Question about CI

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are. You obviously have some learning to do.

I know they are. Ultimately, in the body everything is connected to the brain.

But it also matter WHAT and HOW it is connected.

The CI is NOT connected to the brain, period. It's connected to the cochlea, hence the name- cochlear implant.

Slide63.jpg

Do you see it anywhere in the brain, or connected to the brain??

Fuzzy

I know they are. Ultimately, in the body everything is connected to the brain.

But it also matter WHAT and HOW it is connected.

The CI is NOT connected to the brain, period. It's connected to the cochlea, hence the name- cochlear implant.

Slide63.jpg

Do you see it anywhere in the brain, or connected to the brain??

Fuzzy

Nice attempt at backpedaling, there, Fuzz, but too little too late. And please explain to me how the CI is NOT connected to the brain. If it were not, it wouldn't be be able to send the electrical impluses that by pass the cochlea directly to the eighth cranial nerve and into the portion of the brain responsible for primarily interpreting auditory stimuli. Perhaps you should go back and hit the books some more.

Nice attempt at backpedaling, there, Fuzz, but too little too late. And please explain to me how the CI is NOT connected to the brain. If it were not, it would be be able to send the electrical impluses that by pass the cochlea directly to the eighth cranial nerve and into the portion of the brain responsible for primarily interpreting auditory stimuli. Perhaps you should go back and hit the books some more.

Like I would say.. if its not connected to the brain..... how would the person hear?

Nice attempt at backpedaling, there, Fuzz, but too little too late. And please explain to me how the CI is NOT connected to the brain. If it were not, it would be be able to send the electrical impluses that by pass the cochlea directly to the eighth cranial nerve and into the portion of the brain responsible for primarily interpreting auditory stimuli. Perhaps you should go back and hit the books some more.

I think she might want to look up the 8th nerve and the vestibulocochlear nerve while she's at it.

I believe you mean wouldn't.

Like I would say.. if its not connected to the brain..... how would the person hear?

Exactly, PFH. It is not the ear that hears. It is the brain that hears, and that is true in deaf and hearing alike. The ear and all of its components are nothing more than conductors.

I think she might want to look up the 8th nerve and the vestibulocochlear nerve while she's at it.

I believe you mean wouldn't.

You are correct. That is exactly what I meant. I will amend that right now!:giggle:

I've made more than my share of typos too. :giggle:

And I am typing and reading with a bad case of vertigo from my flight home. I probably shouldn't be allowed to have a keyboard near my hands right now!:lol:

And I am typing and reading with a bad case of vertigo from my flight home. I probably shouldn't be allowed to have a keyboard near my hands right now!:lol:

I hope your vertigo goes away.

Jillio, Jillio.... the CI is NOT connected to the brain, no matter how badly you want it to be.

Just because it sends electrical impulses via nerves to the brain doesn't mean
it make the thing itself connected to the brain.
It's how it WORKS, not how it is installed, sweetie.

Fuzzy

is evidence on prove truth on Jillo is very right who is prove on reason otherwise! It is very

I am very experience on balance vertigo dizzy and lots of ci implant many!

I hope your vertigo goes away.

It's better. I spent the first day laying flat on my back, holding onto walls to walk, and puking everytime I moved!:giggle: No, I don't think it's connected. Pressure in the cabin wasn't quite right or something, and my left ead just didn't pop like it should have.

Jillio, Jillio.... the CI is NOT connected to the brain, no matter how badly you want it to be.

Just because it sends electrical impulses via nerves to the brain doesn't mean
it make the thing itself connected to the brain.
It's how it WORKS, not how it is installed, sweetie.

Fuzzy

Fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy...yes it is. No matter how you try to twist it to make it sound pretty, it is connected to the brain. Shall I refer you to the doctor whose design is still being used? I just spoke with him in person last week.:cool2:

It's better. I spent the first day laying flat on my back, holding onto walls to walk, and puking everytime I moved!:giggle: No, I don't think it's connected. Pressure in the cabin wasn't quite right or something, and my left ead just didn't pop like it should have.

Ah. I'm glad to hear that.
I get painful ear popping everytime I go to the mountains along the Skyline drive just above Luray.

Fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy...yes it is. No matter how you try to twist it to make it sound pretty, it is connected to the brain.

I provided the picture.

Please, by all means, show me how the CI is connected to the brain...

Fuzzy

Fuzzy's interpretation: The CI is not connected to the brain directly.

Jillio's interpretatation: The CI is connected to the brain indirectly.

:)

I provided the picture.

Please, by all means, show me how the CI is connected to the brain...

Fuzzy

You showed a pic of the device.:roll: I'm not going to argue with you about it Fuzz. You can walk around ignorant the rest of your life for all I care. I point out your mistakes so others won't be as ignorant as you are.:P

You showed a pic of the device.:roll: I'm not going to argue with you about it Fuzz. You can walk around ignorant the rest of your life for all I care. I point out your mistakes so others won't be as ignorant as you are.:P

I agree you@ I believe it she images on add on worst to pretend!

Fuzzy's interpretation: The CI is not connected to the brain directly.

Jillio's interpretatation: The CI is connected to the brain indirectly.

:)

There you go. If it were not connected to the cranial nerves that lead directly to the brain it would not work. If it is connected to the nerve that is connected to the brain, it is, in effect, connected to the brain. This ain't rocket science!:P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back