Question about CI

Status
Not open for further replies.
they can do, but they were checked on the operating table and never turned on. it doesnt affect your hearing with the implant, cos you never had those electrodes on anyway

Im still learning about it. Thanks for your input. my hub didnt say much about it.

IN case,

anyone who have(working) Nucleus Freedom cochlear implant processor that dont want or need it. I would like to take it.

It's too expensive to get new one that health insurnace does not cover it. It costs around 8 thousand dollars.

thanks.

IN case,

anyone who have(working) Nucleus Freedom cochlear implant processor that dont want or need it. I would like to take it.

It's too expensive to get new one that health insurnace does not cover it. It costs around 8 thousand dollars.

thanks.
Good idea to save some costs but I wonder if a surgeon would be willing to put it in. I can imagine that an implant that is removed has some malfunction. You wouldn't want that one.. Very likely the electrodes got damaged when the implant was removed....

Hope your health insurance will have another look at your application for CI. There are some organisations that can help you with applying for it....
"LetThemHear" organisation was one of them, but they are closed.. Mustbe some others...

Interesting "monologue' as usual re: Implants. I understand one's brain except some of the "cultural deaf"? does "control everything we do". Does it follow that your big toe-assuming one has one- is immediately connected to one's brain? More relevant point-what about the "brainless"???

Is the endpoint of this discussion -study of brains?

Next discussion in fingerspelling while swimming: how does one's brain work-while swimming???? Does Prof SKY know the answer?

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

Is the study in "brain matter/function" a worthwhile subject for the real DEAF?
I

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

Last edited:
I have registered CI cirlce forum and they have not approved me to enter it. I told the adminstration that its for my hubby. Anyone knows why or any problem how to log in?

maybe i have the wrong link? what is the link for it. I would like to enter the ci cirlce forum soon.

I have registered CI cirlce forum and they have not approved me to enter it. I told the adminstration that its for my hubby. Anyone knows why or any problem how to log in?

maybe i have the wrong link? what is the link for it. I would like to enter the ci cirlce forum soon.
The Yahoo group would require a Yahoo email to join the group I guess.. Apparently you have a Yahoo! account since you tried to register? (If not, register Yahoo, and then join the group..)
What forum did you try to join?

The Yahoo group would require a Yahoo email to join the group I guess.. Apparently you have a Yahoo! account since you tried to register? (If not, register Yahoo, and then join the group..)
What forum did you try to join?

can you please tell the moderators or adminstartor about this one.

yes its yahoo.

no luck.

www.cicircle.com or something through yahoo.

I think CICircle yahoo group is a list for pediatric CIs -- for parents of children with CIs, not for adults with CIs. The topics are limited to pediatric issues (from IEPs and educational placements to auditory rehab, speech therapies, language development, ASL, and AVT as well as pediatric surgery, mappings, and ear gear and such things. Very little of the content is relevant to adult users.

But there are some adult forums out there, including those that AB and Cochlear host, and participate in, although from what I've seen, users speak pretty freely. A lot of troubleshooting can be done through those. If your husband has a Cochlear product, go to cochlear.com / community section and join the user group that's most relevant. There's also a yahoo group called CI Hear: CIHear .

IN case,

thanks.

I take this to mean that she is looking for the external part that is used with this particular implant.

They may use the term "attached to the brain" because it easier to explain to a hearing person. Before I lost my hearing I never knew how the ear worked or about a cochlea. I think its just easier for some people to understand.

Good idea to save some costs but I wonder if a surgeon would be willing to put it in. I can imagine that an implant that is removed has some malfunction. You wouldn't want that one.. Very likely the electrodes got damaged when the implant was removed....

Hope your health insurance will have another look at your application for CI. There are some organisations that can help you with applying for it....
"LetThemHear" organisation was one of them, but they are closed.. Mustbe some others...

She said processor....... Not the internal part.

BTW Frisky - I know several AB processors that are not being used not Nucleus...

I take this to mean that she is looking for the external part that is used with this particular implant.
Yes.. Realising that... My mistake... Makes more sense now..

I guess I wasn't wiggling after all...

They may use the term "attached to the brain" because it easier to explain to a hearing person. Before I lost my hearing I never knew how the ear worked or about a cochlea. I think its just easier for some people to understand.
Perhaps... But in here I think more people like the "attached to the brain" because it scares people... The more horrifying a CI sounds, the better...

The brain is in NO way exposed when the CI is implanted inside the cochlea. It gives signals to the hearing-nerve, and is then going to the brain..

You were wiggling out of a different subject.
And you are trolling.... As usual...

is this how you avoid my line of questioning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back