So...what you think about the health care bill?

Status
Not open for further replies.
darkdog, you are a breath of fresh air. It is nice to see that someone on this forum has the capability of thinking for themselves.

Canada's universal health care system is not exactly free FYI. It is a two-tiered system.

Based on my experience, the health care system run by federal/provincial government often run into too many problems. I have used some of private health care services in Canada and they have brought in better results and worthiness of money.

Yes, the public healthcare system isn't free since it's all paid for at taxpayers' expense. Private practices can benefit a lot of people. Especially when it comes to heart diseases, diabetes, cancer and many more.

However, if one was in need of assistance in an emergency, a public ER is the best option since they have people who can act fast and save people's lives, something not a lot of private practices are able to achieve since not everyone can afford it so they are lacking experience in that particular field. In fact, a public hospital is the best learning environment for a medical student since they have access to all kinds of diseases, injuries and such on a 24/7 basis.

A single second in decision-making makes all the difference in an emergency. The public healthcare system is far from perfect, so is the American healthcare. We shouldn't be comparing our healthcare to theirs because every healthcare system should be based on people's needs and they do vary from place to place.

Canada can and do benefit from private practices, but it also can benefit from public healthcare if they would just get their **** together and hire people with real qualifications, not some inexperienced bureaucrats to run the system.

Unfortunately, that's just a pipe dream at the moment.

darkdog, I don't think that you understand that function on the graph. It's a ratio. Profits are simply gross income - expenses. So simple a cave man can understand it. Using this generally accepted accounting principle, the profit is 2-10% (which is 10 times what the insurance companies claim).

Let's see, if Communism is so good and such a benefit for their people, why force people to participate in it? Same goes with this health care package where if people do not buy health care they'll be fined heavily and jailed.

This is what Statism is all about. It always requires the use of force. It strips people of their liberty. It always comes with handcuffs. When you have provisions in the health care bill that has the word "shall" mentioned over 3,400 times, that means you must do and obey along with penalties of fines and jail time for the refusal to buy health insurance. Once that happens then that’s how we know statism coming.

Canada's universal health care system is not exactly free FYI. It is a two-tiered system.

Based on my experience, the health care system run by federal/provincial government often run into too many problems. I have used some of private health care services in Canada and they have brought in better results and worthiness of money.

I'm not say about Canada health care is free, it is all about government run health care, it don't always to be free so I already know that in very long ago.

Let me repeat to say, I know that public health care in Canada isn't free!!!

Are the illegal immigrants covered in the overhauled health care system?

If so, the Democrats are going to be in deep trouble for the 2010 U.S. Congressional Election.

No, they aren't covered.

Yes, the public healthcare system isn't free since it's all paid for at taxpayers' expense. Private practices can benefit a lot of people. Especially when it comes to heart diseases, diabetes, cancer and many more.

However, if one was in need of assistance in an emergency, a public ER is the best option since they have people who can act fast and save people's lives, something not a lot of private practices are able to achieve since not everyone can afford it so they are lacking experience in that particular field. In fact, a public hospital is the best learning environment for a medical student since they have access to all kinds of diseases, injuries and such on a 24/7 basis.

A single second in decision-making makes all the difference in an emergency. The public healthcare system is far from perfect, so is the American healthcare. We shouldn't be comparing our healthcare to theirs because every healthcare system should be based on people's needs and they do vary from place to place.

Canada can and do benefit from private practices, but it also can benefit from public healthcare if they would just get their **** together and hire people with real qualifications, not some inexperienced bureaucrats to run the system.

Unfortunately, that's just a pipe dream at the moment.

Excuse me, I'm not say about Canada health care is free but just say about government-run health care aka public so I know that public health care isn't free, it isn't new for me to know it.

sallylou said:
So simple a cave man can understand it.
Yet it is obviously too complex for a liberal...

Eve, you are rude and arrogant. It really doesn't lend credibility to your position.

Just as it hasn't lended credibility to you, jillio, Jiro, et al. Afterall, it was you who threw the first stone by inferring that darkdog was incapable of interpreting the information you posted (at least not in the way YOU wanted it to be interpreted).

Eve, you are rude and arrogant. It really doesn't lend credibility to your position.

Say what?.....Eve?....Nah...looking back I can see the true rude and arrogant one. Her "position" is fine with me, SallyLou.

It was a joke. Some of us do that around here. If you venture off of the political threads and just chat sometime, you'll find that real people exist here who have their own personalities and senses of humor. Then again, you don't seem like a very sociable person.

On the contrary, I am quite sociable. I have plenty of friends outsde of the political threads. This just seems to be what has drawn my interest at the moment. And despite my capacious sense of humor, I find very precious little of your back-handed comments to be giggle-worthy.

Sarcasm and irony appeal to a different crowd. Not everyone gets it.

Just as it hasn't lended credibility to you, jillio, Jiro, et al. Afterall, it was you who threw the first stone by inferring that darkdog was incapable of interpreting the information you posted (at least not in the way YOU wanted it to be interpreted).

You know that Jiro is considered as a conservative among the liberal ADers?

and also I don't support this health care bill. plus - I don't recall saying darkdog is incapable of interpreting the information. It is understandable that my AD name is easily confused with Jillio :lol:

Eve - you'll have to show to me that I've said such thing about darkdog.

souggy said:
Now that's just sad.

Jiro said:
Eve - you'll have to show to me that I've said such thing about darkdog.
When I said "you", it was meant as a singular toward sallylou, not plural toward you or anyone else. The comment regarding you (plural) was that rudeness and arrogance don't lend credibility to your position.

Jiro said:
It is understandable that my AD name is easily confused with Jillio
Yes, there has been mention that you could possibly be perceived as her "lap dog". I don't know you well enough to make that deduction, myself.

Not sad. He's just playing the Devil's advocate.

There are many conservatives here that are on ADers, but they're well-liked because they can play the Devil's advocates. As soon there's a void missing, another conservative will pop in to fill in that void.

ie. When debating about gun rights, no one else posted-- so Jiro filled in that void.

I would love to continue this little argument but its' time for me to be fearless cub scout den leader. Duty calls. Ya'll have a good evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back