Purple going out of business ?

Right, many customers need wireless VPs for pleasant trip and business trip. they can't carry Sorenson VP. New wireless mobile will be coming in near future which includes webcam to need wireless VRS providers.

If other VRS providers will be out of business, they will go black out. We disagree FCC rulings.

Many Many interpreters are losing jobs! Sorenson is the only place to go, but if interpreter work for sorenson 1st and leave to work for purple 2nd, that interpreter cannot go back to sorenson again.
So Interpreters have to work for newer companies.

Many Many interpreters are losing jobs! Sorenson is the only place to go, but if interpreter work for sorenson 1st and leave to work for purple 2nd, that interpreter cannot go back to sorenson again.
So Interpreters have to work for newer companies.

I am sure Sorenson may re-hire them 20 or 40 percents. Due Sorenson doesn't want put us on hold waiting again.

I just used Purple VRS to make a phone call. They are still in business as far as I know.

Purple still keep business. I got the latest update from Dan Luis of CEO was from yesterday and he mentioned that FCC has finally started to work with us, but there is nothing in “black and white” at this point. They are hoping to reach an agreement by Monday, hopefully. They feel that there is light at the end of the tunnel, but we have not gotten there yet.

Querty123, stop nonsense against Purple, please.

perhaps qwerty makes these negative comments since he is insincere or perhaps he doesnt understand so he does what most ignorant males do- talk down on others. :hmm:

Fcc’s opposition to emergency motion for stay

Its unfathomable to see Purple gone.

FCC’S OPPOSITION TO EMERGENCY MOTION FOR STAY

filed today

Respondent Federal Communications Commission hereby opposes the emergency motion for stay filed by petitioner Purple Communications, Inc. Purple seeks a stay of two letters issued by the Commission’s staff pursuant to delegated authority determining that Purple had received overpayments of $18,459,064 from a federally controlled account for its provision of communications services for hearing impaired persons. The FCC staff letters advised Purple that the Commission had directed the entity that administers these funds to suspend further payments to Purple.

Purple’s motion establishes none of the factors warranting grant of a stay. In particular, Purple fails to acknowledge: (1) that the Court lacks jurisdiction to consider the merits of FCC staff actions taken pursuant to delegated authority; (2) the government’s common law right of offset or recoupment and the related right to withhold payments during efforts to resolve debts; (3) the extensive process Purple has been afforded to present facts and argument in response to the Commission’s investigative inquiries; and (4) the equities in favor of FCC action to protect the fund established to provide service to hearing impaired users. Grant of Purple’s motion would compel the FCC to authorize payment of millions of additional dollars to a company that the Commission has determined already had been overpaid by at least $18.5 million. This Court should not require the FCC to throw good money after bad, particularly when Purple has put in doubt its ability ever to repay.

The motion should be denied.

Source please

filed today

Respondent Federal Communications Commission hereby opposes the emergency motion for stay filed by petitioner Purple Communications, Inc. Purple seeks a stay of two letters issued by the Commission’s staff pursuant to delegated authority determining that Purple had received overpayments of $18,459,064 from a federally controlled account for its provision of communications services for hearing impaired persons. The FCC staff letters advised Purple that the Commission had directed the entity that administers these funds to suspend further payments to Purple.

Purple’s motion establishes none of the factors warranting grant of a stay. In particular, Purple fails to acknowledge: (1) that the Court lacks jurisdiction to consider the merits of FCC staff actions taken pursuant to delegated authority; (2) the government’s common law right of offset or recoupment and the related right to withhold payments during efforts to resolve debts; (3) the extensive process Purple has been afforded to present facts and argument in response to the Commission’s investigative inquiries; and (4) the equities in favor of FCC action to protect the fund established to provide service to hearing impaired users. Grant of Purple’s motion would compel the FCC to authorize payment of millions of additional dollars to a company that the Commission has determined already had been overpaid by at least $18.5 million. This Court should not require the FCC to throw good money after bad, particularly when Purple has put in doubt its ability ever to repay.

filed today

COPYRIGHT VIOLATION ALERT

:roll:

filed today

No answering about source?

I congratulate FCC for " catching and punishing " the crooked VRS providers !!! May the crooked VRS providers suffer a quick death !!! We need good honest , ethical and progressive VRS providers.. Not some get rich off the deaf providers ... This is the reason I am so glad I never did business with Viable and Purple. I try very hard to give my VRS hours to honest VRS companies.

So, let's support the honest deaf VRS companies that is hopefully run and supports deaf people !!!

What is your number ? 1 555-555-5555 ? lol

Remember that Sorenson and other providers do not own the numbers, so it takes time for the "middle man" to do the transfer as well, so it is NOT Sorenson's fault. I had a number from Viable, it was very easy for me to remember and I requested that it be ported to my other device. My viable stopped working right away, and my other device didn't work for like a week. It's NOT just Sorenson, it's the same with all providers.

The 'source' is merely a PDF placed in Google Docs. Where can this FCC reply be found on internet, I did search and could not locate this filing.

Notice of withdrawal of petitioner’s emergency motion

Good job Purple

Filed today

NOTICE OF WITHDRAWAL OF PETITIONER’S EMERGENCY MOTION FOR A STAY AND PETITIONER’S MOTION OF VOLUNTARY DISMISSAL

Petitioner Purple Communications, Inc. (“Purple”), through undersigned counsel, hereby respectfully withdraws its Emergency Motion for a Stay and moves for the voluntary dismissal of its Petition for Review, filed March 4, 2010, and states:

1. On March 4, 2010, Purple filed its Petition for Review (the “Petition”) requesting that the Court review two orders (the “Orders”) of the Office of the Managing Director of the Federal Communications Commission (the “FCC”). A copy of the Petition with attachments is annexed hereto.

2. At the same time, Purple filed Petitioner’s Emergency Motion for a Stay, requesting a stay of the Orders pending this Court’s adjudication of Purple’s Petition.

3. Later on March 4, 2010, the Court issued an order directing the FCC to respond to Purple’s motion by March 5, 2010, with any reply by Purple due March 8, 2010.

4. On March 5, 2010, the FCC filed a Response in Opposition to Purple’s motion. Purple filed its Reply in Further Support of Its Emergency Motion for a Stay the morning of March 8, 2010.

5. Later on March 8, 2010, the parties reached an agreement with respect to the issues raised in both the Petition and the Emergency Motion for a Stay, pursuant to which the parties agreed to the withdrawal of Purple’s Emergency Motion for a Stay and to the voluntary dismissal of the Petition.

WHEREFORE, Purple respectfully withdraws Petitioner’s Emergency Motion for a Stay and moves for the Petition to be dismissed by the Court.
Dated: March 9, 2010

Good job Purple

Filed today

NOTICE OF WITHDRAWAL OF PETITIONER’S EMERGENCY MOTION FOR A STAY AND PETITIONER’S MOTION OF VOLUNTARY DISMISSAL

Petitioner Purple Communications, Inc. (“Purple”), through undersigned counsel, hereby respectfully withdraws its Emergency Motion for a Stay and moves for the voluntary dismissal of its Petition for Review, filed March 4, 2010, and states:

1. On March 4, 2010, Purple filed its Petition for Review (the “Petition”) requesting that the Court review two orders (the “Orders”) of the Office of the Managing Director of the Federal Communications Commission (the “FCC”). A copy of the Petition with attachments is annexed hereto.

2. At the same time, Purple filed Petitioner’s Emergency Motion for a Stay, requesting a stay of the Orders pending this Court’s adjudication of Purple’s Petition.

3. Later on March 4, 2010, the Court issued an order directing the FCC to respond to Purple’s motion by March 5, 2010, with any reply by Purple due March 8, 2010.

4. On March 5, 2010, the FCC filed a Response in Opposition to Purple’s motion. Purple filed its Reply in Further Support of Its Emergency Motion for a Stay the morning of March 8, 2010.

5. Later on March 8, 2010, the parties reached an agreement with respect to the issues raised in both the Petition and the Emergency Motion for a Stay, pursuant to which the parties agreed to the withdrawal of Purple’s Emergency Motion for a Stay and to the voluntary dismissal of the Petition.

WHEREFORE, Purple respectfully withdraws Petitioner’s Emergency Motion for a Stay and moves for the Petition to be dismissed by the Court.
Dated: March 9, 2010

I agree with this but sadly, I rather see the link what you put this information.

Back