problem with our immigration policies. I do take issue with anyone trying to change our constitution or our form of democracy.

jillio, I have no problem with our immigration policies. I do take issue with anyone trying to change our constitution or our form of democracy.

Then why the comment:

Originally Posted by Eve
And yet we roll out the welcome mat for anyone and everyone.

Given the fact that it was in response to a post regarding Canada's immigration policies, it certainly comes across as critical of the U.S.

Would you care to explain "our form of democracy"? Exactly what is that?

The health bill is not done yet , There need to be more votes on it.

jillio, our declaration of independence grants each man unalienable rights including "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness". It does not guarantee health insurance.

jillio, our declaration of independence grants each man unalienable rights including "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness". It does not guarantee health insurance.

Arent our lives dependent on having health insurance? Since "life" is mentioned then health insurance is a critical aspect to having a "life".

It doesnt guarantee the right to privacy. What's the point?

:lol: There was no such thing as health insurance when the declaration was written!:lol: You are going to have to do better than that.

Define "pursuit of happiness." A very subjective phrase there that could easily be determined to mean "health care." Being able to access health care without having to go bankrupt would fit into most person's definition of "happiness."

So...

We got a conflict here...

If a guy need a life-saving surgery, we would be denying his right to life if we don't pay for it. If we do pay for it, then we're denying another person's economic liberty.

Hard, eh?

So...

We got a conflict here...

If a guy need a life-saving surgery, we would be denying his right to life if we don't pay for it. If we do pay for it, then we're denying another person's economic liberty.

Hard, eh?

Its a connumdrum, souggy.:giggle:

:lol: There was no such thing as health insurance when the declaration was written!:lol: You are going to have to do better than that.

Define "pursuit of happiness." A very subjective phrase there that could easily be determined to mean "health care." Being able to access health care without having to go bankrupt would fit into most person's definition of "happiness."

Or not living in fear of getting sick or injured and not being able to get care. That is not one's idea of happiness or not in my book.

The Declaration guarantees you the right to PURSUE these options. It does not guarantee that the country will foot the bill.

The Declaration guarantees you the right to PURSUE these options. It does not guarantee that the country will foot the bill.

And the insurance companies have been taking away that right for many for too many years now. Time to take back our declaration.

I have the right to pursue happiness and life just like anyone else. I shouldnt be punished because I am not a CEO of a Forbes 500 company. That's the whole point of the arguement for Health Care Reform.

You aren't punished. You still have the right to pursue those options. No one has taken that right away from you.

And the insurance companies have been taking away that right for many for too many years now. Time to take back our declaration.

Right. The problem is that back in the old days, people used to rely on families to pay for medical bills. However the family system is gone now, and we're not having 3-15 kids per family anymore. No one told those people what they could or couldn't do-- insurance companies started making choices for their clients once the family support system started disappearing.

You aren't punished. You still have the right to pursue those options. No one has taken that right away from you.

The insurance companies have been doing it to individuals for eons.

THAT'S the AMERICAN spirit!!!!

Tell that to millions of Americans without health care. See if they agree with you.

Right. The problem is that back in the old days, people used to rely on families to pay for medical bills. However the family system is gone now, and we're not having 3-15 kids per family anymore. No one told those people what they could or couldn't do-- insurance companies started making choices for their clients once the family support system started disappearing.

Agreed. Our entire family system has undergone change. And the health care system has not kept pace with the sociological changes occuring in modern society.

It is not easy to get a visa to the US, let alone citizenship. The people who are here illegally are easy prey to unscrupulous employers and criminals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back