Shooting at U S Capitol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, the police in DC operate under "kill first, sort it out later." Any time you see the driver is a woman, you need to assume there's a child in the car until you can rule that out. They didn't. I've read of similar situations in other cities where cops went above and beyond to stop a car and protect the public before using their gun, which was their last choice. There was no attempt to do that in this situation. They're only action was shoot to kill. The fact that the child was unharmed was not due to the remarkable shooting skills of the cops, but just plain luck and by the grace of God. If the child had been killed, I'm sure they'd still feel justified in shooting.

There was a witness that claimed they pulled the baby out of the car THEN they shot her mother.

There was a witness that claimed they pulled the baby out of the car THEN they shot her mother.

Honestly, if that's true, I find that really horrible. Shooting an unarmed person that was probably mentally unbalanced...I don't know what that says about the people who swear by "protect and serve." It sounds like they acted as judge and jury instead of following the legal procedures all cops must ahere to. I'm sure they'll defend their actions without so much as a slap on the hand, but getting away with murder, doesn't make it right. Her family was entitled to their day in court...

I hope to HELL this is not true! If the cop where able open the car's door to take the baby out of the car , they could had taken the mother alive.

Jiro, your being too hypocrite! On this thread, you are saying the opposite and apparently on police side on this thread, however look at another thread that you created in the past which I am referring to http://www.alldeaf.com/current-events/111770-shot-cop.html Over there, that thread you do not believe that cop were justified in shooting out while here in this thread you think it is justified for DC cop to shoot at this poor woman with mental issues.

Your just full of BS! And you never work as law enforcement, so none of your statement is supportive and I do not believe none of your comments.

Firstly, nobody knew the mental status of that woman or what her ultimate agenda was. All people saw was that she was ramming her car into those barriers and refused to stop. The car itself *IS* a deadly weapon. Attempting to breach security perimeters at the Capitol or other similar place with deadly force (i.e. car) is not a good idea.

Firstly, nobody knew the mental status of that woman or what her ultimate agenda was. All people saw was that she was ramming her car into those barriers and refused to stop. The car itself *IS* a deadly weapon. Attempting to breach security perimeters at the Capitol or other similar place with deadly force (i.e. car) is not a good idea.

Yes, I agree with you.

We never know if this woman may be bomber.

Government places seem to be most sensitive area.

Then I pity anyone that get lost near any breach security perimeters and does not understand English .

Yes, I agree with you.

We never know if this woman may be bomber.

Government places seem to be most sensitive area.

There was on bombs or guns found in the car. She was not a terrorist or had any tires to any groups. So you have nothing to worry about. The woman's had a baby that will never know her or his mother and that is very sad. I read her Dr. was trying to lower her dozes of pills , I wonder if this will be looked into .

There was on bombs or guns found in the car. She was not a terrorist or had any tires to any groups. So you have nothing to worry about. The woman's had a baby that will never know her or his mother and that is very sad. I read her Dr. was trying to lower her dozes of pills , I wonder if this will be looked into .

You never know about what is in the car.

The security measurement already got tightened after 9/11 attack and Boston Marathon bombings.

This woman probably not follow the police's order so that why police officers opened the fire to shoot at her.

That's very unfortunate and I think we need move on, as let police department to investigate on this case.

According to the video made by eyewitness, the driver was hostile towards the officers and trying to breach the security barrier by the White House and Capitol. The weapon was her own car, she did not comply with the order to stop. What were the mother's thinking when she have a baby in the back to see what she did is wrong?

Whether there is no guns or bombs in the car, the women was being combative with her own vehicle ramming the police cars and barriers. They had to stop her from harming the safety of the public.

As to why she doing this we may never know...

You're doing the same thing...telling someone ample experience in the field that you could have done his job better even though you've never worked one day in law enforcement.

Laura

are you saying they did a terrible job and could have done it better?

Jiro, your being too hypocrite! On this thread, you are saying the opposite and apparently on police side on this thread, however look at another thread that you created in the past which I am referring to http://www.alldeaf.com/current-events/111770-shot-cop.html Over there, that thread you do not believe that cop were justified in shooting out while here in this thread you think it is justified for DC cop to shoot at this poor woman with mental issues.

Your just full of BS! And you never work as law enforcement, so none of your statement is supportive and I do not believe none of your comments.

huh? what? oh my.... you are really grasping at straws....

btw - here's an update - http://www.alldeaf.com/current-events/111770-shot-cop-6.html#post2238148

Unfortunately, the police in DC operate under "kill first, sort it out later." Any time you see the driver is a woman, you need to assume there's a child in the car until you can rule that out. They didn't. I've read of similar situations in other cities where cops went above and beyond to stop a car and protect the public before using their gun, which was their last choice. There was no attempt to do that in this situation. They're only action was shoot to kill. The fact that the child was unharmed was not due to the remarkable shooting skills of the cops, but just plain luck and by the grace of God. If the child had been killed, I'm sure they'd still feel justified in shooting.

but.... they didn't do that...

she gave them a reason to shoot

Yes, they both are related, both of these drivers didn't possess any firearms, yet police open their firearms anyway.

Point here police should return fire when suspect opens the fire first. If suspect has not open fire then there is no reason for police open fire to begin with. Whats conflict between DC cop and Ohio cop is DC police don't get disciplinary action while Ohio police gets disciplinary action. DC police should be receiving disciplinary action regardless. Neither of DC and Ohio suspect open fire at all, not even have firearm at all.

and that's why they're being held accountable for it but.... this is related to this thread...... how?

Yes, they both are related, both of these drivers didn't possess any firearms, yet police open their firearms anyway.

Point here police should return fire when suspect opens the fire first. If suspect has not open fire then there is no reason for police open fire to begin with. Whats conflict between DC cop and Ohio cop is DC police don't get disciplinary action while Ohio police gets disciplinary action. DC police should be receiving disciplinary action regardless. Neither of DC and Ohio suspect open fire at all, not even have firearm at all.
Are you saying that the police should always wait until someone gets shot (and possibly killed) before they open fire?

Police have not seen the actual gun, why open fire when they don't see gun in the first place?

Secondly, why discipline one department (Ohio PD) when they thought they saw the gun and let other department DC PD) get away with it when they never thought they saw the gun?

Are you saying that the police should always wait until someone gets shot (and possibly killed) before they open fire?

Police have not seen the actual gun, why open fire when they don't see gun in the first place?

Secondly, why discipline one department (Ohio PD) when they thought they saw the gun and let other department DC PD) get away with it when they never thought they saw the gun?
I'm referring to this specific statement: "police should return fire when suspect opens the fire first."

That's not the same as seeing a gun.

Are you saying that the police have to wait until shots are fired, possibly hitting someone?

I want to be clear about understanding your viewpoint.

I don't know why you're asking me about various department policies. Each department decides their own policies and how to enforce them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back