Shooting at U S Capitol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell me how people who have mental problems can't buy guns.

If court order or sheriff take you to hospital (involuntary commitment) so it will appear on background check.

Can you define mental problems wherein a gunshop owner can decide not to sell a gun?

I can't find a video of this with captions, but the title says it all. Not sure why, but you just reminded me of this for some reason..lol

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bow0Xm4dkNM"]Arnold Schwarzenegger - I swear I won't kill anyone - YouTube[/ame]

I seem to recall you villifying the LAPD in the Rodney King incident. Coincidentally, you were not there when that happened either. :hmm:

um... it was illegal

in this case - there's nothing illegal. everything was by the book and cops' actions were justified. as far as I'm concerned - nobody's vilifying them for shooting at mom except you.

Are you telling me that currently people with mental problems can buy guns, even though they didn't do anything bad in the past?

correct. if there's no record... then they can buy it. it's an imperfect world.

um... it was illegal

in this case - there's nothing illegal. everything was by the book and cops' actions were justified. as far as I'm concerned - nobody's vilifying them for shooting at mom except you.

Yes, I reviewed the video several times and agreed with you about cops made justifiable move after her.

There will always be bad cops out there. This is the reason why 2A exists, our forefathers knew it in advance and they predict that we will always deal with bad government representatives, they create our constitution for that very reason. There are no way we can eliminate bad apples, and we need to learn to live with it rather than increase police state.

I seem to recall you villifying the LAPD in the Rodney King incident. Coincidentally, you were not there when that happened either. :hmm:

There will always be bad cops out there. This is the reason why 2A exists, our forefathers knew it in advance and they predict that we will always deal with bad government representatives, they create our constitution for that very reason. There are no way we can eliminate bad apples, and we need to learn to live with it rather than increase police state.

2A doesn't allow you to shoot at cops. that's death penalty.

Do you know why they killed the unarmed mom when she got out of the car? I think that's under investigation right now.

Many people said that the cops should shoot the tires to stop the car earlier.

In Indiana, you can shoot cop if they break in your house without warrant. Don't you realize that?

um.... why would a cop break into a house? that would make him a criminal.....

Do you know why they killed the unarmed mom when she got out of the car? I think that's under investigation right now.
because she was a delusional lunatic with a psychotic breakout and was putting everybody in grave danger.

Many people said that the cops should shoot the tires to stop the car earlier.
oh? I would like to see them to try it out and see if they can do it with a car violently moving around. plus that's not gonna stop her immediately. shooting her was absolutely necessary and it's completely justified.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/04/justice/capitol-hill-shooting-protocol/index.html?hpt=hp_c2
Brooks dismissed suggestions that police could have defused the situation simply by shooting out the car's tires. "If you are using deadly force, you are there to try to incapacitate the driver of that car -- of that weapon," he said. "If they did shoot the tires out, the car can keep moving."

remember Range Rover that ran over bikers? he was able to get away even on flat tires.

say it post natal psycosis according to news...i wonder what happen to her apart from hospital she not go prison

I never said she had a gun, but that's what I originally heard, that SHE was the shooter. But, now it's come to light that the police were actually the shooter(s).

"Originally Posted by SophiaG View Post
I was wondering why the shooter was a woman and I thought it was uncommon for a woman to be the shooter instead of a male. it confused me but now that it has come to light that it was actually the police shooting, it makes sense.Originally Posted by SophiaG "
You posted this.

because she was a delusional lunatic with a psychotic breakout and was putting everybody in grave danger.
Oh, why not tasering her instead?

oh? I would like to see them to try it out and see if they can do it with a car violently moving around.
You can't do that, either? Come on, you and I can do it. Easy to kneel down and point the gun at one of the tires just like in cop movies.

"Originally Posted by SophiaG View Post
I was wondering why the shooter was a woman and I thought it was uncommon for a woman to be the shooter instead of a male. it confused me but now that it has come to light that it was actually the police shooting, it makes sense.Originally Posted by SophiaG "
You posted this.

Read her last sentence, starting with "It confused me but now..............."

Oh, Why not tasering her instead?
probably because she was inside the car with windows up. or they were not in the taser range.

You can't do that, either? Come on, you and I can do it. Easy to kneel down and point the gun at one of the tires just like in cop movies.
nope. you'll most likely either get crushed by a car or you'll accidentally shoot other cop

and this -

"We live in times of heightened alert as far as terrorist activities are concerned," she said. "The fact that she was not displaying a gun doesn't mean anything, because bombers don't necessarily display anything. They have the explosives around their waist, usually.

"It's a matter of a split-second decision that the police officer needs to take before someone explodes himself. It's all about the larger context. They just push the button, or it could be activated from a remote location."

CNN law enforcement analyst Mike Brooks said the police had no choice but to shoot.

"You don't know if she has a bomb," he said. "You don't know if it's a terrorist attack. The officers just don't know."

Are you telling me that currently people with mental problems can buy guns, even though they didn't do anything bad in the past?

If they never been in trouble with the law and never been seen for mental illness how can a gun seller check the person background? People with mental illness and not stupid , I think that is the impression some people have and are shocked to hear how they had commited a mass shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back