Shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey FF, are you got job furloughed?

lockdown has been lifted. it's over. some crazy woman was trying to drive thru security barrier near White House. she's dead, I believe.

How do we know she was crazy, and not just a confused tourist? :hmm:

Woman slain after car chase from White House to Capitol

For an out of towner driving through DC, not familiar with how overwhelmingly confusing it is ....

She didn't ram anything.

She was unarmed and was shot in front of her infant. A 33 year old dental hygienist, and her family is absolutely shocked.

George Carlin was absolutely correct, being in America is a front row seat to the freak show that is living on Earth. I'm sitting back and watching both sides burn, it's fairly entertaining really.

I found out that my friend with the FAA still has to go to work but he will not be getting paid for his work. He's on furlough but for airline safety reasons he has to keep working.

I hear rusmor horribles crappy. on social network is crappy is serious high powerful on social media. not good. I see it I heard some on news it is terribles. it is very serious! many people have listing epic!

I found out that my friend with the FAA still has to go to work but he will not be getting paid for his work. He's on furlough but for airline safety reasons he has to keep working.

My former coworkers in Homeland Security are in the same position. All leave got canceled and that includes maternity leave. No fun leaving a baby at home.

From what I understand that they will get paid but not on time. Those furloughed people who stayed home for a few days are still getting paid eventually.

My former coworkers in Homeland Security are in the same position. All leave got canceled and that includes maternity leave. No fun leaving a baby at home.
What if the employee is on vacation in Europe? Required to cancel it and report to work immediately? I don't think so.

Moms can't take maternity leave during shutdown? That's ****ing wrong.

What if the employee is on vacation in Europe? Required to cancel it and report to work immediately? I don't think so.

Moms can't take maternity leave during shutdown? That's ****ing wrong.

They are still discussing about if they will lose some $ or not when they are on vacation as they had been planned long time ago.

They are still discussing about if they will lose some $ or not when they are on vacation as they had been planned long time ago.
When they are on annual or sick leave, they will get paid eventually. Congress already passed the bill that will give them back pay after shutdown ends.

When they are on annual or sick leave, they will get paid eventually. Congress already passed the bill that will give them back pay after shutdown.

SPeaking of essentail people (excepted people) they are forced to work and are not allowed to take day off until the shutdown is over. Those excepted people have already had plans for vacations or dr appointments that leads to some more questions.

SPeaking of essentail people (excepted people) they are forced to work and are not allowed to take day off until the shutdown is over. Those excepted people have already had plans for vacations or dr appointments that leads to some more questions.
Most of the govt buildings are closed during weekends so what will they do there?

Most of the govt buildings are closed during weekends so what will they do there?

what do you mean??? :confused: Some essentail (gov fed employees) are still working and they are not allowed to take day off when they have enough vacation hours during the shutdown period.

what do you mean??? :confused: Some essentail (gov fed employees) are still working and they are not allowed to take day off when they have enough vacation hours during the shutdown period.
I thought you meant they must work 7 days/wk because you said they are not allowed to take day off. You were talking about vacation time that they can't have during shutdown. Well, some people may already be taking a two/three weeks or one month vacation before shutdown. Must they cancel it and fly back from Europe or Hawaii or wherever to report to work immediately? That's ridiculous.

I thought you meant they must work 7 days/wk because you said they are not allowed to take day off. You were talking about vacation time that they can't have during shutdown. Well, some people may already be taking a two/three weeks or one month vacation before shutdown. Must they cancel it and fly back from Europe or Hawaii or wherever to report to work immediately? That's ridiculous.

some of them continues to go on vacation without pays its called AWOL.

some of them continues to go on vacation without pays its called AWOL.
Do you know what AWOL means? Absence WithOut Leave is an absence without authorization. It can get an employee suspended or fired for that. How do I know? Hello, I work for USPS.

Maybe you mean LWOP which is Leave WithOut Pay, however I believe they will get paid for their AL (Annual Leave).

Even any fed employee calls in sick, he/she will get paid eventually if he/she has SL (Sick Leave) available.

Furloughed employees will also get paid when the govt opens (Congress calls it "paid vacation"). So it's not fair to people who are on AL or SL or FMLA during shutdown not getting back pay. It DOESN'T make sense at all.

Last edited:
Do you know what AWOL means? Absence WithOut Leave is an absence without authorization. It can get an employee suspended or fired for that. How do I know? Hello, I work for USPS.

Maybe you mean LWOP which is Leave WithOut Pay, however I believe they will get paid for their AL (Annual Leave).

Even any fed employee calls in sick, he/she will get paid eventually if he/she has SL (Sick Leave) available.

Furloughed employees will also get paid when the govt opens (Congress calls it "paid vacation"). So it's not fair to people who are on AL or SL or FMLA during shutdown not getting back pay. It DOESN'T make sense at all.

Yes. OPM policy used that term issue. Some agencies used that AWOL. Some certain offices did bring up that used LWOP instead of AWOl because of furlough. I suggest you to read OPM policy. it doesnt matter, you can say that LWOP. However anyone cant neglect them if we do that then it will be consequences.

either some furloughed or excepted people will get paid at a much later after the shutdown is over.

Yes. OPM policy used that term issue. Some agencies used that AWOL. Some certain offices did bring up that used LWOP instead of AWOl because of furlough. I suggest you to read OPM policy. it doesnt matter, you can say that LWOP. However anyone cant neglect them if we do that then it will be consequences.

either some furloughed or excepted people will get paid at a much later after the shutdown is over.
AWOL is not the same as LWOP. Big difference! I am under OPM, too. Let me explain all over. AWOL is an absence that IS NOT approved with no pay. LWOP is an absence that IS approved with no pay. Are or were you a fed govt worker?

Are you telling me that during shutdown, those fed employees who are already on vacation (AL) don't get PAID later and get AWOL or LWOP instead? :confused: If so, where is the source?

*puzzle*... FF, are you furloughed worker or your family has been furloughed, too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back