Shooting at U S Capitol

Status
Not open for further replies.
and?

FYI - she was armed with a deadly weapon... her vehicle.
That's right. When she initially drove at the White House gate, she struck a Secret Service agent, and he flew up onto the hood of the car.

Even if you are "distraught" if you see well-marked police cars trying to pull you over, you pull over.

I think she had mental problems beyond simple traffic confusion.

When somebody shoots using gun, everybody turn to the idea of gun control, and ban guns.

Whats interesting this time is that vehicle was used as weapon, why nobody mention vehicle control, or ban something like that? Nobody even mention that kind of weapon that needs control, eh?

Americans are gone nuts for sure! Isn't it time to look back and see what works and what didn't work. What didn't work is obviously by too many laws, too many regulations in effect since mid 60's. Before that, I bet my ass Reba knows what I am talking about. There wasn't much regulations, and toy guns looks damn real during '50s and there was not many crazy loonies out there. After these kinds of ban, and spared rod, everybody gets spoiled rotten.

She panicked Jiro. She was trying to get the hell away - she was not trying to attack anyone. Also, when someone panics, they do not think rationally. They go through what is called a "fight or flight syndrome". she decided, obviously, to flee.

She also ran over no one.
She hit the Secret Service agent at the gate.

She wasn't panicked by confusing traffic patterns. She drove hundreds of miles from her home to her destination, the White House.

There was a super duty truck there (Police truck), why can't they use it to ram into her car to stop in front of her? I don't think cop using gun is justificable, using SuperDuty (F-250/350) can and WILL stop her easy.

There was a super duty truck there (Police truck), why can't they use it to ram into her car to stop in front of her? I don't think cop using gun is justificable, using SuperDuty (F-250/350) can and WILL stop her easy.

it's nice and all to sit back and point out the faults but when you're in that situation - you just do the best you can when everything was happening so fast and violent in very short time.

all I can say is that they're professionals and they did the best they could and they undoubtedly will be reviewing the situation and discussing on getting better at it.

it's nice and all to sit back and point out the faults but when you're in that situation - you just do the best you can when everything was happening so fast and violent in very short time.

all I can say is that they're professionals and they did the best they could and they undoubtedly will be reviewing the situation and discussing on getting better at it.

I seem to recall you villifying the LAPD in the Rodney King incident. Coincidentally, you were not there when that happened either. :hmm:

I was wondering why the shooter was a woman and I thought it was uncommon for a woman to be the shooter instead of a male. it confused me but now that it has come to light that it was actually the police shooting, it makes sense.

I was wondering why the shooter was a woman and I thought it was uncommon for a woman to be the shooter instead of a male. it confused me but now that it has come to light that it was actually the police shooting, it makes sense.

She did not have a gun , no guns where found in the woman's car.

She did not have a gun , no guns where found in the woman's car.

I never said she had a gun, but that's what I originally heard, that SHE was the shooter. But, now it's come to light that the police were actually the shooter(s).

When somebody shoots using gun, everybody turn to the idea of gun control, and ban guns.

Whats interesting this time is that vehicle was used as weapon, why nobody mention vehicle control, or ban something like that? Nobody even mention that kind of weapon that needs control, eh?
Are you goofy? :lol:

DMV (thus Dept of Motor Vehicles) should decide that people who have mental problems should be allowed to drive or not. The federal government is not involved.

Are you goofy? :lol:

DMV (thus Dept of Motor Vehicles) should decide that people who have mental problems should be allowed to drive or not. The federal government is not involved.

As far as I know, DMVs do not screen driver's license applicants for mental problems.

As far as I know, DMVs do not screen driver's license applicants for mental problems.
Then it's time for DMV to make changes. I don't trust that kind of drivers. You see, the female driver drove crazy while there was a child in the car. Bad idea to allow her to drive.

DMV can do a background check the same as for purchasing a gun so wait and see if DMV will take an action or not.

Then it's time for DMV to make changes. I don't trust that kind of drivers. You see, the female driver drove crazy while there was a child in the car. Bad idea to allow her to drive.

DMV can do a background check the same as for purchasing a gun so wait and see if DMV will take an action or not.

That's a pretty tall order, Paul; it'll never happen.

She might not have had a background of mental illness the last time she renewed her license. So, even if DMV did checks, she would have been clean.

It is difficult to screen the mental problems because people can lie to DMV - not very helpful.

There are no lab tests to detect the mental problems, unlike HIV test, rapid strep test, blood test, urine test, etc.

It is difficult to screen the mental problems because people can lie to DMV - not very helpful.

There are no lab tests to detect the mental problems, unlike HIV test, rapid strep test, blood test, urine test, etc.
Tell me how people who have mental problems can't buy guns.

Usually after something bad happens......
Are you telling me that currently people with mental problems can buy guns, even though they didn't do anything bad in the past?

Are you telling me that currently people with mental problems can buy guns, even though they didn't do anything bad in the past?

Can you define mental problems wherein a gunshop owner can decide not to sell a gun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back