Purple going out of business ?

Jclark go back school these money are not tax they are revenue from telephone companies.

just so you know - the tax system in Jake's country and here in America are different so take CBE's advice - educate, not ridicule. :)

just so you know - the tax system in Jake's country and here in America are different so take CBE's advice - educate, not ridicule. :)
You got it right, dude!

"......forget about it all paid back"? I don't think so. Why do you think that?

I think that if the order to pay it all back means that Purple, or other providers, have to shut down then this order ends up hurting the Deaf community more than helping it. The better solution is to try to recover some of the funds which will allow them to stay open, but still punishes them, and sends a message at the same time. This can be accomplished with a BIG fine. The size of the fine I cannot comment on, but it needs to be large enough to punish and recover some of the funds, but not so big that it forces these VRS companies to shut down. The IRS does this when you owe a large amount of taxes. They offer the option to negotiate the amount you can afford. They do this so they recover some of the taxes rather than none. The FCC should do something similar in this case. That's my thought, but I welcome any better ideas. I need my wireless VP so I am concerned about this causing Purple, or other companies with wireless VPs to shut down.

He didn't really say much that is not known; or at least how the VRS system is supposed to be run:INTEGRITY, something lacking amongst some operators so let's let the investigators take care of it.

I think that if the order to pay it all back means that Purple, or other providers, have to shut down then this order ends up hurting the Deaf community more than helping it. The better solution is to try to recover some of the funds which will allow them to stay open, but still punishes them, and sends a message at the same time. This can be accomplished with a BIG fine. The size of the fine I cannot comment on, but it needs to be large enough to punish and recover some of the funds, but not so big that it forces these VRS companies to shut down. The IRS does this when you owe a large amount of taxes. They offer the option to negotiate the amount you can afford. They do this so they recover some of the taxes rather than none. The FCC should do something similar in this case. That's my thought, but I welcome any better ideas. I need my wireless VP so I am concerned about this causing Purple, or other companies with wireless VPs to shut down.

That I can understand....negotiating. In my opinion, there have been too many VRS companies in the first place. Let the market dictate.

Do not worry about it because I went to Golden Corrall when Sorenson CEO and VP were hosting and they were told them that Sorenson will have a new Mobile wireless for the customers. I believe they will out sometime between march to june

really? cool but I hope those mobile Sorenson VP didn't require DMZ mode which require reconfiguring the wireless router and the modem. DMZ is a little pain in my neck.:roll:

You got it right, dude!

Don's Blog

One more thing… The relay funds are being paid by common carriers (telephone companies), not taxpayers even though the funds are being managed by the federal government (FCC thru an independent contractor namely NECA who collects monies from the carriers). To date, the Internet providers (cable, etc) are not paying one cent even though all VRS calls are being done thru the Internet! US House bill, HR3101 (Coalition of Organizations for Accessible Technology), updates the ADA and includes the Internet providers.

NOT TAXPAYERS!

Don's Blog

One more thing… The relay funds are being paid by common carriers (telephone companies), not taxpayers even though the funds are being managed by the federal government (FCC thru an independent contractor namely NECA who collects monies from the carriers). To date, the Internet providers (cable, etc) are not paying one cent even though all VRS calls are being done thru the Internet! US House bill, HR3101 (Coalition of Organizations for Accessible Technology), updates the ADA and includes the Internet providers.

NOT TAXPAYERS!
How many times do I need to tell you? Stop absuing me, go and get a life and stop absuing our VRS services, just pick up your videophone and your computer equipment and throw it outside your window and leave us in peace.

Don's Blog

NOT TAXPAYERS!

just so you know the NECA money is NOT tax
does this apply to Australia?

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

lilbugsb3 said:
Right, many customers need wireless VPs for pleasant trip and business trip. they can't carry Sorenson VP. New wireless mobile will be coming in near future which includes webcam to need wireless VRS providers.

If other VRS providers will be out of business, they will go black out. We disagree FCC rulings.

Do not worry about it because I went to Golden Corrall when Sorenson CEO and VP were hosting and they were told them that Sorenson will have a new Mobile wireless for the customers. I believe they will out sometime between march to june

I heard about new Sorenson mobile or netbook. Envision SL is back? no way. This software was awful. Dell netbook?

I have different view about how business practice runs. As you may all aware that sometime when they "assumed" it's ok to have employees to make a personal calls because it didn't stated in the FCC rules. Then later when FCC or NECA realized that sometime company pushed deaf employees to make more VRS calls to collect more funding. Many of the VRS company realize that many of the VP users don't make VRS calls as they expected. I'm sure most of you all make VP to VP calls, or deaf to deaf calls instead of deaf to hearing calls. I'm sure you all pretty aware of that about 90 percents make VP to VP calls compare to 10 percents use VRS. I can see that it's hard for the company to earn some money so they can pay to employee, produce new products, marketing and so forth. VRS company is trying to find a way to bring more money in without any violation with FCC rules. It's same thing with other business practice. Here's a good example of most recent report about how Hospital charging $1000.00 per tooth brush for patient to use. Since the hospital don't see any insurance rules about how much it should be charged for. Ok, hospital decided to rack it up the price for each items that being used. Cotton ball, $120 each. Get the idea? You all aware now how patients cannot afford the medical bills, and insurance company only pay small portion of the bills to Dr or hospital. If you have insurance bills, take a closer look at the bills, Dr charging say for example, $5000.00 for one simple surgery, but the insurance only allow to pay $3000.00. What happen to the rest of $2000.00? Dr will lose $2000.00. So, how do you feel about the $120.00 cotton ball? Outrageous? Yeah!
So, back to about FCC and VRS. Let say if all deaf people calls to hearing people using VRS 90 percents of the time? What happen to the VRS company? The company will grow enormiously, they can easily let you use free Netbook with VP application, or free Wifi members though out the USA, better product developements and so forth. Sadly, this isn't happening. Most deaf people makes 90 percents VP to VP calls. You remember back in few years ago talking about FCC plan to cut per minute charge and the VRS companies got freaked out and showing how many deaf people not using VRS as much they expected. If FCC is going to cut per minutes charges, I'm sure many of VRS companies will push you all to make more VRS calls, call hearing family members, call Dr, Vet Dr, long time hearing friend from high school.. they will bug you every day to "please make more VRS calls" so VRS can make the end meet with mounting debts. It's difficult to run VRS business, and trying to find a way to earn money from FCC to keep it running.
In my view, VRS company is not "cheating" it's because it didn't stated anything about FCC rules and VRS just simply find a loop hole to get around to bring in more money. The only thing is not right for VRS company to push employees to make more VRS calls, hence, personal calls. So, that is how FCC find out, and it's inaproporate and it's misused to make that kind of VRS calls. So, FCC need to make a clarification or modification on the FCC rules.
Remember, the purpose of using VP is to meet ADA laws, to allow deaf people to have equal funtion as hearing people. VRS company hope to see deaf people use the VRS more but it turn out that we all don't use much.
That is my opinion.

I have different view about how business practice runs. As you may all aware that sometime when they "assumed" it's ok to have employees to make a personal calls because it didn't stated in the FCC rules. Then later when FCC or NECA realized that sometime company pushed deaf employees to make more VRS calls to collect more funding. Many of the VRS company realize that many of the VP users don't make VRS calls as they expected. I'm sure most of you all make VP to VP calls, or deaf to deaf calls instead of deaf to hearing calls. I'm sure you all pretty aware of that about 90 percents make VP to VP calls compare to 10 percents use VRS. I can see that it's hard for the company to earn some money so they can pay to employee, produce new products, marketing and so forth. VRS company is trying to find a way to bring more money in without any violation with FCC rules. It's same thing with other business practice. Here's a good example of most recent report about how Hospital charging $1000.00 per tooth brush for patient to use. Since the hospital don't see any insurance rules about how much it should be charged for. Ok, hospital decided to rack it up the price for each items that being used. Cotton ball, $120 each. Get the idea? You all aware now how patients cannot afford the medical bills, and insurance company only pay small portion of the bills to Dr or hospital. If you have insurance bills, take a closer look at the bills, Dr charging say for example, $5000.00 for one simple surgery, but the insurance only allow to pay $3000.00. What happen to the rest of $2000.00? Dr will lose $2000.00. So, how do you feel about the $120.00 cotton ball? Outrageous? Yeah!
So, back to about FCC and VRS. Let say if all deaf people calls to hearing people using VRS 90 percents of the time? What happen to the VRS company? The company will grow enormiously, they can easily let you use free Netbook with VP application, or free Wifi members though out the USA, better product developements and so forth. Sadly, this isn't happening. Most deaf people makes 90 percents VP to VP calls. You remember back in few years ago talking about FCC plan to cut per minute charge and the VRS companies got freaked out and showing how many deaf people not using VRS as much they expected. If FCC is going to cut per minutes charges, I'm sure many of VRS companies will push you all to make more VRS calls, call hearing family members, call Dr, Vet Dr, long time hearing friend from high school.. they will bug you every day to "please make more VRS calls" so VRS can make the end meet with mounting debts. It's difficult to run VRS business, and trying to find a way to earn money from FCC to keep it running.
In my view, VRS company is not "cheating" it's because it didn't stated anything about FCC rules and VRS just simply find a loop hole to get around to bring in more money. The only thing is not right for VRS company to push employees to make more VRS calls, hence, personal calls. So, that is how FCC find out, and it's inaproporate and it's misused to make that kind of VRS calls. So, FCC need to make a clarification or modification on the FCC rules.
Remember, the purpose of using VP is to meet ADA laws, to allow deaf people to have equal funtion as hearing people. VRS company hope to see deaf people use the VRS more but it turn out that we all don't use much.
That is my opinion.

I read on your poin of view...

First of all...

I don't see the 'force' as encourage me or anyone use their service because they got note from FCC about but fund.

I use the SVRS or Purple alot of time... They don't call or force me to use VRs because I have basic daily life to do around.

As Hearing, they do have basic daily life to do around too. Again, VP to VP is small number but if you think the large number. It more like stay VP whole life and sucking glue with vp.

Again...

Purple have face issue, and ZVRS did got refund fund back from April 08 to Dec 09. That big jack pot for them to re-polish to get fix and everything to pay back to interpreter.

I again,

I do not see force, but the agent or out there are doing who work with client do enourage because empower and they just can't depend on other Deaf and say 'please call that number to explain them what I want...' I am not going to diaper that person and told person need to use VRS and learn from there.

What VRS define to enourcage people use VRS...

High percent in past they use IP Relay than VRS... So they try to turn around and change for better communicate Hearing and Deaf. The VRS is simple empower your life to use VRS.

So again, we use VRS and we expand their service because we use their service. Again, VRS is educate that can use because I know again my friend doesn't use VRS at all, just use VP to VP. My friend to communicate with hearing via TTY.. ~.~

I am sharing and in general that we do need VRS but too many VRS, no...

On Friday it will breaking news about Purple is out of business so I will be happy no more dishonest company!

Back