Rude Members

Status
Not open for further replies.
One attracts more flies with honey than vinegar.

AND...DO NOT EVER TELL ME TO CALM DOWN OR TO COOL OFF. Why? Because saying that to me makes me even more pissed off. If you want me to calm down say something else instead of telling me to calm down. Telling me to calm down, it means that you just want me to shut up. I will not shut up for anybody.
That is not an excuse to get more pissed off.

They tried. Trying is better than nothing. Be happy that they even tried to help you.

If you don't get an answer you need, then look elsewhere. There's no need to keep yelling at us or getting mad at us because it doesn't work. :)

A Psychiatrist do not behave like that if he/she wants to become one. They have to act in a calm way no matter how pissed off the client is.
:Owned:

That's true.

I wouldn't want to work with a doctor or a psychiatrist with a short fuse.

There will always be patients who get easily pissed off or full of anger. As long as the doctor or psychiatrist keeps his cool, he can do his job professionally with little or no risk of error.

so... no big cock thing?
:rofl2: My thought exactly.

A Psychiatrist do not behave like that if he/she wants to become one. They have to act in a calm way no matter how pissed off the client is.

I gotta agree with you on this one. One who becomes a Psychiatrist are required to act and behave like a professionalism no matter what the situations. On duty or off duty, it doesn't matter, Professional do not behave like that. I mean look at Jillio. Still we are human and we deserve proper respect

:rofl2: My thought exactly.

I gotta agree with you on this one. One who becomes a Psychiatrist are required to act and behave like a professionalism no matter what the situations. On duty or off duty, it doesn't matter, Professional do not behave like that. I mean look at Jillio.

what about her?

I'm sorry but people in the medical field are still human beings.

To think they will not have an emotional reaction is like comparing them to robots.

To think they will not have an emotional reaction is like comparing them to robots.
We're not asking them to have no emotions.

We're asking them to control their emotions.

If someone started calling me names, of course I would be upset... but that doesn't mean I should get all full of rage and scream my head off at that someone for the whole world to see.

That's how problems often start in a lot of places... because they had a short fuse.

I don't think professional counselors should just sit there and take abuse. "Professional" does not mean weak. Acting professionally means being in control and that requires strength. There may even be times when anger is appropriate, as long as it's controlled anger. Anger is often abused because it is usually uncontrolled and causes people to fly off the handle and say and do stupid things. However, it can be a very powerful and effective emotion if wielded with control.

We're not asking them to have no emotions.

We're asking them to control their emotions.

If someone started calling me names, of course I would be upset... but that doesn't mean I should get all full of rage and scream my head off at that someone for the whole world to see.

That's how problems often start in a lot of places... because they had a short fuse.

My apologies for misunderstanding.

Yes, I agree.

Nothing worse than having an imaginary penis and overinflated testicles and trying beat my chest.. "ARR ARR ARR!" over misunderstandings.

:laugh2:

what about her?
Look like your question had already been answered by darkdog, and Jillio is one of them. :)

I don't think professional counselors should just sit there and take abuse. "Professional" does not mean weak. Acting professionally means being in control and that requires strength. There may even be times when anger is appropriate, as long as it's controlled anger. Anger is often abused because it is usually uncontrolled and causes people to fly off the handle and say and do stupid things. However, it can be a very powerful and effective emotion if wielded with control.

They don't have to take abuse, but they should be rational and have coping skills.

Well said. Why should any group be treated differently? Why should someone's job, lifestyle, color, income, or any other factor become a guideline for that individual's right to speak? Rudeness is a rebound action. When someone is rude, they receive rudeness back. So it goes.

Guidelines. Can you imagine what will happen to my teacher's license if I were to speak my mind to parents and students.

Bye bye, job!

Some emotions are acceptable, but others are just plain unneccessary. Now I have heard people blow off of steam at people, but that during spur of the moment.. She had plenty of time to think about it and choose to criticize people for not reading her posts correctly. If if it annoys her that bad, the forum is the last place to ask for help. the first place to get help is google it.

I thought you wanted to be a psychologist?

Uh, no. I have no plans on ever becoming a psychologist nor a psychiatrist. The title above my avatar says "amateur psychiatrist". That is supposed to be a joke. That should tell you that I have NO qualifications and that psychiatry and psychology is just a hobby/interest of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back